Coffee Pod Machines Buying Guide

If you're keen on caffeine but constant cafe trips are burning a hole in your wallet, a coffee pod machine can make quick coffees daily. In this guide we help you decide whether a coffee pod machine is right for you, and share the best coffee pod machines in 2020.

Read now

4.4

• Product is used
  • Consistency
  • Milk Frothing

Noisy and Not Hot

Upgraded from a Nespresso machine from Woolies (approx $100) to this Breville Citiz machine (approx $300) and definitely not worth it. It is extremely noisy and the coffee is not hot. Very disappointing purchase.
The drip tray is also very shallow.

Purchased in July 2020 at Harvey Norman for A$298.00.

Disappointing

Breville Citiz is disappointing in it's design. The top of the water container is not secured to top of the holder and falls into the water. Bad Design. Had De'Longhi Pixie for six years and two coffees every day at least and more with visitors has now got a problem but happy to pay $100 to have fixed. Wish we had contacted them before we bought the Citiz.l

Purchased in June 2020.

GeoRod

GeoRodSouth East Queensland, QLD

Perfect - works everytime and looks good too !

Purchased at Myer for A$349.00.

Capsule / Coffee Pod Machines

Find out how Breville CitiZ&milk compares to other Capsule / Coffee Pod Machines

Tony

Tony

Best Capsule Coffee Machine

This is an excellent quality coffee capsule machine, it's 19 Bar pressure coffee extraction delivers a perfect coffee every time. It's functionality is unsurpassed in terms of reliability, performance and ease of making a great coffee. It's also very easy to clean and maintain. I have to say that this is the best coffee machine I have ever owned. I always use Nespresso coffee capsules as they are aluminium and can handle the 19 Bar pressure, but are also excellent quality and taste. Five star rating.

Purchased in December 2016.

Milk Frothing
Product is used Several times a week
pwo128

pwo128NT, 820

Great Nespresso machine - easy to use

Our old Nespresso U-Milk died after 5 years of hard service. When we were searching for another one this particular Breville machine looked appealing with its chrome looks, and JB Hifi had an excellent price so I took a closer look and decided to buy it.
We have not been let down.
The machine is actually easier to operate than the old one and it makes coffee just as well.
Interestingly the milk frother is exactly the same as my old machine so I have kept my old frother as a spare.
The feature I particularly like about this machine is the water tank is larger than others so you're not constantly refilling the tank.
The 650MC produces consistently good Nespresso coffee, is reliable and not expensive.
Highly recommended.

Date PurchasedDec 2018
Pellet

PelletSydney, NSW

Makes Great Coffee !

Pauli

Pauli

Great coffee maker

This machine makes a great cup of coffee and can’t fault it in anyway whatsoever.

You will not regret buying the Nespresso coffee machine from Breville they are brilliant for the money

There are plenty of different coffee flavours available that fit this type of machine and are compatible from Coles and Woolworths

badabingfc

badabingfcCamden Park

Great machine

Got this one whilst on special at Myer! Haven’t been disappointed. Does exactly what it’s meant to do, creamy coffee with no fuss. Very easy to set up and install. Like the Chrome colour and finishes. Easy to maintain, decent water storage and capsule space. Very happy with this product

Konidair

KonidairSydney

Good coffee maker

This is the first Nespresso machine we own and after 14 moths of use we still love it! The milk frother makes a nice rich froth and it doesn't burn the milk like the Aldi frother. The coffe has got a nice cream and aroma, even with compatible capsules. The only think I hate is that there is a lot of water ending up in the drip tray under the capsule tray

Date PurchasedDec 2016

James L.

James L.Melbourne

Awesome

Got this from TGG for $100 and it's been fantastic! I use this machine everyday now for my coffee because it quick and easy to use, but most importantly quick and easy to clean! However, I wished the water tank and bin capsules was a little bit bigger to last a week, but thats just me being lazy to empty and refill them :)

Date PurchasedJan 2017
caza1

caza1Sydney

Great little coffee machine

Very quick and easy to use and makes a great cup of coffee! Sure it's not going to be the same quality as what you'll get at your favorite cafe but it makes perfect coffee for home. Really easy to clean though highly recommend cleaning the milk frother immediately after every use. We also enjoy using the function to froth the milk cold, great for iced lattes in summer. You won't regret buying this!

Date PurchasedMar 2017
HYK

HYKMelbourne

Simple to use

I purchased this back when nespresso had cashback+coffee credit promo. Good value for money. No need to buy coffee every morning. You can also find a good range of nespresso compatible capsules at coles and woolies and save! Coffee tastes great and its very easy to clean. Looks good in the kitchen.

Date PurchasedJul 2017
Jackson L

Jackson LSydney

Can't fault

Friend bought us one from the UK as a house warming gift over 5 years ago and it is still running strong. Capsules are unfortunately a little expensive, however definitely my go to when I want a quick dose of caffeine or relaxing cup while sitting out on the balcony.

Date PurchasedDec 2011
cnn888

cnn888Perth

Make my life better everyday

First coffee machine to have. I was not a heavy coffee drinker as the cost of it is so high. Now that I have one at home, I can't go to work without having a perfect flat white everyday or just straight espresso if I am in a rush. It just make my day everyday.

Date PurchasedAug 2017
Renchan

Renchan

Great machine

Was bought as a gift. Have used this machine daily for approximately 18 months. Works perfectly every time.

Tried supermarket pods that say they are compatible but they just kept getting stuck so stopped buying those and have never had any issues.

Easy to use and clean.

Would definitely recommend this product.

Date PurchasedJun 2016

Holly Bell

Holly BellAU

Great!

We brought second hand for a fantastic price and would have possibly paid full price!
Great coffee! Very easy to clean! Milk frother is fantastic! Very happy with our purchase and very happy with the minimal sound that the machine makes! I would absolutely recommend, even if you were to buy full price.

Date PurchasedAug 2017
PJ Melbourne

PJ MelbourneMelbourne

My favourite appliance - great coffee!

Date PurchasedJan 2015
Su

SuMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Can't live with out it.

I first purchased a Cafeitalia machine from Woolworth but didn't like it so I purchased this one as I wanted a machine that does everything and this machine certainly does its wonderful. Since purchasing this machine I hardly use my kettle and instant coffee. The pods are so easy & if you find the right deal on pods that's even better.

Date PurchasedAug 2016
Tia B

Tia BRedbank plains

So many parts

This machine was definitely not the only for me, I loved bed the taste of the coffee but the milk frother doesn't let you out enough milk in there for a full cup so you have to do it twice. It's not the easiest to clean as there are so many parts you have to pull apart and individually wash,

Date PurchasedFeb 2012
nicole99

nicole99AU

We've tried the rest , returned to the best !

We love this machine and have used it for over 4 years now. We updated to the latte machine and put this one in storage thinking the newer machine would be better and we would keep this for camping - but we actually preferred the ease of the citiz and milk. We have had to replace he milk frothier but was worth it to keep this trusty machine :) its more hygienic to use then the latte Nespresso machines

Date PurchasedSep 2013

Gerard M.

Gerard M.asked

CitiZ&milk

How Hot does the Milk Container Heat the Milk??
When i make a Coffee at home I like my Milk at 75 Deg's"
Thanks :-)

nahdoo

We bought a Breville Milk Frother which has a temperature control to heat the milk and makes a lot of froth for a Capucino..

John

John asked

CitiZ&milk BEC600MR (Fire Engine Red)

I have been given a used Breville BEV600MR, but need a copy of the user manual. My mother in her 80's won't try without one.
If you can mail/email a copy it would be appreciated.

John

nahdoo

I have a copy which came with my machine there are fifteen pages so to copy that to send by email might be a bit big. I can try but would need your email address. Otherwise you might be able to download a copy from Breville or they might send you one. I am in my eighties and I have not really had to read the booklet but everyone is different.

John D

John Dasked

CitiZ&milk BEC600MC (Chrome)

We received a milk BEC600MC by default and didn't get the instructions so need to know the procedure for cleaning with the capsules.Thank you

nahdoo

Not sure what you mean about cleaning. We have a Pixie too but the Citiz is quite easy to clean. Empty out used capsules out and pull out trays and wash in warm water and detergent also wash and dry water container. If you use a small frother make sure you clean any milk which may cling. Dry parts to store and give a polish of the chrome. All parts can be dried with paper towel. Don't put any part into dishwasher. Hope this helps keeping it clean gives a better coffee.

Get an answer from our members and Breville representatives