Breville Crystal Clear BKE595

Breville Crystal Clear BKE595 (page 2 of 4)

MPNs: BKE595 and BKE595CLR

2.9

Tony

TonyGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Nice looking kettle, but broke down within a year, poor quality

It was a nice looking kettle, and I have used it for a couple months, but I did realise that quality was a bit poor, especially around the seal with the lid, sometimes, it deforms so much so that the lid cannot be closed.

And after 8 or so months, it failed, stopped powering on, which I then brought back to Harvey Normal Melbourne QV, and they happily refunded it and I replaced with another model one, much better choice I had to say.

Date PurchasedAug 2015
consumer007

consumer007Sydney

Great looking Kettle. Nice addition to our home

Excellent looking Kettle. Nice to watch it boil and fancy look to it. Looks great. Boils water. What else could you want? I've heard you need to clean these with vinegar but haven't had any issues so far. Looks great if you have a nice kitchen i suppose. Does what any kettle does.

Date PurchasedJan 2018
Neil

NeilPerth, WA

Looks good ... that's where it ends.

Date PurchasedApr 2016

ChrisPerth

Disgusting service from Breville

Bought new BKE595 for Christmas present to house. Used 3 times then glass cracked and kettle leaked. Phoned through to Breville Australia to ask about 12 month replacement guarantee, was told Breville don't cover the glass so basically not interested in listening further. So that's it a GLASS kettle that is not covered by Breville guarantee or warranty. I would not recommend any Breville product after this experience.

Date PurchasedDec 2017
Breville
BrevilleBreville

Hi Chris, although we don't manufacture a replacement glass carafe that certainly does not mean there are no options. We should have taken care of this without hesitation and I'd like to do just that, will be sending a direct message shortly.

MB_PR

MB_PRAU

Looks nice, but functionally not great

This kettle (BK595) looks really good, but the heating element causes the bottom plate to scale up quickly and this looks unsightly. The boil sensor must be poorly placed as sometimes it boils for 30-90 seconds before it switches off. Now, after a little over 2 years, the lid opener has broken internally, so it can't be opened now - and the screws holding it together can only be accessed when the lid is open, so it's non-repairable.
So, while I liked the idea of a glass kettle, rather than plastic which flakes after time, getting only 2 years out of this is very disappointing - though probably all that can be expected these days.

Date PurchasedSep 2015

Boiling doesn't always shut off

As others have said, this can have issues and keep boiling and not shut off. I've stopped using the product due to my predicted disaster of someone getting burnt or this appliance boiling dry. I'm surprised, given the other reviews a recall hasn't been initiated. Stay well clear of this.

Date PurchasedOct 2015
Leigh

LeighGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

A cup of chlorine to go please..

Date PurchasedDec 2016
Rachel Z

Rachel ZAU

good quality

bought this kettle as the lid of our last kettle fell off after less than 1yr use,love the soft open lid of this one,and the design looks good too,however there's water mark down the bottom after use it a few times but i think it's the common problem of all kettles,just need descaling regularly

Date PurchasedAug 2017
ShoppersChoice

ShoppersChoice

Love it

Love the fact that I can see inside for any FBs but never been a problem. And looks awesome while boiling. I sometimes want to add water and the lid will not open when its hot. Must be a safety function but I can add water through the spout. Great XMas gift,

Date PurchasedDec 2015

nic

nic

I returned it.

The lid pops open at random times during boils cycle. The glass is nice but unless you can ensure stains don't build up on base plate you will get a beautiful view of stained metal. It is quite expensive compared with other similar glass kettles which don't have a track record of problems like this model. I think under consumer law Breville should have stopped selling these until the issue is fixed, it is not dangerous but there is clear trend of faults in this line.

Date PurchasedAug 2017
Sam

SamLaunceston, TAS

Not entirely convinced.

I bought this kettle about 2 months ago. It boils quite quickly and quietly, and is and attractive addition to my kitchen bench.

However, there are a few shortcomings with this model. The auto-off switch doesn't cut out when the kettle is remove from the base (meaning the kettle will resume boiling once re-docked). The single-walled glass and stainless steel body can get very hot to touch when in use, and are a magnet for airborne grime and fingerprints.

Unfortunately, I have had a couple of incidents of the flip lid popping open by itself when in use that others have reported on here. When this happens, the kettle auto-off doesn't work, and the kettle could potentially boil dry if unsupervised.

Date PurchasedJun 2017

Lid opens while in process of boiling water

Only have kettle Breville Bke595 about four weeks and already problems with lid popping up while kettle is heating up the water. Boiling process takes longer because of it- No good.
Good looking kettle- like the fact you can see the water boiling.
Wish I had read comments on product review before my purchase!

Fong

FongPerth, WA

Quick but loud

It's nice and does boil the water really quick. It's probably because of that, it is really loud, which is the annoying part. The slow opening is nice, but I felt that the water would spill if it is filled to the max. I always try to avoid filling it to the max.

Nutcracka

NutcrackaHeyfield

Lid keeps opening while boiling

Very nice kettle to look at but after about 1 month of use the lid opens every time when it starts boiling. Going by the number of comments on here about this issue I would have thought that Breville may have issued a notice about it and offered refunds. It takes an average amount of time to boil water so that's not a real issue but that lid needs to be fixed otherwise I really would not recommend this product.

Date PurchasedApr 2017

Disappointed

I bought this kettle yesterday. Was very excited to get it because of the reviews and we have other Brebelle appliances. The kettle steams up inside and does not get clear after boiling. Does not look attractive. Any suggestions on how to prevent the steam from accumulating? I would really like to keep it however if there is no solution, I'll return it.

DGD

DGDBrisbane

Pain in the backside

I do like this kettle, but it is very slow to boil sometimes and and absolute pain to keep cleaning. I would still get it again as I had a shock with finding a dead cockroach in my friends kettle (ew!) and now cant use anything I dont see. I just wish it boiled a bit faster.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017
Nicole

NicolePerth

This is a great product . It looks attractive and boils quickly and efficiently. It has a large capacity and is easy to use. We have read reviews saying that sometimes the handle separates from the jug but we have seen no sign of that yet. We would recommend it.

Date PurchasedApr 2017

PriSydney, NSW

Handle Came off & lid won't close

Date PurchasedFeb 2016
Jono

JonoSydney, NSW

Beautiful design, terrible quality

We bought this lovely looking kettle and after 3 months lid would not stay closed to to handle pulling away from jug. Meyer replaced, but now we have the same issue. I glued the handle back but the lightweight plastic of the lid mechanism is cracked and so the lid won't stay closed. Shame as the rest of the (functionally useless) kettle is great.

Date PurchasedNov 2015
Jess

JessMelbourne

Disappointed

Purchased this less than 6 months ago and the lid won't close properly. It first started popping open by itself when it had boiled, making me think I hadn't closed it. Then it started opening while I was pouring the water into my teapot, nearly burning my hand with the steam. Now it doesn't shut at all. Unfortunately we threw the receipt away just prior to Christmas. Would love a refund or just a better model...

Date PurchasedSep 2016
See all Breville Crystal Clear reviews

Victor C.

Victor C.asked

Crystal Clear BKE595

The kettle worked perfectly well for two years. Now it does not start. Checked electric connections. No problem in them. Coil is ok. It looks like the auto shut off switch is jammed. Is it possible to fix it?

C.Liu
C.Liu

Hi Victor. Sorry can't really help you with this one. But i think you should just replace this kettle anyway just for your peace of mind. All the best!

Paul

Paulasked

Crystal Clear BKE595

My lid keeps opening once it gets hot from the steam. Over 1.5 yrs old Does not do it all the time but more often than not. Any fixes for this issue.

Wendy
Wendy

This is our 2nd Breville kettle with the same problem. The lid pops open every time we turn it on. It drives me nuts and I've had no response from the company which makes me really sad as I love the 1800 W - it boils so fast and is the only one like it I can find in Canada. And it's EXPENSIVE!!

mnm

mnmasked

Crystal Clear BKE595

My BKE595XL lid opens very slowly now after some years of use. Sometimes it only opens halfway. I've tried to see of there is anything on the gear and cleaned it with a toothpick, nothing there. There is no chemical buildup anywhere on the kettle. Is the something I can do to free up the mechanism in the lid?

Get an answer from our members and Breville representatives