Breville Crystal Clear

Breville Crystal Clear (page 2 of 6)

BKE595, BKE750, BKE480, BKE290

Date PurchasedDec 2016
Frank&Estelle

Frank&EstelleHunter Region, NSW

Piece of junk

Lid opens upon boiling and sometimes wont stop boiling.
The top of the kettle flexes causing the lid to pop open when lifting up
This in dangerous these should be recalled
I have always trusted Breville products until now, never again
I have contacted ACCC, product safety Australia
Their product testing and design is flawed.

Date PurchasedDec 2017
Micha

MichaBrisbane

Condensation in the kettle

I bought my kettle from the Good Guys 2 days ago Sat 27/10/18 . Owned one before and loved it. However, the condensation in the new one has started right from the first boil & hasn't disappeared. Not a nice look for a brand new purchase. Any thoughts? Thank you.

Date PurchasedOct 2018

Pierre

PierreNorth Queensland, QLD

Best kettle ever.

Lasts and lasts all other kettles I have purchased leak or stop.
Easy to fill, can see water level, auto switch off.
Have had for many years and was happy with performance so bought another but has lasted so long haven't needed to use it. Great product May never as I am Seventy.

Date PurchasedAug 2012
goodgrief

goodgriefAU

Best Kettle we have ever had!

Date PurchasedSep 2014

Faulty spout?

We've had the kettle about 2 years and it works great but when it comes to pouring the water, it tends to leak down the sides of the kettle. Has been like that since the day we unpackaged it, but its more of a hazard now that we have kids using it too.

Date PurchasedMar 2016
Review Queen

Review QueenSydney

Awesome kettle BKE480BKS. Love that it's clear!

Date PurchasedSep 2017
ninkasi

ninkasiMelbourne

Great kettle with a design flaw

Date PurchasedAug 2013

Lid pops open during boiling water

Unfortunately short after the warranty expired the lid start to open while I was boiling water. Because of that the pot will not turn off. I did not try to see if it will boil all the water out and bun down but it is very dangerous. You will also burn your hand trying to close the lid. Unusable at this point. I puled out my 5 year old Oster from the close and it still works. Product not worth the money. It sounds like a recall since lots of people have the same issue.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

Terrible

Worked for two weeks until lid became fused shut somehow, after a quick Google I discovered this was very common with the model. Disappointed as this is the most expensive kettle I have ever bought. I would not recommend this kettle at all, I'm hoping on getting a full refund.

Date PurchasedJul 2018
TPA

TPAMelbourne

Lasted 4 years, good kettle

Had a good innings with this kettle - 4 years. Towards the end it became very noisy and had trouble with the lid not opening automatically so has been replaced. It needs regular descaling to remove discolouration on the heating element/base, as with all clear kettles on the market. A soak in water/vinegar and a wipe does the trick. It has a great 7 cup capacity, but be aware that it is pretty heavy to lift/pour at full capacity. Although I liked this kettle I have replaced it with a Sunbeam Maestro clear kettle this time, which is same capacity, slightly lighter, less expensive and easier to fill (with wider lid opening).

Date PurchasedJun 2014
Miffed

MiffedSouth Australia

Lid keeps opening when boiling

Bought a BKE595. Two months after purchase, the lid started opening whilst the kettle was still boiling. I took back the HN's and was given a replacement one. Have just trashed the replacement one as we had the same problem with the lid opening whilst in operation, and found this potentially dangerous. Very disappointed with Breville, and would be very reluctant to purchase the brand again. Breville obviously not interested, only interested in sales.

Date PurchasedJan 2017
KW Chan

KW ChanSydney, NSW

Cool looking transparent kettle

Looks cool and very visible. Find it useful to be visible so that I know when the boiler is dirty and needs cleaning or descaling. The on/off switch has an indicator light. There is a storage for the power cable too. Used it for a day and loved it. Hope it will last.

Date PurchasedMay 2018
Jane Wiles

Jane WilesMelbourne

Permanent condensation on inside glass

I purchased this product because we had a clear glass Breville kettle for many years and were happy with it.
This model however BKE595 has permanent condensation on the inner glass from first use the won't go away and detracts from the clear glass look.
Very disappointed with the product.
I rang Breville and they said it's 'normal' but it never happened with our previous model.
Seriously ask them to demonstrate the model that you want to purchase before buying.
Very disappointed!!!!

Date PurchasedApr 2018
Jacky

JackyBrisbane

Not cheapest, not most expensive.

We wanted a glass kettle, and this one does the job. Previously we picked up a cheaper, non-brand from Kmart, that took forever to boil. This one, obviously more expensive, boils in a much shorter time. The extra $$$ is worth it to save myself getting impatient waiting for my cuppa.

Date PurchasedJun 2017

Liang

Liang

Easy to use

This electric kettle has a large capacity and a very simple appearance. It is easy to use and easy to clean. Glass body is BPA free so is good for health. It should be noted that water must not be filled too much when boiling water.It can be very heavy when filled with water and may not be suitable for girls.

Date PurchasedMar 2018
Tony

TonyGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Nice looking kettle, but broke down within a year, poor quality

It was a nice looking kettle, and I have used it for a couple months, but I did realise that quality was a bit poor, especially around the seal with the lid, sometimes, it deforms so much so that the lid cannot be closed.

And after 8 or so months, it failed, stopped powering on, which I then brought back to Harvey Normal Melbourne QV, and they happily refunded it and I replaced with another model one, much better choice I had to say.

Date PurchasedAug 2015
consumer007

consumer007Sydney

Great looking Kettle. Nice addition to our home

Excellent looking Kettle. Nice to watch it boil and fancy look to it. Looks great. Boils water. What else could you want? I've heard you need to clean these with vinegar but haven't had any issues so far. Looks great if you have a nice kitchen i suppose. Does what any kettle does.

Date PurchasedJan 2018
Neil

NeilPerth, WA

Looks good ... that's where it ends.

Date PurchasedApr 2016

ChrisPerth

Disgusting service from Breville

Bought new BKE595 for Christmas present to house. Used 3 times then glass cracked and kettle leaked. Phoned through to Breville Australia to ask about 12 month replacement guarantee, was told Breville don't cover the glass so basically not interested in listening further. So that's it a GLASS kettle that is not covered by Breville guarantee or warranty. I would not recommend any Breville product after this experience.

Date PurchasedDec 2017
Breville
BrevilleBreville

Hi Chris, although we don't manufacture a replacement glass carafe that certainly does not mean there are no options. We should have taken care of this without hesitation and I'd like to do just that, will be sending a direct message shortly.

See all Breville Crystal Clear reviews

Paul

Paulasked

Crystal Clear BKE595

My lid keeps opening once it gets hot from the steam. Over 1.5 yrs old Does not do it all the time but more often than not. Any fixes for this issue.

karenasked

Crystal Clear

my breville electric kettle is leaking at the base why?

Teles
Teles

I read your review and others before buying this kettle. It made me seriously doubt this was a good product. However, it is good and I have no leaks. I felt compelled to post my review because reviews like yours give the product a bad reputation. Your experieince is not my experience. I don't want anyone to not buy this product because of the bad reviews.

karen

I am not complaining , I simply am asking for help as to how can I solve the problem there is no need to blame me .

karen

By the way my kettle is four year old

mnm

mnmasked

Crystal Clear BKE595

My BKE595XL lid opens very slowly now after some years of use. Sometimes it only opens halfway. I've tried to see of there is anything on the gear and cleaned it with a toothpick, nothing there. There is no chemical buildup anywhere on the kettle. Is the something I can do to free up the mechanism in the lid?

Get an answer from our members and Breville representatives