Breville Crystal Clear BKE595

MPN: BKE595CLR

genXreviewer

genXreviewerSydney, NSW

5 years & still going strong

Purchased in June 2014 at Myer Retail Stores for $88.00.

Noise Level

Jim W.

Jim W.Hobart, TAS

Lid opens while kettle is boiling.

Like many others I too have had it boil dry because the lid will not stay closed when the water comes to a boil... we have had one situation where the kitchen was filled with steam because it boiled dry.. the lid release is of poor design and will fail, potentially scalding the user.

This is a very badly designed product and I find it hard to believe that this is still allowed to be sold, it should be part of a recall.

Purchased in August 2016 for $79.00.

Noise Level
Jenny

JennySydney

So far so good. Quite impressed with the speed of the boiler.

The kettle heats up quite quick, about 1 min for level 1.7L of water. Quite exxy, bought it for $60. Hopefully this last for 2 years+. Also the boiler isn't too quiet, and can be a bit loud for some people also a bit heavy to carry, it's not very lightweight.

Date PurchasedJan 2019
Bec

BecPerth, WA

Very disappointed

Not happy at all and have bought a few breville kettles over the years and never had this problem. Bought it late last year and it rusted at the bottom in a week plus get bits floating in water. Contacted House where I bought it online and they took awhile to get back to me with an answer from Breville to descal it. Ru kidding me!!! In a week after I got it. What an absolute joke! Have cleaned it and you can not get rid of rust plus still get bits floating in water and surely it's not good to drink. Not happy at all!!

Date PurchasedSep 2018

Jacob

JacobGold coast

Works Well

Owned for Six months , Started to get a build up on the element and become noisy
I read the instructions and purchased the Breville Kettle cleaner which brought the
Kettle back to perfect working condition. Very happy with the Kettlles appearance and ease of cleaning
and speed of boil.

Date PurchasedDec 2016

Frank&Estelle

Frank&EstelleHunter Region, NSW

Piece of junk

Lid opens upon boiling and sometimes wont stop boiling.
The top of the kettle flexes causing the lid to pop open when lifting up
This in dangerous these should be recalled
I have always trusted Breville products until now, never again
I have contacted ACCC, product safety Australia
Their product testing and design is flawed.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Micha

MichaBrisbane

Condensation in the kettle

I bought my kettle from the Good Guys 2 days ago Sat 27/10/18 . Owned one before and loved it. However, the condensation in the new one has started right from the first boil & hasn't disappeared. Not a nice look for a brand new purchase. Any thoughts? Thank you.

Date PurchasedOct 2018
Pierre

PierreNorth Queensland, QLD

Best kettle ever.

Lasts and lasts all other kettles I have purchased leak or stop.
Easy to fill, can see water level, auto switch off.
Have had for many years and was happy with performance so bought another but has lasted so long haven't needed to use it. Great product May never as I am Seventy.

Date PurchasedAug 2012
goodgrief

goodgriefAU

Best Kettle we have ever had!

Date PurchasedSep 2014

Faulty spout?

We've had the kettle about 2 years and it works great but when it comes to pouring the water, it tends to leak down the sides of the kettle. Has been like that since the day we unpackaged it, but its more of a hazard now that we have kids using it too.

Date PurchasedMar 2016

ninkasi

ninkasiMelbourne

Great kettle with a design flaw

Date PurchasedAug 2013

Lid pops open during boiling water

Unfortunately short after the warranty expired the lid start to open while I was boiling water. Because of that the pot will not turn off. I did not try to see if it will boil all the water out and bun down but it is very dangerous. You will also burn your hand trying to close the lid. Unusable at this point. I puled out my 5 year old Oster from the close and it still works. Product not worth the money. It sounds like a recall since lots of people have the same issue.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

Terrible

Worked for two weeks until lid became fused shut somehow, after a quick Google I discovered this was very common with the model. Disappointed as this is the most expensive kettle I have ever bought. I would not recommend this kettle at all, I'm hoping on getting a full refund.

Date PurchasedJul 2018
TPA

TPAMelbourne

Lasted 4 years, good kettle

Had a good innings with this kettle - 4 years. Towards the end it became very noisy and had trouble with the lid not opening automatically so has been replaced. It needs regular descaling to remove discolouration on the heating element/base, as with all clear kettles on the market. A soak in water/vinegar and a wipe does the trick. It has a great 7 cup capacity, but be aware that it is pretty heavy to lift/pour at full capacity. Although I liked this kettle I have replaced it with a Sunbeam Maestro clear kettle this time, which is same capacity, slightly lighter, less expensive and easier to fill (with wider lid opening).

Date PurchasedJun 2014
Miffed

MiffedSouth Australia

Lid keeps opening when boiling

Bought a BKE595. Two months after purchase, the lid started opening whilst the kettle was still boiling. I took back the HN's and was given a replacement one. Have just trashed the replacement one as we had the same problem with the lid opening whilst in operation, and found this potentially dangerous. Very disappointed with Breville, and would be very reluctant to purchase the brand again. Breville obviously not interested, only interested in sales.

Date PurchasedJan 2017

KW Chan

KW ChanSydney, NSW

Cool looking transparent kettle

Looks cool and very visible. Find it useful to be visible so that I know when the boiler is dirty and needs cleaning or descaling. The on/off switch has an indicator light. There is a storage for the power cable too. Used it for a day and loved it. Hope it will last.

Date PurchasedMay 2018

Jane Wiles

Jane WilesMelbourne

Permanent condensation on inside glass

I purchased this product because we had a clear glass Breville kettle for many years and were happy with it.
This model however BKE595 has permanent condensation on the inner glass from first use the won't go away and detracts from the clear glass look.
Very disappointed with the product.
I rang Breville and they said it's 'normal' but it never happened with our previous model.
Seriously ask them to demonstrate the model that you want to purchase before buying.
Very disappointed!!!!

Date PurchasedApr 2018

Jacky

JackyBrisbane

Not cheapest, not most expensive.

We wanted a glass kettle, and this one does the job. Previously we picked up a cheaper, non-brand from Kmart, that took forever to boil. This one, obviously more expensive, boils in a much shorter time. The extra $$$ is worth it to save myself getting impatient waiting for my cuppa.

Date PurchasedJun 2017

Liang

Liang

Easy to use

This electric kettle has a large capacity and a very simple appearance. It is easy to use and easy to clean. Glass body is BPA free so is good for health. It should be noted that water must not be filled too much when boiling water.It can be very heavy when filled with water and may not be suitable for girls.

Date PurchasedMar 2018