5Breville Crystal Clear

Breville Crystal Clear Questions & Answers

Breboo
Breboo · Crystal Clear

Is the condensation normal? It’s not a good look, only purchased today and not happy. Breville crystal clear.

Rabbit
Rabbit · the Crystal Clear BKE750

Is it normal for the inside glass to have condensation?
We had a different model Breville glass kettle before and it didn't get the condensation
Rab

spanner1947
spanner1947 · Crystal Clear BKE595

can i eliminate condensation in my kettle

Kath
Kath · Crystal Clear

Hi, Just wondering if the plastic on the lid is BPA free? Or if that just applies to the glass which obviously doesn't contain BPA.
Thanks,
Kath

Susan · Crystal Clear BKE595

I have the older style Breville Crystal Clear BKE595
Like this one -----> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugYVGqAkwnc
Over the past month on an intermittent basis (but getting worse) my lid will either pop open as it's coming to the boil (leaving a potential for it to boil dry) or it will pop open after it's boiled.
I love this kettle, the newer model has so many bad reviews, I'm reluctant to purchase it.

anna 2016
anna 2016

Don't waste your money. It for some reason leaks water. Go to kmart and get their kettle for $39 It is the Euro kettle and comes in green, cm and black. My sister has had one for years. I do find tho that if you over fill it, that is past the max fill mark you will get some water on the base plate. I would still get another one. Kmart have some fabulous stuff.

Susan

Thank you @anna 2016, you have my mind up not to go with another Breville, however I do prefer the glass look. So now I'm tossing up between the Sunbeam Classics Glass Kettle - Black, Russell Hobbs Brooklyn Glass Kettle, Black, RHK172BCH and Russell Hobbs RHK172, Brooklyn Kettle, Blue Light Illumination, Swivel Base, Glass. None of which have reviews on them. Ugh decisions decisions!!

kylie M.
kylie M.

Hello Susan, i have the same problem with my crystal clear lid popping open.
What did you end ip buying? Are you happy with it. Thank you Kylie x

Susan

I ended up going a Sunbeam Maestro (glass), and no I don't like it all that much, after the kettle has boiled the inside condensation turns the glass opaque, my old Breville never did it all.
*The struggle is real*

Dennis K.
Dennis K. · Crystal Clear BKE290

My Breville lid comes off when I am pouring hot water from the kettle. I have been scalded more than once. What should I do rather than the obvious (change my brand)?

Graeme Blanch
Graeme Blanch · Crystal Clear BKE595

Our kettle is over 2 years old but now the plastic hinge connection has a small fracture on one side, which means the button to raise the lid does not work. I’ve unsuccessfully tried a little superglue on the fracture site.
Should I claim under warranty even though the initial 12 months has long gone?

Derek J
Derek J

Give breville a call. They offered me a replacement kettle which was fantastic. Good service

Lloyd
Lloyd  · Crystal Clear

What can be done to adjust the pop up lid so it stays closed until switch off mine needs a weight on it otherwise its always open and hence wont switch off.
Lloyd Kelmscott WA

Victor C.
Victor C. · Crystal Clear BKE595

The kettle worked perfectly well for two years. Now it does not start. Checked electric connections. No problem in them. Coil is ok. It looks like the auto shut off switch is jammed. Is it possible to fix it?

C.Liu
C.Liu

Hi Victor. Sorry can't really help you with this one. But i think you should just replace this kettle anyway just for your peace of mind. All the best!

Paul
Paul · Crystal Clear BKE595

My lid keeps opening once it gets hot from the steam. Over 1.5 yrs old Does not do it all the time but more often than not. Any fixes for this issue.

Wendy

This is our 2nd Breville kettle with the same problem. The lid pops open every time we turn it on. It drives me nuts and I've had no response from the company which makes me really sad as I love the 1800 W - it boils so fast and is the only one like it I can find in Canada. And it's EXPENSIVE!!

Use
Use

I agree. The kettle is rather expensive but obviously, price doesnt equal quality.
Very disappointing that a product, designed specifically to boil water, cant cope with steam.
I know a couple others with the same issue. Mine just wont shut off, its dangerous and i have a heavy mug on the lid to keep it closed.
Obviously a faulty part - and they say is user damage!!
Never again.

karen · Crystal Clear

my breville electric kettle is leaking at the base why?

Teles
Teles

I read your review and others before buying this kettle. It made me seriously doubt this was a good product. However, it is good and I have no leaks. I felt compelled to post my review because reviews like yours give the product a bad reputation. Your experieince is not my experience. I don't want anyone to not buy this product because of the bad reviews.

karen

I am not complaining , I simply am asking for help as to how can I solve the problem there is no need to blame me .

karen

By the way my kettle is four year old

Hi Karen.

I think you've done well to get 4 years out of it. I guess you'll have to buy a new one.
I didn't even get 24 hours before mine started leaking, and the place I bought it from told me that they had many returns.

If you are looking to replace it, I replaced my Breville with a Bellini 1.7L Glass Kettle (BGK19) for $39.00 at Target. I love it.

Tash
Tash

Mine does the same. Cannot find a crack.

Ms Kitchenaid
Ms Kitchenaid

Teles the Breville shill...

On mine the lid pops open when the water reaches boiling point. Somewhat dangerous. Your experience is not my experience. This kettle sucks. Stay away people.

mnm
mnm · Crystal Clear BKE595

My BKE595XL lid opens very slowly now after some years of use. Sometimes it only opens halfway. I've tried to see of there is anything on the gear and cleaned it with a toothpick, nothing there. There is no chemical buildup anywhere on the kettle. Is the something I can do to free up the mechanism in the lid?

Sam M
Sam M · Crystal Clear

Where is the filter in this model?? Bought it today and Salesperson didn’t know either. Just has the large stainless steel holes not the net filter?!

Emmie

I replaced it with a Sunbeam after the problem I had.
But think the filter is in the spout.

Dypsis

After all these reports of leaks, they are still selling this flawed product. In my opinion, it is dangerous and should be withdrawn from sale.

JanM
JanM · the Crystal Clear BKE750

my Breville Crystal clear BKE750 leaks into the base with the electric cord. Am i at risk of electrocution? Is it the jug leaking or condensation in the base as hot air hits cold outer metal? Should i take it back?Only a month old.

Emmie

I cant answer that But Water and electricity are a very bad combination.
Take the kettle back to where you bought it hope you keep your proof of purchase or can show on a credit card transaction.

Yvonne Y · Crystal Clear

How do I fix the lid on my Crystal Clear kettle - it will not shut down. Also the button for opening the lid does not work and I suspect that the two problems are connected.

Emmie

Contact Breville they will replace it, after my replacement on the replacement I decided to change to A Sunbeam. Seems Breville might have issues.
I contacted them via Messeges on line, they were great.

Thank you.

Wendy · Crystal Clear

what kind of materials made of this Breville crystal kettle? the black material around inside and outside is it safe to use it?

Ken B
Ken B

I believe so, however we have subsequently 'cleaned' it by boiling with a very concentrated solution (1:4) of carb soda and water. Boiled it vigorously for some time and the sediment lifted straight off. The water became quite blue. Left it to cool and cleaned it out three times with clear water.... good as new. However, almost needs doing again after a month. Sydney water?

Anna
Anna · Crystal Clear

How can I stop the condensation on the glass

Bas4 · Crystal Clear

I purchased a Breville BKE840 Kettle (glass) and it leaked through the base after only 3 days. Got a replacement and it leased also. Now on my 3rd one and it has started to leak also after 3 days. Is Breville going to change the design of the glass kettles to something that doesn’t leak? Because you have glass sitting on a metal element separated by a rubber grommet, it’s always going to leak. Different expansion contraction properties. It really is a very poor design and is damaging your brand reputation

Eilis W.
Eilis W.

Yes agree. I have had the same problem. Bought one which leaked and replacement does the same. Safety issue needs to be rectified. Will go and ask for refund on 2nd one.

Dennis F.
Dennis F. · Crystal Clear BKE595

Why does the lid pop open when water has boiled

Rohan C.
Rohan C.

Ours does the same

A M G
A M G

It’s broken.
If it’s under warranty get it replaced.
Pretty common with this model

Wendy

We've had the same problem with two Breville kettles

katiep · Crystal Clear

Our Kettle is randomly switching on at least at the base. Without touching it! The temp lights randomly switch from tea to boil and when you use the kettle the on off switch goes back to standby frequently. Concerned it can cause an electrical issue. Is this common? We only use the kettle occasionally so it should be over use

Bas4

My Breville BKE840 glass kettle (3rd one - all leak water) was doing something similar. Pick up the base, and give it a shake and see if water comes out. Our lights were coming on randomly as well and discovered the base was full of water. The electricity could be tracking through the water and causing problems with the electrics.

katiep

Thanks. We already checked and no water was coming out. My brother has the same model and his started doing the same thing

Get an answer from our members and Breville representatives

Select a listing for your question
Breville Crystal Clear