Breville Fast Slow Cooker BPR200

Breville Fast Slow Cooker BPR200

MPN: BPR200

Alex

AlexWillaston

Use it nearly everyday fantastic

Food tastes great, can use cheaper cuts of meat..so tender . Multifunction so easy to use . If only the timer counted down ..would be better but despite that so easy to use ,clean and store. The slow cook feature is good and it has a large Capacity. Great for quick no fuss risotto.

Date PurchasedJul 2017

Lynne

LynneDarwin

Absolutely Love It

I have never used a pressure cooker in my life but I needed an oven so I thought I would buy one and cross my fingers. Some of the reviews almost scared me off but I thought what the heck. I grabbed some old flank steak and thought I would give it a whirl. After following the instructions (bit confusing) but I did have a couple of wines beforehand. It came out with so much flavour and tender I was sold immediately. Next night I gave it a go with a whole chook and using the recipe in the book that came with it. It came out as good as the webber chicken we usually do but in a fraction of the time. I really do love it. Once I get used to what Im doing it will be even better. Shouldn't take too long to get the hang of it. Thank you Breville!

Date PurchasedDec 2018
Megan

MeganKirrawee

Amazing - it’s my kitchen companion

I love my breville Fast Slow Cooker - had it 18 months now and use it 1-2 times a week
More in winter - pressure cooking gives tender meat that normally takes hours and hours - I use it mainly for curries and whole chickens - lots of recipes online too and yountube tutorials - it’s by far the best thing in my kitchen - also does risotto perfectly and rice
And the pot in pot method is a game changer
Cook a casserole or whatever below and rice cooks up top in steamer in any oven proof
Bowl. - 10/10

Date PurchasedMar 2017
Rosscoe

RosscoePort Lincoln

another excellent machine

Simple easy to use made of long lasting quality materials was going to buy a cheaper machine but this is the better designed cooker in its class use it to make soups for the jobsite
programmed recipes are good too happy with this model would recommend to anyone another quality breville product

Date PurchasedJul 2017

Tash

TashSydney

What can’t this machine do?!

We bought this machine on recommendation to a slow cooker. And aren’t we glad we did. We use this machine at least 5-6 times a week. As you can brown the meat and then add sauce to pressure cook, I use this to cook dinner while I head out to pick up the kids.
Cooks rice in no time at all. Makes the best risotto! We’ve slow cooked lamb overnight to get a 12hr cooking time. It’s wonderful. So much so, my whole family now own one!

Date PurchasedJul 2015

troppo_shoppa

troppo_shoppaAU

Use this every day for most meals!

This is my first ever pressure cooker or slow cooker. I can find a use for this every day, even just to steam rice. It is so simple and robust. Being a combined fast and slow cooker is brilliant becuae you can pressure cool and then leave on slow cooker function to further renderer. I would maybe prefer a finer timer for the slow cooker, which only has 6h or 8h, but that is no way a deal breaker.
An excellent entry point if you haven't used these appliances before.

Date PurchasedAug 2013

Perfect slow cooker

Am so happy with this product I purchased recently.I discovered food cooked in slow cooker taste much much better than oven baked or stove cooked foods. The slow cooker as it's name suggests slowly cooks food and reserves all nutrients. After using the slow cooker it is easy to clean and store.

Date PurchasedMar 2017

Raiza

RaizaBrisbane

Great for making Soup and Indian Lentil Curries

This is a great product with many different options for making different types of soups/meals. I use it to make soups and Indian lentil curries and the result is amazing. It takes little time to cook and you can choose various options to make different types of soups/stews. Would definitely recommend this product.

Date PurchasedJan 2015
Wil

WilFlynn 2615, ACT

Excellent slow cooker

Having own many slow cookers over the years I wanted to try pressure cooking. Obviously all my talk worked and i got one as present. Excellent cooker and I love that i can saute the meats first in the unit without having to use a separate pan. Hit and miss on the pressure cooker but expect that was more about the recipes rather than the cooker. Was looking at the new model as an upgrade but this one is still strong going 6-7 years on.

Date PurchasedJul 2011
Leeson

LeesonWOOLLOONGABBA

Fantastic time saver!

We mainly use it for the pressure cooker function and the results are awesome! We have cooked ribs that are falling off the bone in 40 minutes which would take overnight in a regular slow cooker! The food comes out identical to slow cooker in our opinion. Works great for cooking beans too! Absolutely great value for money and something we use every single day.

Date PurchasedJan 2015

youknowwhoiam

youknowwhoiamVictoria, 3041

Very good product

I've had this pressure/slow cooker for ages now and it's still working like a dream, it's a very versatile unit with many options but has a simple easy to use interface. I've mainly used the pressure cooker and slow cooker options and every meal I've made has turned out exactly as expected.

Date PurchasedSep 2015

ZanZan

ZanZanSyndey

Loved this

Instructions instructions instructions!

Make sure you read them before you handle the cooking with a pressure cook. The product is simple to use and it's safe as long as you follow the guidebook. It also tells you how long it takes to cook with a pressure cook comparing to use a traditonal oven - it saves heaps of time!

Date PurchasedOct 2015

Love it!

I am so surprised to read the negative reviews on here. I purchased our slow/pressure cooker about a year ago and have no regrets at all. I bought it based on recommendations from 3 different friends and family members who have the same model and love it. In fact, the only reason I came on here was to look it up to recommend the model to another friend. I wonder if some people leaving negative reviews are expecting too much from it? It doesn't work magic, it just cooks your food for you! But it's easy to use, quick and straight forward.

Date PurchasedApr 2016

arnie

arniedeception bay

best slow cooker

Bought this electric/ slow/pressure 3months at myer store in north lakes go best thing ever very happy with it a bit sceptical first bought a Breville product before it was not so good but this slow cooker is fantastic credit where it is due thanks Breville it cooks great stews and wonderfull rissotos great machine

Date PurchasedMay 2016

Hi Arnie - that's great news, thanks for your comments. The Breville team

WOPA

WOPA

Almost Unfaultable

Bought this machine almost 3 years ago. Have used it extensively to cook a variety of different meals. Main use is for slow cooking steak.
After reading others reviews, especially about explosions, I can only imagine that their particular machine/part was faulty or they had inserted the gasket and/or holder incorrectly. I have never had an issue with that at all.
Only complaint I do have is that the machine has started giving me an error code, and after consulting the user manual, there isn't any information about the actual problem, just states that I need to contact Consumer Service, which I have done and am awaiting a response.

Date PurchasedDec 2013
BrevilleBreville

Hi Wopa don't hesitate to try customer service again on 1300 139 798. Thanks, the Breville team

Very good machine

Very happy with this pressure cooker. Performs very well, i made a beef stew with it and in 30 minutes the beef was so tender. There isn't really anything I can fault it on. I also love that it has a searing function, it really is the ultimate one-pot cooker.

Date PurchasedAug 2016

Hi Chrissy13 - thanks for your comments. The Breville team

Ant

AntAU

Love it!

It cooks the best risotto. It really is cooking in one appliance. No more browning on the stove top and then transferring to another pot. Flavorsome and quick. I use it at least once a week. I love how you set and forget and then i can prepare the rest of the meal without having to stand over the appliance .Money well spent!

Date PurchasedJun 2016

Hi Ant - thanks for your comments. The Breville team

My Go to Appliance

I purchased my Fast Slow Cooker over 2 years ago and use it at least once a week. Curries, braises, silverside all cooked to perfection, (don't even get me started on the perfect rice) I could not be happier with this product. Seal replaced in recall and I have had not a single other problem with it. I am so impressed I am purchasing another insert as mine is beginning to lose the non-stick coating.

BrevilleBreville

Hi Sheryl - sounds like you've put your Fast Slow Cooker to good use - thanks for your comments. The Breville team

Carol HufferMorwell

Best Buy.

Recommended to me by store staff, best thing I've ever bought. Replaces at least 3 kitchen items. Easy to use and clean.
Browns, cooks and keeps warm. Love using both functions Slowcooker and pressure cooker.
Quick with great tasting results.
Would recommend this product, good price. Bought at Harvey Norman.

Hi Carol Huffer - thanks for your comments. The Breville team

Carol Huffer

My review is actually for the Breville Fast Slow Pro BPR700. Sorry.

Kath

KathGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Thank you for making this easy!

Hi Kath - thanks for your comments. The Breville team

See all Breville Fast Slow Cooker BPR200 reviews

PML

PMLasked

What is the PSI of High , Medium and Low setting on Breville Fast Slow Cooker, Model BPR200

Don B.

Don B.asked

Can you use the warm function to reheat the cooled cooked food before serving??

BrevilleBreville

The Breville® BPR200 Fast Slow Cooker™ will finish Slow Cooking and automatically go into the Keep Warm mode for 30 minutes. If this time is not enough, the Keep Warm function can be manually selected and programmed for between 2 and 99 minutes. It will take some time to take cooled food and reheat it using the Keep Warm function but it can be done.

Reno S.asked

How do I know what pressure setting to set the pressure Cooker at low, medium, or high. I know the recipes say which setting but if I'm not cooking off a recipe how do I know which setting? Thanks oh also I really love the breville fast/slow pressure Cooker, it's my first one and I think it is fantastic have had no problems at all

BrevilleBreville

If you are testing a new recipe, you may need to check the components and match them with another one that has the settings already decided. For example, if you are cooking a dish that uses bone-in meat, you'll want higher temperatures and higher pressure to ensure the meat is tender. If you are cooking stock, medium pressure is preferred.

Reno S.

Oh I see! So settings represent temperature and pressure, OK that helps me a lot. Thanks for the reply

Get an answer from our members and Breville representatives

CategorySlow Cookers and Pressure Cookers