Breville The Smart Kettle BKE825BKS
Part of Breville The Smart Kettle  2.2 (156)

Breville The Smart Kettle BKE825BKS

VerifiedMPN:BKE825BKS
2.5

21 reviews · Statistics

29%14%57%

Noise Level
See the Best Kettles in 2024 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Breville The Smart Kettle › BKE825BKS21 reviews
Tim S.
Tim S.VICGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC11 posts

expensive and short lived

Only had this for about 2 years and now you press the start button it clicks and just beeps a number of times and shuts off. must be a ground fault in the jug. waste of money. Show details
HonestCitizen
HonestCitizenBrisbane8 posts

Temperature control

The main reason I bought this kettle is due to the temperature control buttons. It gives me the option to boil water at 100 deg or to make green tea with 80 deg water. Perfect for tea drinkers or those who don’t like super hot water every single time they boil water. It has a keep warm function which allows the kettle to keep boiling the water when it senses it’s cooling down. I’ve had this kettle for over 3 yrs now and it’s still working. Occasionally, and only just recently, it will boil continuously and I have to hit cancel to stop it. Must be a fault with the buttons? But given I have gotten so many years from it, it doesn’t bother me. It still works fine. So I won’t replace it until it dies completely. Show details
waynoshaw
waynoshawVICGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC4 posts
SharG
SharGMelb6 posts

Don't buy this kettle

Disappointing for such an expensive kettle. Started to play up (turning off, beeping for no reason), just before the 2yr warranty was up. Contacted Breville was advised to take it to it's repair agent, I didn't as had read here that the repair agent will give you a new base and after a short the faults will repeat themselves. I had bought their previous model had no issues, ran for years, really disappointed in this model. What happened Breville?

Redline
RedlineVICGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC13 posts
  BKE825BKS

Very bad kettle I have ever used

Pick this up On special due to my old one being quite old I was happy with the look and the way blends into my Kitchen. after one year the kettle has died I will not purchase the same and look into different brands stay away. One of the Worst

JudE
JudEVICGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC2 posts

Hopeless expensive annoying

2014 bought - Soft closing lid didn't hold closed upon boiling - gave me a nasty burn; was replaced with new firmer closing design. Now 2 years on it doesn't switch off on boiling and doesn't necessarily remain on after switched on so return a few minutes later and no hot water. Annoying -$130 and not even 2 reliable years from each unit. Will avoid Breville from hereon in.

Jason
Jason5113South Australia, 51139 posts
  Verified BKE825BKS

Like an arcade game you just want to smash!

Turns itself off immediately thinking its at the temperature set when its plain cold tap water. Can take 10+ attempts just to get the water to boil. Can't walk away or trust it or you'll have cold drinks. Like an arcade game you just want to smash!

Our 3rd Breville kettle that has become faulty in a short time. Technology just ruins service life!

Ami
AmiSydney7 posts
Zorro
ZorroLogan2 posts
Bec
BecSydney2 posts

If there was a minus 5 stairs i would be giving it a -10

An absolute joke for a kettle I purchased the first one online with David jones as I was stuck at home after having a new born start stuffing up after 4 month constant beep by its self, cuts out after 5 seconds of being switched on, short circuits the house all the time. Had it replaced because unfortunately the David jones I went to didn't have much kettles in stock so ended up with the same model and guess what the new one started stuffing up at exactly 4 months. Have purchased a $9 kettle from big w works wonders. very disappointing breville should be recalled as a safety issue.

RB1
RB1

Beeping drives me crazy

I just bought this kettle, thinking it would be perfect for me. Unfortunately, it beeps like a fire alarm whenever you do anything. I'm not just talking about when it boils. It beeps when you turn the power on, when you press any button, when you pick up the kettle, when you put down the kettle, and when it has finished boiling. I am willing to pay to buy another kettle just so that I don't have to use this one. I've made one cup of tea with it, and it's already given me a headache.

Breville
Breville   DM

Hi RB1 - thanks for your comments. The design team receive these notifications and appreciate feedback. The Breville team

anne
anneVictoria3 posts
M Coryne
M Coryne2 posts

Bad bad bad quality

Bought this kettle, plugged it in the lid wouldn't open. Took it back for a replacement, 3 weeks in Mid boil it would cut out. Took it back for another replacement, 6 months on and now this one cuts out mid boil or turns off as soon as you press the on button. So fed up

ysxj
ysxjmelbourne6 posts
  Verified BKE825BKS

very good! i need different temp water for tea, coffee and drink

This is my Second one. first one i used from 2010 to now, 5 years, and last month found some problem, sometimes power no supply because the base connect with the body. 5 years, i'm happy with it. now, i buy the same one, continue to work for my family.

Sue
Sue

good choice for kettle

good control over temp, for various types of beverages ie green tea or black tea plus coffee setting, and keep kettle at selected temp for hours if you want, lots of choices on how you want your drink . Looks good in my kitchen. Easy to fill & pour! Its quiet!

Jess85
Jess85 · The Smart Kettle BKE825BKS

I just got my kettle today, I switched it on and have run it a couple of times then I moved it to another spot and now when I switch it on the keep warm button and the start/cancel button flash then turn straight off, I don’t know what I can try? Or is it a fault? Thank you.

Annabel
Annabel

I would return it and get it replaced under warranty.

Will
Will

Jess85 mine is doing the same only 2 weeks old did you need to return or has it got a reset on it ?

Compare all Breville The Smart Kettle listings
CategoryElectric KettlesElectric KettlesElectric KettlesElectric Kettles
Price (RRP) $219
Features360° Swivel Base, BPA Free, Keep Warm Option and Water Gauge360° Swivel Base, BPA Free, Keep Warm Option and Water Gauge360° Swivel Base, BPA Free, Keep Warm Option and Water Gauge360° Swivel Base, BPA Free, Keep Warm Option and Water Gauge
Capacity1.7 L1.7 L1.7 L1.7 L
Variable Temperatures YesYesYesYes
Power2,400 W2,400 W2,400 W2,400 W
Manufacturer Warranty2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)
Colour / FinishBlack SesameBrushed Stainless SteelCranberrySherbet
Construction MaterialStainless SteelStainless SteelStainless SteelStainless Steel
Compare all Breville The Smart Kettle listings