Breville the Fast Slow Cooker BPR650

Breville the Fast Slow Cooker BPR650 Questions & Answers

VerifiedMPNs:660054, 7604, BPR650 and BPR650BSS
Kiwibrit
Kiwibrit

Should there be steam whistling out of the ‘hot steam vent’ while it’s cooking in pressure cooker mode???

Rosalene Bradbury
Rosalene Bradbury

I quite often use my WONDERFUL fast-slow cooker to slow cook. Have always wondered where it is optimal to set the pressure: Hi Med or Low when I do this. Advice appreciated. Rosie in New Zealand

Tony NZ
Tony NZ

Hi,
I am getting error code e2, which relates to the bowl not being seated properly on the heating pad, but it is, tried turning it whole heating area is clean and debris free.
anyone else had this problem??

Vanessa L
Vanessa L

My cooker has been working fine for a long time. This morning it's not detecting the lid. You can use the saute function with a lid on which you are not supposed to be able to do. Just beeps with all the other functions. It was fine yesterday when I pressure cooked. Any ideas on how to fix this?

Carmen G
Carmen G

Why does this unit BPR650 completely power off?? Turned on to saute and it worked fine, switched to pressure cook, set unit, looked a couple minutes later and no power. No display at all. Unplugged, let it sit overnight and it was ok in the morning. Tried to use it again, same issue. Switched wall plugs and no power. This has only been used half a dozen times.

Christine C.
Christine C.

I can’t seem to close the lid with one hand anymore, when I do close it. Steam comes out of the side and eventually evaporates all the liquid. Seal has no damage and all other mechanisms are functional.

Seal is blocked -
Pea and ham soup blocked mine cause of the split peas - soak the lid in boiled water and Sloosh it about - pour a kettle of boiled water thru it - but soak to soften whatever is blocking it - that’s IF THE SEAL IS WORKING PROPERLY
- try that and let me know ....

Kath T
Kath T

Can I cook black garlic in the cooker?

Alannah
Alannah

Is the insert bowl of this pressure cooker made of stainless steel or aluminum?

Arctic_elf
Arctic_elf

Mine, which is about three years old, has a non stick insert which I think is aluminum.

Dee
Dee

Hi. The store told us we would need an eight litre for our family. We have 2 adults and 4 kids aged 2-12. Can someone give us an indication as whether the 6 litre will be sufficient?

Frances
Frances

I often feed my visiting family with meals cooked in this pot and I think you will find it big enough, I almost always have left overs so That's a good indication.

Peter F

I cannot get the lid to close. It seems to hit a metallic stop as I turn it from the 'align' position towards the 'lock'. It is as if the lock button should retract further (ie; should retract into the lid internally and project further outside the lid).

Anne

Sometimes if the steam has built up it is difficult to close press the steam release value as you try to close the lid it may help

Peter F

Thanks for your reply, but my trouble is closing the lid even when cold, it is not when heated, as I cannot get the lid closed to even allow the unit to be switched on..

Clair

I am using my pressure cooker Breville BPR650 for the first time and it is hissing the whole time while cooking and steam is coming out of the Pressure Release Valve. I have the Pressure Release Valve pointing towards the safety valve. I also turned it off, released the pressure, checked lid and valve and put it on again and its still doing it.
As the pressure builds up, more steam comes out. I have 2 cups of fluid for 800gm of beef ribs.
Is it also common for the steam to come out of the Safety locking pin?

Megan

It is meant to hiss until it reaches pressure that can be 15 minutes or so and then the little seal under the valve is meant to move up with the pressure of the steam forcing it closed and becoming silent !!!

Clair

Well that little seal doesn't seem to be working. I have tried this x 3 times today and it leaks out all times. Should I return it.

Anne

Check the removable seal inside the lid is correctly positioned all the wAy around. I had a similar issue once and repositioning the seal solved the problem.

LynnieQ

Less than 2 yrs old. Have loved it but as of today will sear, but does not slow cook (left it to its own devices then came back five hours later- nothing..) or pressure cook. Disappointing as it is not especially cheap. Ant suggestions for a fix?

Maggie J.
Maggie J.

have you considered replacing the gasket?

Breville
Breville   DM

Hello, We truly would like to assist with your pressure cooker. Can you please contact us so we can go over the options we have for you? Askus@breville.com.au

Koo Kat
Koo Kat

We looking to purchase a Breville BPR650BSS but want to know whether the cooking pot is constructed from aluminium-based material ? We are aware of the health danger of alumunium cookware and so will not purchase alumunium-constructed cookware.

We checked Breville web site but found that its Full Specifications simply describes [Construction materials : Brushed Stainless Steel].

Does this mean that [Cooking pot] or [Trivet] or [Steaming Tray] are made from stainless steel ? Or does it mean every component (except the plastic bits) is made from stainless steel ?

It would go along way to build customer-trust if Breville could be a little more detailed in its "full specification of [Construction materials]. For us it would be the difference between a buy decision as opposed to a check another brand move !

PhilB

The steam pot for veges is stainless the trivet appears to be chrome plated and the cooking pot is non-stick which is as bad as straight aluminum poison wise. Any kuice from steaming tasted off. The coatibg also degrades over 6mths. At 12mths totally sticky rough. They should habe a stainless option like some American models.

Also one sensor gone bad at 18mths.

Maybe choose another brand?

They almost got it good...but missed.

EuniceA
EuniceA

What is the energy usage like when it’s on slow cooking mode?

Nellie
Nellie

So I bought the 650 model today and not sure if I'll keep it yet. I had hoped the slow cook would allow me to cook for the 8 hours then keep warm for a further 2 hours, not the 30 mins it states in the book. I work long days and don't want to spoil a meal by having it sit unheated for too long. Should I have bought something else?

CAS
CAS

I just took this out of the box, brand new, and I can’t get the lid off....any suggestions please?

VMcclay
VMcclay

It should just twist open anti clockwise?

Martina D'aquino
Martina D'aquino

Would u leave it on with out watching it and does it have a auto safety switch?

wilson
wilson

Hi! There is a thing which you press, which is like a vent. I think when you press it you don't need to keep an eye on it. I am not too sure of the auto safety feature. I only had it for about a month and used it about four or five times before I and sold it on to someone else. Sorry couldn't be of bigger help

PhilB

It has multiple safety devices. It has standard vent. Plus emergency vent. I wpuld not be too concerned about that. But the toxic non stick coating does not wear well and taints delicate flavours. They should jave made rhe inside stainless like the outside.

Kade
Kade

We just purchased the BPR650 today and when we turned it on there is an odour of burning plastic/metal coming from the unit - from under the cooking bowl. The smell is terrible. What should we do?

Breville
Breville   DM

Hi Kade - please contact customer service for best assistance - 1300 139 798. Thanks the Breville team

PhilB

Ummm....the non stick coating will not get better....

Get an answer from our members and Breville representatives