Breville CitiZ&milk

Coffee Pod Machines Buying Guide

A coffee pod machine makes quick, cheap coffees daily. In this guide we help you decide whether a coffee pod machine is right for you, and share the best coffee pod machines in 2020.

Read now
Buying Guide Banner

4.4

• Product is used
  • Consistency
  • Milk Frothing

Noisy and Not Hot

Upgraded from a Nespresso machine from Woolies (approx $100) to this Breville Citiz machine (approx $300) and definitely not worth it. It is extremely noisy and the coffee is not hot. Very disappointing purchase.
The drip tray is also very shallow.

Purchased in July 2020 at Harvey Norman for $298.00.

Disappointing

Breville Citiz is disappointing in it's design. The top of the water container is not secured to top of the holder and falls into the water. Bad Design. Had De'Longhi Pixie for six years and two coffees every day at least and more with visitors has now got a problem but happy to pay $100 to have fixed. Wish we had contacted them before we bought the Citiz.l

Purchased in June 2020.

GeoRod
GeoRodSouth East Queensland, QLD

Perfect - works everytime and looks good too !

Purchased at Myer for $349.00.

Capsule / Coffee Pod Machines

Find out how Breville CitiZ&milk compares to other Capsule / Coffee Pod Machines

Tony
Tony

Best Capsule Coffee Machine

This is an excellent quality coffee capsule machine, it's 19 Bar pressure coffee extraction delivers a perfect coffee every time. It's functionality is unsurpassed in terms of reliability, performance and ease of making a great coffee. It's also very easy to clean and maintain. I have to say that this is the best coffee machine I have ever owned. I always use Nespresso coffee capsules as they are aluminium and can handle the 19 Bar pressure, but are also excellent quality and taste. Five star rating.

Purchased in December 2016.

pwo128
pwo128NT, 820

Great Nespresso machine - easy to use

Our old Nespresso U-Milk died after 5 years of hard service. When we were searching for another one this particular Breville machine looked appealing with its chrome looks, and JB Hifi had an excellent price so I took a closer look and decided to buy it.
We have not been let down.
The machine is actually easier to operate than the old one and it makes coffee just as well.
Interestingly the milk frother is exactly the same as my old machine so I have kept my old frother as a spare.
The feature I particularly like about this machine is the water tank is larger than others so you're not constantly refilling the tank.
The 650MC produces consistently good Nespresso coffee, is reliable and not expensive.
Highly recommended.

Date PurchasedDec 2018

The best kitchen appliances in 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-best-kitchen-appliances-in-2020

Budget Coffee Machines, Bread Makers and Food Sealers

In quarantine and in need of fresh coffee, bread and longer lasting food? Read on for more information on kitchen appliances that won’t break the bank and help see you through self isolation during difficult times.

Wendy Z.27 Mar 2020
budget-coffee-machines-bread-makers-and-food-sealers

Best Fridges and Dishwashers in 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
best-fridges-and-dishwashers-in-2020
Pellet
PelletSydney, NSW

Makes Great Coffee !

Pauli
Pauli

Great coffee maker

This machine makes a great cup of coffee and can’t fault it in anyway whatsoever.

You will not regret buying the Nespresso coffee machine from Breville they are brilliant for the money

There are plenty of different coffee flavours available that fit this type of machine and are compatible from Coles and Woolworths

badabingfc
badabingfcCamden Park

Great machine

Got this one whilst on special at Myer! Haven’t been disappointed. Does exactly what it’s meant to do, creamy coffee with no fuss. Very easy to set up and install. Like the Chrome colour and finishes. Easy to maintain, decent water storage and capsule space. Very happy with this product

Konidair
KonidairSydney

Good coffee maker

This is the first Nespresso machine we own and after 14 moths of use we still love it! The milk frother makes a nice rich froth and it doesn't burn the milk like the Aldi frother. The coffe has got a nice cream and aroma, even with compatible capsules. The only think I hate is that there is a lot of water ending up in the drip tray under the capsule tray

Date PurchasedDec 2016

James L.
James L.Melbourne

Awesome

Got this from TGG for $100 and it's been fantastic! I use this machine everyday now for my coffee because it quick and easy to use, but most importantly quick and easy to clean! However, I wished the water tank and bin capsules was a little bit bigger to last a week, but thats just me being lazy to empty and refill them :)

Date PurchasedJan 2017
caza1
caza1Sydney

Great little coffee machine

Very quick and easy to use and makes a great cup of coffee! Sure it's not going to be the same quality as what you'll get at your favorite cafe but it makes perfect coffee for home. Really easy to clean though highly recommend cleaning the milk frother immediately after every use. We also enjoy using the function to froth the milk cold, great for iced lattes in summer. You won't regret buying this!

Date PurchasedMar 2017
HYK
HYKMelbourne

Simple to use

I purchased this back when nespresso had cashback+coffee credit promo. Good value for money. No need to buy coffee every morning. You can also find a good range of nespresso compatible capsules at coles and woolies and save! Coffee tastes great and its very easy to clean. Looks good in the kitchen.

Date PurchasedJuly 2017
Jackson L
Jackson LSydney

Can't fault

Friend bought us one from the UK as a house warming gift over 5 years ago and it is still running strong. Capsules are unfortunately a little expensive, however definitely my go to when I want a quick dose of caffeine or relaxing cup while sitting out on the balcony.

Date PurchasedDec 2011
cnn888
cnn888Perth

Make my life better everyday

First coffee machine to have. I was not a heavy coffee drinker as the cost of it is so high. Now that I have one at home, I can't go to work without having a perfect flat white everyday or just straight espresso if I am in a rush. It just make my day everyday.

Date PurchasedAug 2017
Renchan
Renchan

Great machine

Was bought as a gift. Have used this machine daily for approximately 18 months. Works perfectly every time.

Tried supermarket pods that say they are compatible but they just kept getting stuck so stopped buying those and have never had any issues.

Easy to use and clean.

Would definitely recommend this product.

Date PurchasedJune 2016

Gerard M.
Gerard M.asked
CitiZ&milk

How Hot does the Milk Container Heat the Milk??
When i make a Coffee at home I like my Milk at 75 Deg's"
Thanks :-)

nahdoo

We bought a Breville Milk Frother which has a temperature control to heat the milk and makes a lot of froth for a Capucino..

John
John asked
CitiZ&milk BEC600MR (Fire Engine Red)

I have been given a used Breville BEV600MR, but need a copy of the user manual. My mother in her 80's won't try without one.
If you can mail/email a copy it would be appreciated.

John

nahdoo

I have a copy which came with my machine there are fifteen pages so to copy that to send by email might be a bit big. I can try but would need your email address. Otherwise you might be able to download a copy from Breville or they might send you one. I am in my eighties and I have not really had to read the booklet but everyone is different.

John D
John Dasked
CitiZ&milk BEC600MC (Chrome)

We received a milk BEC600MC by default and didn't get the instructions so need to know the procedure for cleaning with the capsules.Thank you

nahdoo

Not sure what you mean about cleaning. We have a Pixie too but the Citiz is quite easy to clean. Empty out used capsules out and pull out trays and wash in warm water and detergent also wash and dry water container. If you use a small frother make sure you clean any milk which may cling. Dry parts to store and give a polish of the chrome. All parts can be dried with paper towel. Don't put any part into dishwasher. Hope this helps keeping it clean gives a better coffee.

Get an answer from our members and Breville representatives

Breville CitiZ&milk

Compare all 6 Breville CitiZ&milk
CategoryCapsule / Coffee Pod MachinesCapsule / Coffee Pod MachinesCapsule / Coffee Pod MachinesCapsule / Coffee Pod Machines
Price (RRP) $399.00$399.00$399.00$399.00
Pump Pressure19 bar19 bar19 bar19 bar
Input Power1,710 W1,710 W1,710 W1,710 W
Dishwasher Safe PartsNoNoNoNo
Water Tank Capacity1 L1 L1 L1 L
Dimensions 372 x 237 x 277 mm372 x 237 x 277 mm372 x 237 x 277 mm372 x 237 x 277 mm
Weight4.6 kg4.6 kg4.6 kg4.6 kg
Capsule CompatabilityNespressoNespressoNespressoNespresso
Milk FrotherSeparateSeparateSeparateSeparate
Heat-up Time 25 seconds25 seconds25 seconds25 seconds
Auto Shut-offNoNoNoNo
Shot FunctionsEspresso and LungoEspresso and LungoEspresso and LungoEspresso and Lungo
Manufacturer Warranty1 year(s)1 year(s)1 year(s)1 year(s)
Colour / FinishSilverChromeFire Engine Red