Breville Fast Slow Cooker BPR200

Breville Fast Slow Cooker BPR200 (page 2 of 5)

MPN: BPR200

Should I get a slow cooker, pressure cooker or multi cooker?

As the weather becomes colder, a lot of us look forward to hearty home-cooked meals to warm us up. Luckily, the days of slaving away over a stovetop are over, thanks to slow cookers, pressure cookers and multi cookers. This buying guide will help you decide which kitchen appliance is right for you.

Read now

3.7

Fantastic kitchen appliance

Hi Debdjd - thanks for your comments. The Breville team

RH

RH

Works perfectly once you get to grips with it.

Purchased to replace a Sunbeam slow cooker that broke, have been using for 8 months now. Good points: Very easy to use, nice to have slow cooker and pressure cooker all in one, sauté function also useful, food comes out as expected. On the whole very happy 10/10 now. Not so good points: 5/10 for instructions, youtube clips on its use were most useful in the end, as the written instructions were not clear on how to place seal, especially as at first it seemed to leak, seal was replaced as part of the recall they had in place, though this was not the problem.

karenfff

karenfffnsw, 2323

time saver. walk away and ignore

LindaSydney, NSW

Throw out the CrockPot

Hi Linda - thanks for your comments. The Breville team

Dave J

Dave JMelbourne

Great!

Have had this for a couple of weeks now. This thing is amazing. Cooks food fast and quick and so many recipes to choose from. We've used the pressure cooker and slow cooker function and it's so simple. We've cooked for a few people now who are looking to now buy this. Love it :)

Hi Dave - thanks for the comments. The Breville team

Fantastic

Just love this cooker. I wanted something I could toss food in and have cooked in no time when I arrive back from fishing. It's perfect. I get the ingredients ready early, go fishing, come home and toss it all together and off it goes. Clean the fish, and dinner's cooked. White Wings Special Gravy Flour is a perfect no lump thickener works perfectly with it. Pour it in, mix, turn to "saute sear" for a couple of minutes and serve it up. I made a forequarter chop curry last night. Cooked the basic (10 mins med pressure), added kumara, (2 mins med pressure), added ground almonds and English Spinach (3 mins saute sear). All done
    Extremely easy to clean.
    Can't say I'd use the slow cooker feature.......but , maybe.

BrevilleBreville

Hi Kez - great to hear you're getting so much out of your appliance. Thanks for your comments. The Breville team

Mike_AK

Mike_AKPerth

First pressure cooker.
    We've only had it a fortnight and used it maybe ten times - great results every time.
    Searing option is great, saves using another pan. The equivalent of a slow cooked meal in less than an hour, with meat falling apart.
    Easy to clean, low maintenance. Perfect.

Hi Mike_AK - good news. Thanks, the Breville team

TrishPercy

TrishPercyCootamundra

Love It!

This is my first ever pressure cooker, was put off by the memories of my mum's stove top one. I'm still learning, and figuring out the liquid ratio but we've had some wonderful results from this appliance. I made an amazing risotto, no stirring in hot stock (and missing the news!) I haven't used the slow cooker function as I have a Breville Flavour Saver slow cooker (which I also love). Easy to clean and it looks good on the bench. I'm soon upgrading to the Breville Fast Slow Pro, which I just discovered today.

Hi TrishPercy - thanks for your comments. The Breville team

Fantastic Kitchen Appliance

I had my first fast slow cooker for a few years and I considered it to be the best appliance in my kitchen, and when I dropped and broke it it was only two weeks before I could not live without it and bought another. Highly recommend and particularly those people who like lamb shank, oxtail, osso bucco casseroles as it cooks exactly the same as a slow cooker but in a fraction of the time and without the cooking odours through the house.

Maggie J

Maggie JKoyuga Victoria

One pot cooking fast!!

Would recommend this fast slow cooker to everybody. It is easy to use with the bonus of browning meats etc in one pot. Great design lid, catering for the novice to pressure cooking. Just let it depressurize by itself and it keeps foods hot until you are ready to eat. Enjoy

Hi Maggie - thanks for your recommendation. The Breville team

shan

shanperth

Best appliance i own

By far the best machine i have ever bought, i use it at least 3 times a week i have had it for 3 years and still going strong. I love the way it cooks and does so many jobs. Perfect rice every time and the best ribs.
    Would recommend to everyone.

Hi Shan - thanks for your recommendation. The Breville team

Busy Mum

Busy MumMelbourne

Can't live without it

BrevilleBreville

Hi Busy Mum - thanks for your comments. We're glad to hear this product gives you a little more time with the kids. The Breville team

Salty

SaltyMelbourne

Great appliance.

This was gifted to me and I hated it initially but am loving it after I took some time to read the instructions.
    It is now used daily and I mainly use the pressure cooker and steaming functions. It's great just being able to set the time and walk away which to me is the biggest bonus over my older pressure cooker and steaming baskets.

Only downside is the lip of the base unit is hard to clean but a small bottle brush can fit in to help clean it.

Fantastic product easy to use

Recently purchased this product and couldn't be happier with it. Find inn buying more beef now as I can finally make tender curries and stews after work without preparing the slow cooker the night before. Have to make sure to clean it after each use as per the instructions. You will have nothing but trouble with it if you do not read the instruction manual properly and follow it to the letter. I've used it every night for a month now and it is brilliant. 15 mins was the longest I had to cook for so far and that got me tender fall apart lamb leg chunks for a casserole. Highly recommend this product.

CH76

CH76AU

Almost cannot fault this!

william

williamEllenbrook

Excellent for Asian Cooking

Val

ValSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great product easy to use

the first time used it produced a wonderful beef stew with veg, a great buy i am looking forward to using it with a lot more recipes, it was very easy to use and the instructions easy to follow, it should be great for curry and pulled pork slow cooked and then of course there is corned beef!

Dmitri

DmitriHamilton

Its is perfect if you know HOW to use it!

christroybels

christroybelsbrisbane

Excellent Appliance

This is such a great appliance! I love that it is so versatile with the different cooking methods. I love the steamer for vegetables and puddings, the pressure cooker for last minute dinners, and the slow cooker for when I'm more organised. Risotto is a dream to make. In fact, in the two months I've had it, it hasn't left the kitchen bench as I use it almost every night. It's easy to use, quick to clean although I agree with other comments in that the rim can be difficult to get to. I thoroughly recommend this product.

Excellent multi-use appliance