2Breville Crystal Clear BKE595

Breville Crystal Clear BKE595 Questions & Answers

VerifiedMPNs:BKE595, BKE595CLR and BKE595XL
spanner1947
spanner1947 · Crystal Clear BKE595

can i eliminate condensation in my kettle

Susan · Crystal Clear BKE595

I have the older style Breville Crystal Clear BKE595
Like this one -----> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugYVGqAkwnc
Over the past month on an intermittent basis (but getting worse) my lid will either pop open as it's coming to the boil (leaving a potential for it to boil dry) or it will pop open after it's boiled.
I love this kettle, the newer model has so many bad reviews, I'm reluctant to purchase it.

anna 2016
anna 2016

Don't waste your money. It for some reason leaks water. Go to kmart and get their kettle for $39 It is the Euro kettle and comes in green, cm and black. My sister has had one for years. I do find tho that if you over fill it, that is past the max fill mark you will get some water on the base plate. I would still get another one. Kmart have some fabulous stuff.

Susan

Thank you @anna 2016, you have my mind up not to go with another Breville, however I do prefer the glass look. So now I'm tossing up between the Sunbeam Classics Glass Kettle - Black, Russell Hobbs Brooklyn Glass Kettle, Black, RHK172BCH and Russell Hobbs RHK172, Brooklyn Kettle, Blue Light Illumination, Swivel Base, Glass. None of which have reviews on them. Ugh decisions decisions!!

kylie M.
kylie M.

Hello Susan, i have the same problem with my crystal clear lid popping open.
What did you end ip buying? Are you happy with it. Thank you Kylie x

Susan

I ended up going a Sunbeam Maestro (glass), and no I don't like it all that much, after the kettle has boiled the inside condensation turns the glass opaque, my old Breville never did it all.
*The struggle is real*

Graeme Blanch
Graeme Blanch · Crystal Clear BKE595

Our kettle is over 2 years old but now the plastic hinge connection has a small fracture on one side, which means the button to raise the lid does not work. I’ve unsuccessfully tried a little superglue on the fracture site.
Should I claim under warranty even though the initial 12 months has long gone?

Derek J
Derek J

Give breville a call. They offered me a replacement kettle which was fantastic. Good service

Victor C.
Victor C. · Crystal Clear BKE595

The kettle worked perfectly well for two years. Now it does not start. Checked electric connections. No problem in them. Coil is ok. It looks like the auto shut off switch is jammed. Is it possible to fix it?

C.Liu
C.Liu

Hi Victor. Sorry can't really help you with this one. But i think you should just replace this kettle anyway just for your peace of mind. All the best!

Paul
Paul · Crystal Clear BKE595

My lid keeps opening once it gets hot from the steam. Over 1.5 yrs old Does not do it all the time but more often than not. Any fixes for this issue.

Wendy

This is our 2nd Breville kettle with the same problem. The lid pops open every time we turn it on. It drives me nuts and I've had no response from the company which makes me really sad as I love the 1800 W - it boils so fast and is the only one like it I can find in Canada. And it's EXPENSIVE!!

Use
Use

I agree. The kettle is rather expensive but obviously, price doesnt equal quality.
Very disappointing that a product, designed specifically to boil water, cant cope with steam.
I know a couple others with the same issue. Mine just wont shut off, its dangerous and i have a heavy mug on the lid to keep it closed.
Obviously a faulty part - and they say is user damage!!
Never again.

mnm
mnm · Crystal Clear BKE595

My BKE595XL lid opens very slowly now after some years of use. Sometimes it only opens halfway. I've tried to see of there is anything on the gear and cleaned it with a toothpick, nothing there. There is no chemical buildup anywhere on the kettle. Is the something I can do to free up the mechanism in the lid?

Dennis F.
Dennis F. · Crystal Clear BKE595

Why does the lid pop open when water has boiled

Rohan C.
Rohan C.

Ours does the same

A M G
A M G

It’s broken.
If it’s under warranty get it replaced.
Pretty common with this model

Wendy

We've had the same problem with two Breville kettles

Troy A
Troy A · Crystal Clear BKE595

Hi, I bought this less than a year ago and the lid doesn’t close because the handle has separated at the top. How do I fix that?

michelm
michelm

less than a year ago. it's under Waranty.

Carrie
Carrie · Crystal Clear BKE595

Got the Crystal clear Kettle just suddenly wouldn’t turn on, the white light not respond at all, same problem anyone?

Richard H
Richard H · Crystal Clear BKE595

All kettes I have owned have automatically shut off when picked up of the base before boiling. This is a safety feature. I occasionly lift it off early because it takes a long time to turn off when it . I am sure it is a fault what should I do?

ninkasi

The switch on this kettle does not flick off when you lift it from the base. Yes, that would have been a good feature, but it doesn't have it. If you find that the kettle is taking a long time to switch off after it appears to be boiling though, make sure the lid is properly closed - if the steam is escaping then it will take much much longer, if ever, to reach full boil. I have found that it is possible that the hinge assembly may be damaged that in turn allows the lid to pop slightly open when the kettle starts to boil. short term solution is to place something heavy on the lid, but if it is still under warranty contact Breville for a warranty claim.

If the lid is fine, then also make sure the kettle is clean - ie no scale deposit on the bottom. If it is brown, then that may also cause issues - both longer boiling times as well as a noisier/more energetic boil. To clean the kettle, just cut up a lemon and boil that in the kettle then leave it stand for a few minutes. Rinse it out and then wipe the bottom with a clean cloth to remove any remaining brown marks so it nice and shiny.

John H
John H · Crystal Clear BKE595

BKE595XL - lid pops open and kettle does not shut off. DANGEROUS APPLIANCE. What recourse do I have? It's been doing this for 6 months. Been scalded a couple times.

ninkasi

Check my recent review - the kettle is great but the design is such that people can damage the lid without realising it. I suspect that what has happened to yours is the hinge on the lid is broken/damaged. When the kettle starts to boil the steam forces the lid up, letting the steam out and preventing the kettle from reaching a full boil so it does not switch off. You can place something heavy on the lid to prevent it from popping open but that is a very temporary solution. If your kettle is still under warranty then contact Breville (https://www.breville.com/us/en/support/Warranty.html). Although it has an official 1 year warranty I think it is reasonable to expect a kettle to at least last a couple of years, so even if it is out of warranty officially you may still be able to claim under the consumer guarantee (https://www.accc.gov.au/consumers/consumer-rights-guarantees).

Personally, I'd stop using the kettle. You've already been scalded by it.

Carol
Carol · Crystal Clear BKE595

I accidentally got water on the underside of my Crystal Clear kettle. Now it is slow to boil and the auto shutoff doesn't seem to work. i have it sitting in dry rice. Any thoughts?

Chinchin
Chinchin

Ooh not too sure about that one. All I recommend is don't approach Breville, they will only try to make a buck and sell you another one. Even though their products are faulty and dangerous!! Go back to where you bought it from. Especially if the jug spirts out water causing the underneath to get wet....

Russell
Russell

How is it now after drying it out? By the way my stuck lid is opening again normally after being faulty for a month. It could have been calcium in the hinge that dislodged eventually.

motherofall
motherofall · Crystal Clear BKE595

I bought my kettle from the Good Guys. Based on what I saw & a family member owning one. not sure what is happening but the condensation has started right from the first boil & hasn't disappeared. My brothers unit does not do this. Any thoughts ?

Breville
Breville   DM

HI Motherofall - customer service can troubleshoot this with you - 1300 139 798 - or if you have the receipt please return to place of purchase. Thanks, the Breville team

Sharon
Sharon

I have the exact same problem, did it ever get resolved?

Khathy · Crystal Clear BKE595

Hi everyone, I bought my kettle recently, I have noticed that the condensation of water stays inside the glass kettle and it looks ugly is anyone has the same issue and is there s solution?

D.K.
D.K.

Hi, I found the same, however it appears to be scale as opposed to condensation. Apparently one has to descale the kettle often. I personally, am very unhappy with this kettle. It is too heavy ( which I know, is my problem) but I feel it is a design fault, it pours badly as the spout is too short and not sharp enough. On mine the inside base also goes an awful brown colour where the element sits underneath, very unsightly and unhealthy looking, even descaling does not remove it.

All in all I think this is badly designed kettle. I complained to Breville, perhaps every-one should do the same. Breville has lost a customer in me, I will NOT buy their products again.

honestopinion
honestopinion

Mine does this. I've never been concerned with the look of it though. Gently swish the water around the jug once the water has cooled a bit. Also, mine had a gradual build up of light brown scale over the element too but i used kettle cleaner and wiped inside with a cloth to loosen it and it is sparkling like brand new. i do use flitered tap water though so maybe thats kept it from being really badly stained.

Khathy

I am unhappy as well and I will not recommend it to anyone.

Jon B.

Couple of table spoons of citric acid in jug boil and let sit for 15 mins then rinse and put clean water good to go shiny new insides

Jon B.

Citric acid from your local super market McKenzie’s

Blueburner
Blueburner · Crystal Clear BKE595

Has anyone else had their kettle auto-switch off before it has boiled? This seems to be an intermittent issue. Kettle is about 2.5 yrs old.

bomb3rman
bomb3rman

Hi There, Yes we have the same issue with ours. Around 2.5 yrs old as well... Did you manage to contact Breville about it?

terri777 · Crystal Clear BKE595

Does the glass gradually get dirty from water contaminants?

Bee C
Bee C

Hi there, I have had no issues with the glass getting cloudy or anything like that.

Ross
Ross

I haven't noticed the glass getting dirty, but the base of the kettle (the stainless steel area inside) does get dirty from water contaminants.

terri777

Thanks both. It was mainly the appearance that I was concerned about, so if it stays looking good that's fine. We use filtered water so that may help with the inner contaminants.

Breville
Breville   DM

Hi Terri777, the glass should stay clean, however, if you do notice any scale build-up inside the kettle, you can correct this simply with kettle cleaner. If needed, you can purchase from our website: external link  ~TD

Jennome
Jennome

The best way to clean inside a glass kettle is to boil a jug full, then tip about a dessertspoon or so of Citric Acid into it. It cleans both the base, which tends to blacken after a while, and the glass sides. Leave until the black on the base is gone, and rinse out. Citric Acid is readily available at supermarkets, and won't harm you at all. Miles cheaper than special kettle cleaners !

Jon B.

Citric acid will clean the stainless discolouration boil 2 tbs in full jug of water then let stand for 15 minutes then rinse & your clean and happy

Peter De Blanc
Peter De Blanc · Crystal Clear BKE595

We have had one of these kettle for about 3 months and now the lid keeps opening itself when it starts to boil. Has anyone else experienced this? does anyone have any tips to get around this issue?

Khushee
Khushee

I personally have not had that issue but it seems something is wrong because the lid shouldn't open when it's operating. It must still be under warranty, so why don't you contact Breville? They might repair it or replace it with a new kettle.

terri777

Mine failed today when the lid refused to stay shut, so when boiling there is no auto cut-off. Breville said to return it to retailer for an exchange, but online retailer said they no longer carry it so will give me a refund instead, after collection.

Lasted 6 months, and was just starting to tarnish. Glad I kept the old Breville!

Get an answer from our members and Breville representatives

Select a listing for your question
Breville Crystal Clear BKE595