Breville All In One BSB530

Breville All In One BSB530

MPNs: 36161292 and BSB530BSS

The motor died out

It was great until the motor died out . All the attachments were practical but two weeks back it just made a weird sound and stopped working . I tried contacting customer support to order just the hand held stick but apparently you can order all other attachments but they don’t sell that . It’s a complete waste now .

Date PurchasedNov 2016

Not worth the money

The performance wasn't the greatest,capacity was ideal but for durability...ZERO.Just out of warranty and the motor has died.Wish I'd never gone with an all in one.Next time I'll do my homework and buy a better brand.If you consider buying this product (which I hope you do your research thouroughly) buy the extended warranty because you'll need it.

Date PurchasedApr 2016

Replacement motor for Breville all-in-one

All of you out there with the dilemma of having the all-in-one's motor quit on you, and not being able to buy just the motor from Breville.
If your motor burns out, all you have to do is buy the inexpensive Breville "Multi Mash".
Then you have the same motor and an extra masher.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Worked great until...

I was using this product intermittently every 2-3 months and the attachments were great and wonderful until the motor blew out. I’ve owned it for over 3 years now and the warranty is out but you would expect a $200 product like this to last you at least 4-5 years... especially with what little use we got out of it. Extremely disappointed and likely won’t buy or recommend a Breville mixer ever again...

Date PurchasedJan 2015

Convenient but quality isn't there

Okay, I know this isn't marketed as a high-end, last-you-a-lifetime kind of product. The fact that it is a hand-blender, potato masher and food processor all in one is super convenient, especially if you are short on space in the kitchen or just hate the idea of having a million different gadgets cluttering the space.
And as a stick blender, this works wonders. Most of the parts are dishwasher friendly, so clean-up is a breeze. If you want to grate cheese, or slice onions, then the food bowl is pretty good at handling it. But try anything a little more arduous, and the motor is just too weak to cope, fizzling out and imploding.
This happened to me not once, but twice in the span of a year (which is the length of the warranty for this item). After replacing the motor stick twice, it happened again a third time - this time just out of warranty, with a simple mix of chickpeas and peanut butter. I was advised that Breville do not offer the stick as a spare part and I would have to buy a completely new set ($200), or opt for the BSB510 stick mixer for $100.
Good for simple tasks, and if you do choose to buy it - seriously consider adding an extended warranty, you're going to need it.

Date PurchasedApr 2016

Pretty good, does the job!

Haven't had much trouble with the product and found it to be quite good. I have had a problem with it straining for things that are a little more tough, but that could just possibly be misuse on my part. Hasn't broken quite yet, but only had for a month!

Date PurchasedAug 2017

Don't buy. Doesn't last.

I broth this stick mixer expecting it to last me years. Well it didn't it just bew up out of warranty. I contacted Breville to see if I could buy hand pice only. (As you can buy every other part from blades to lid for food processor bit to a plunger.)
They ase for my model number. Then write back and tell me I can't possibly buy the hand set piece on it own. I need to replace the whole lot.
Now for a nearly $200 need to buy every thing again.
I have had cheep error stick mixers that lasted a lot longer. OK doesn't have all acessorys but they art any good if you don't have a working piece.
My recommendation is stay away from this as burns out. Can't handle work it made for.
I only ever used it to slice. Grate. Mash my patotoes, whip cream. First time I used blades to chop nuts it broke.
Then you have to replace the lot very expensive.
Very disappointed.

Date PurchasedJul 2015

Works ok

Don't use mine all that often but found it ok when used so far. After reading comments though I expect it will break sooner than later. Have. Found it difficult at times to put the blades in the right component to make it work. A bit confusing.otherwise so far so good.

Date PurchasedAug 2014

Motor broke & unable to replace

Motor broke after 18mths, no replacement means entire kit non-functional. Initially wrote to customer support but no response. Phoned and immediately found out no replacement part available and unable to purchase separate stick. Feels like such a waste to throw away entire kit/all attachments but no choice as useless without functional motor. Not buying Breville again.

Date PurchasedSep 2015

Not bad

This food processor comes with a great range of accessories and is quite compact which is all excellent. It is not as powerful as I had hoped and does require smallish quantities to be put in it for blending/chopping/mixing etc. But that's not that big an issue, although it can be frustrating when in a rush. Overall I'm happy with my purchase.

Date PurchasedJun 2015

Motor stopped working after only 14 months

Liked the product while it worked but your lucky to get a year or just over out of it before it stops working. I would use it maybe two or 3 times a week so obviously the motor is not made to last.
For a machine that cost $200 I don't find this reasonable at all. Not happy.

Date PurchasedMay 2016

Ideal kitchen companion!

Absolutely satisfied, easy to operate, great results. I do not need anything else to help me prepare food, this machine can do everything. I have also purchased one for my daughter who is absolutely thrilled with hers. Breville consistently have kitchen appliances that stand out from the rest and this one is the best.

Date PurchasedMay 2014

Compact unit - good for small/medium kitchens

I've had fun with this unit. Makes great mash - potatoes/sweet potatoes, turnips etc. But making oat flour or peanut butter is a little bit too much for the motor. Gotta do those two recipes in batches, no more than 1 - 2 mins at a time, but it does eventually get there! Attachments are fairly easy to clean/wash. Generally happy with my purchase.

Date PurchasedJun 2016

Breville All In One

I have only had this machine for a few months and it certainly makes food preparation a lot easier. Love that it does multiple tasks but doesn't take up a lot of space on the kitchen bench. Here's hoping the quality is good enough to last for quite a few years more.

Date PurchasedMay 2017

Fantastic for many uses over a 3 year life

Ireceivedmined as a present from my husband, so I'm no sureof where he bought it from, or what he paid for it as he filed the warranty prior to presenting it to me. My stick lasted at least 3 years before sticks motor started getting weak periodicly at first, before almost ceasing altogether. Prior to this I found the chopping blade was fantastic for grinding smaller items for baking such as nuts, chocolate chips, creating bread crumbs. It is also good for mashing spud. I found the whisk attatchment very useful. The shreding disc is great for coleslaw. I found the stick was very comfortable to handle, it's just a shame it couldn't have lasted another 5 or 10 years, but this is the throw away society we live in today I guess and just nothing is really built to last anymore, despite the good brand name. I do have many Breville items and do love the Brand name despite me not being able to use this any longer.

Date PurchasedJul 2013

Good, but not worth the price

it's good but i can't do everything with it as described by the advertisements and description. it doesn't grind down my oats enough, which is what i purchased it for, but it does blend up my vegetables for the soups i make so it's good enough for that. I purchased another one for my mother in law for mothers day, but she was upset that she received only 1 blade instead of the 2 blades that i received with mine which annoyed me quite a lot. Would not purchase again!

Date PurchasedMay 2012

It was great for a short term usage

I like how it's got multiple attachments (that's why I give it two stars). Rarely used, and mostly, I used the whisker. But when I used the normal mixer with the bowl to blend the mince meat and some spices, it's overheating and switched off itself. And it has stopped working since. Not worth fixing it.

Date PurchasedJul 2015

Ongoing issue with a spindle

We used the food processor quite often for a year and we liked it until the plastic spindle tip broke into 3 pieces.
We bought a replacement from an authorized service place which had to be purchased together with the whole counterpart lid.
Unfortunately after a few uses the spindle tip edges (a tripod shape) got chewed and started to slip in the lid socket.
We ordered another replacement but within a few uses exactly the same thing happened again.
Please note we didn't use it in any excessive way, just normal home kitchen use.

Now we are obviously hesitant to spend more money and buy another one as it seems to be a recurrent issue.

It's a shame because we liked to use it mainly for it's versatility.

Is there anything you would recommend us Breville Customer Service?

Peter an Maya from Joondanna, WA

Date PurchasedMay 2013

Don't buy this

Well, I like most other buyers here, bought this and probably used it once or twice a month for about 10months, then the hand stick motor blew up while I was processing nuts, smoke was coming out, I called manufacturer and they said take it back to store with receipt, I had lost my receipt and since I payed by cash Harvey Norman had no record of my purchase, so there goes my hard earned money down the drain

Date PurchasedJan 2016

Motor stick broken and cannot buy replacement

I have loved this product over the last 2 years, I have used all the components and cook from scratch, so it has been great.... until the motor died whilst making bliss balls. Ok I thought it is a separate part i'll order a new one, I rang Breville customer service and they do not make a replacement part for the motor stick, which seems such a waste , why don't they make a new one that is more powerful, so at least you could replace one part and not throw away a whole system, more waste into the environment ... not happy Jan.... also its not a cheap product and should last longer in my opinion...

Date PurchasedOct 2014