Breville Crystal Clear BKE595

11 questions from our users

Dennis F.

Dennis F.asked

Crystal Clear BKE595

Why does the lid pop open when water has boiled

Rohan C.
Rohan C.

Ours does the same

A M G
A M G

It’s broken.
If it’s under warranty get it replaced.
Pretty common with this model

Troy A

Troy Aasked

Crystal Clear BKE595

Hi, I bought this less than a year ago and the lid doesn’t close because the handle has separated at the top. How do I fix that?

Carrie

Carrieasked

Crystal Clear BKE595

Got the Crystal clear Kettle just suddenly wouldn’t turn on, the white light not respond at all, same problem anyone?

Richard H

Richard Hasked

Crystal Clear BKE595

All kettes I have owned have automatically shut off when picked up of the base before boiling. This is a safety feature. I occasionly lift it off early because it takes a long time to turn off when it . I am sure it is a fault what should I do?

ninkasi

The switch on this kettle does not flick off when you lift it from the base. Yes, that would have been a good feature, but it doesn't have it. If you find that the kettle is taking a long time to switch off after it appears to be boiling though, make sure the lid is properly closed - if the steam is escaping then it will take much much longer, if ever, to reach full boil. I have found that it is possible that the hinge assembly may be damaged that in turn allows the lid to pop slightly open when the kettle starts to boil. short term solution is to place something heavy on the lid, but if it is still under warranty contact Breville for a warranty claim.

If the lid is fine, then also make sure the kettle is clean - ie no scale deposit on the bottom. If it is brown, then that may also cause issues - both longer boiling times as well as a noisier/more energetic boil. To clean the kettle, just cut up a lemon and boil that in the kettle then leave it stand for a few minutes. Rinse it out and then wipe the bottom with a clean cloth to remove any remaining brown marks so it nice and shiny.

John H

John Hasked

Crystal Clear BKE595

BKE595XL - lid pops open and kettle does not shut off. DANGEROUS APPLIANCE. What recourse do I have? It's been doing this for 6 months. Been scalded a couple times.

ninkasi

Check my recent review - the kettle is great but the design is such that people can damage the lid without realising it. I suspect that what has happened to yours is the hinge on the lid is broken/damaged. When the kettle starts to boil the steam forces the lid up, letting the steam out and preventing the kettle from reaching a full boil so it does not switch off. You can place something heavy on the lid to prevent it from popping open but that is a very temporary solution. If your kettle is still under warranty then contact Breville (https://www.breville.com/us/en/support/Warranty.html). Although it has an official 1 year warranty I think it is reasonable to expect a kettle to at least last a couple of years, so even if it is out of warranty officially you may still be able to claim under the consumer guarantee (https://www.accc.gov.au/consumers/consumer-rights-guarantees).

Personally, I'd stop using the kettle. You've already been scalded by it.

Carol

Carolasked

Crystal Clear BKE595

I accidentally got water on the underside of my Crystal Clear kettle. Now it is slow to boil and the auto shutoff doesn't seem to work. i have it sitting in dry rice. Any thoughts?

Chinchin
Chinchin

Ooh not too sure about that one. All I recommend is don't approach Breville, they will only try to make a buck and sell you another one. Even though their products are faulty and dangerous!! Go back to where you bought it from. Especially if the jug spirts out water causing the underneath to get wet....

Russell
Russell

How is it now after drying it out? By the way my stuck lid is opening again normally after being faulty for a month. It could have been calcium in the hinge that dislodged eventually.

motherofall

motherofallasked

Crystal Clear BKE595

I bought my kettle from the Good Guys. Based on what I saw & a family member owning one. not sure what is happening but the condensation has started right from the first boil & hasn't disappeared. My brothers unit does not do this. Any thoughts ?

Breville
BrevilleBreville

HI Motherofall - customer service can troubleshoot this with you - 1300 139 798 - or if you have the receipt please return to place of purchase. Thanks, the Breville team

Sharon
Sharon

I have the exact same problem, did it ever get resolved?

Khathyasked

Crystal Clear BKE595

Hi everyone, I bought my kettle recently, I have noticed that the condensation of water stays inside the glass kettle and it looks ugly is anyone has the same issue and is there s solution?

D.K.
D.K.

Hi, I found the same, however it appears to be scale as opposed to condensation. Apparently one has to descale the kettle often. I personally, am very unhappy with this kettle. It is too heavy ( which I know, is my problem) but I feel it is a design fault, it pours badly as the spout is too short and not sharp enough. On mine the inside base also goes an awful brown colour where the element sits underneath, very unsightly and unhealthy looking, even descaling does not remove it.
All in all I think this is badly designed kettle. I complained to Breville, perhaps every-one should do the same. Breville has lost a customer in me, I will NOT buy their products again.

honestopinion
honestopinion

Mine does this. I've never been concerned with the look of it though. Gently swish the water around the jug once the water has cooled a bit. Also, mine had a gradual build up of light brown scale over the element too but i used kettle cleaner and wiped inside with a cloth to loosen it and it is sparkling like brand new. i do use flitered tap water though so maybe thats kept it from being really badly stained.

Khathy

I am unhappy as well and I will not recommend it to anyone.

Blueburner

Blueburnerasked

Crystal Clear BKE595

Has anyone else had their kettle auto-switch off before it has boiled? This seems to be an intermittent issue. Kettle is about 2.5 yrs old.

bomb3rman
bomb3rman

Hi There, Yes we have the same issue with ours. Around 2.5 yrs old as well... Did you manage to contact Breville about it?

terri777asked

Crystal Clear BKE595

Does the glass gradually get dirty from water contaminants?

Zoidie
Zoidie

Hi there, I have had no issues with the glass getting cloudy or anything like that.

Ross
Ross

I haven't noticed the glass getting dirty, but the base of the kettle (the stainless steel area inside) does get dirty from water contaminants.

terri777

Thanks both. It was mainly the appearance that I was concerned about, so if it stays looking good that's fine. We use filtered water so that may help with the inner contaminants.

Peter De Blanc

Peter De Blancasked

Crystal Clear BKE595

We have had one of these kettle for about 3 months and now the lid keeps opening itself when it starts to boil. Has anyone else experienced this? does anyone have any tips to get around this issue?

Khushee
Khushee

I personally have not had that issue but it seems something is wrong because the lid shouldn't open when it's operating. It must still be under warranty, so why don't you contact Breville? They might repair it or replace it with a new kettle.

terri777

Mine failed today when the lid refused to stay shut, so when boiling there is no auto cut-off. Breville said to return it to retailer for an exchange, but online retailer said they no longer carry it so will give me a refund instead, after collection.
Lasted 6 months, and was just starting to tarnish. Glad I kept the old Breville!

See all Breville Crystal Clear questions

Get an answer from our members and Breville representatives