Breville the Compact Kettle Clear BKE395CLR

Breville the Compact Kettle Clear BKE395CLR

MPNs: 749 and BKE395
Listing monitored by Breville

Pros

• Ideal kettle size for 1-2 people

• BPA-free

• Easy to see the water level

• Heats water very quickly

Cons

• Requires maintenance to keep clean

printgirl47South East Queensland, QLD

Stylish, but heavy

Perfect size for us two oldies. I wanted to get a smaller kettle to "save power" by continually boiling water we don't need. Very stylish appliance. Love the glass. I now understand the fascination with fish tanks, as I watch the water boil. But, heavier than I thought even at 2 cups full (I bought mine online so no road-test). My old 1.7L kettle is much lighter. So somewhat tough on arthritic joints. But I've achieved my environmental objective.

Purchased in June 2020 at Kmart Online Store for $79.00.

Leaks

Got this as a wedding present a couple of years ago. We were happy with it, but condensation builds up around lid which leaks down the outside when your pour it, making a mess. This was ok when it was my wife and I, but now we have a small child and can’t risk hot water falling on her when she is around.

real buyer
real buyerSpencer Gulf

Ideal kettle for 1-2 people

I'm very satisfied with the taste of the water.
It's very easy to determine the kettle's water level because the kettle is clear (note, it's made of hard plastic not glass.)
The kettle heats water extremely fast. I timed it with a stop watch and it was 49 seconds for 1 cup!
The outside of the kettle does get dangerously hot during use. (The handle stays cool.)

There were a few reasons why I paid a premium for this kettle:
1. Made of Stainless Steel (the best material imo.)
2. Clear, so you can see the water level and to see the purity of the kettle water.
3. It was small, I only require a small kettle because I am one person.

Purchased in March 2019 at eBay for $57.76.

Electric Kettles

Find out how Breville the Compact Kettle Clear BKE395CLR compares to other Electric Kettles

ram
ramSydney

A good kettle, but...

Date PurchasedJune 2018

Excellent companion kettle in the kitchen

Just new, 1 litre size and made of glass and metal. The only thing plastic is the handle. Boils rapidly without wastage and appears to have much better workmanship than other kettles I looked at. Not the cheapest, but I like the design and trust it will last. I like that the on/off button is on the handle and not at the base which are lot are, and looked too flimsy. Has a large opening at the top for easy filling and cleaning.

The best kitchen appliances in 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-best-kitchen-appliances-in-2020

Best Fridges and Dishwashers in 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
best-fridges-and-dishwashers-in-2020

Avleen M.
Avleen M.23 July 2021
Amelia V.
Amelia V.Melbourne

Works nicely!

When I first bought it, it worked great just like any other kettle, but it turned a little brown in the inside after a few more uses. It makes it look old, in my kitchen that looks fairly clean and modern. But other than the looks of it, it's overall a great product.

Date PurchasedJan 2017
ecoliving
ecolivingAustralia

Great kettle, more product info on website needed

Breville
BrevilleBreville

Hi ecoliving - thanks for your comprehensive review. Thanks, the Breville team

Mel Tasked

My Breville kettle is a few years old and I’ve always loved it but recently it’s leaking water at the base. Pooling on the element plate & overflowing to my bench top. Has this happened to others? Why? Is it dangerous and can it be fixed? I don’t want to buy another as it’s otherwise fine but getting very frustrated at the continual mess. Thanks

printgirl47

I dont know what you mean by a few years. I would expect 3 years including warranty 1 year. That to me is in the time frame of ringing Breville and informing this product is faulty and you want a replacement under consumer law. A kettle should last at least 3 years. Get your ducks in a row and ring them.

printgirl47

And yes it’s dangerous. Stop using it,

Mel T

At least 4 years but I’ll find my receipt. Thank you!!

Tomcat99
Tomcat99asked

I purchased this kettle a few months ago and have enjoyed using it, however the base plate has discoloured in a light brown horse-shoe shaped mark where the element is below the base plate.
I've tried boiling white vinegar 1:2 with water (and have also suffered a boil-over) and left it to stand over night before boiling it again with clean filtered water - unfortunately the stain mark is still there and makes the water appear murky at certain angles.
Is there anything else I can do to remove the mark in a safe and effective manner?

printgirl47

Can't help you there. Sorry. Maybe Breville has a solution.

Mel T

I put a cut lemon in pre boiled water and sit overnight and it’s clean in the morning. Give it a good rinse out

Naveen S.
Naveen S.asked

How long would it take to boil water at an average?

John S.
John S.

With the kettle full (4 cups) at room temperature filtered water, it took 2:45 to reach boil, and held it at boil for a further 8 seconds for a total time of 2:53. Keep in mind that 1 cup = 250mL, and most coffee mugs are a bit larger than this, so you may only get about 3 cups.

See all Breville the Compact Kettle Clear BKE395CLR questions

Get an answer from our members and Breville representatives

Features:

This glass Breville Compact Kettle can hold up to 1 litre of water, is BPA-free and is quick to heat. In addition, it has:

• Slow release lid which prevents splashing of boiling water and gently releases steam
  • Illuminated power button for visibility
  • Auto switch off which turns off the kettle once the water has boiled
  • Thermal resistant Schott glass for durability and sleek style
  • Easy to clean
  • Durable, stain-resistant glass & stainless steel
  • Cordless convenience

Reviewers thought:

People felt that this was a convenient size for 1-2 people and had a very stylish appearance. The water is interesting to watch boil and it is clear how much water is in the kettle. It heats quickly, is lightweight and perfect for a small kitchen or family.

It contains some plastic in the lid but this is also BPA-free.

CategoryElectric Kettles