Breville Compact Smart BOV650

Breville Compact Smart BOV650

MPN: BOV650
See the Best Benchtop / Toaster Ovens in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Breville

3.7
    Kez M
    Kez M

Disgusted as not able to repair or provide spare parts!

I bought a Breville Compact Smart Oven about 4 years ago. It was quite expensive. The top elements have stopped working and when I inquired of Greville they told me they do not repair this oven nor do they provide replacement elements. I am annoyed and disgusted that I have to throw it away - more rubbish on the planet - I will never ever buy Breville products again. Incidentally the Breville toaster I bought lasted just over a year. What absolute shoddy rubbish. Boo to all things Breville.

carole
    carolemelbourne

Compact and does the job !

Bought this coz the oven in my rented place is so so dirty, easy to use, and does the job. Loved the temperature and timer control. But hoping the sound of the timer when it completed to be 'louder' barely heard it when the TV volume is at standard level.

Bob of gulf point
    Bob of gulf pointMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Excellent but not perfect - update

I bought this to supplement the main oven and cook pies, chips and warm up/reheat. It's great at $169 in Great Guys. Heats quickly and has very good controls. One downside is no internal light, but it is easy to see in with a torch. Another is that it only cooks one thing at a time. So I often find I have to also use something else, like a cook top pan say for fish and chips. t's been very good as a supplementary too.

Cate
    CateAustralia

Not safe as outside gets too hot

I have had to take this back as the outside of the unit gets extremely hot. I bought it for my elderly parents - but because my mother is quite frail, and with mild dementia, my father felt that mum could easily burn herself on the outside of the unit. Its a shame, because the actual functions of the little oven were very good. Perhaps they can work on ways to insulate the outside of the oven.

Benchtop / Toaster Ovens

Find out how Breville Compact Smart BOV650 compares to other Benchtop / Toaster Ovens

AlegraGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Versatile appliance

Replaced our old "little oven" as we call them with this model. Fantastic!!! It can do so much, use it more than our "big oven". Has temperature and timer control that is perfect, it is so smart, beeps at you when it reaches set temperature and when the food is ready. Clear front window, adjustable shelf and easy to remove crumb tray. Great size and quality. Had it for over a year, can't do without it. It toasts bread to perfection with a choice of number of slices and darkness. It cooks a great pizza. Roasts, grills and bakes, it can do it all.
    Sturdy, quality product, reliable.

fairynuff
    fairynuffIllawarra, NSW

No mess no fuss reliabilty

I purchased this oven to replace an old GE model my grandmother had owned. I idi a lot of research on those available on the market before deciding that this model best suited our needs. It's a little beauty - toasts bread, crumpets, sandwiches and muffins to perfection and has a variety of settings that allow you to grill, bake and roast too. Very easy to clean the crumb tray - it just slides out from the bottom. User friendly too - easy to operate. It could almost replace my wall oven. Perefect for those who live alone, or the elderly &/or infirmed. Lightweight. A little on the pricey side, but if you want a good toaster oven that does a whole lot more than toast, then you can't go wrong this product.
    Easy to clean and use. Works great

craigs902South East Queensland, QLD