3Breville Dynamic Duo BEP920

Breville Dynamic Duo BEP920 (page 2)

4.2

71 reviews · Statistics

77% · 5511 · 15%
Product is used
  • Daily (28)
  • Several times a week (2)
Noise Level
Consistency
Milk Frothing
See the Best Coffee Machines in 2024 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Breville Dynamic Duo BEP92071 reviews
JTem
JTemSydney14 posts

The best

Breville makes the best espresso machines for the home barista. These machines teach you what makes a great coffee. At the same time as learning to make a proper espresso you learn to appreciate what goes in to a good espresso. The next step would be a professional setup but this is simply the best amateur home setup!

Justin
JustinVICGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC7 posts

Not bad coffee

It's a not bad coffee machine but sometimes the coffee runs too fast. It's very inconsistent I feel, and it isn't the beans since I use the same beans everyday. So i am just wondering what it is. Taste of coffee is there, but like i said i wish it was easier to maintain.

Johnny
JohnnyMaroochydore6 posts
  Dynamic Duo BEP920

This is the best home espresso combo!

This is a truly superb combo from Breville. I have barista experience in various cafes and for a home machine it makes awesome espresso shots (provided you buy fresh roasted, quality beans). The smell as you grind your beans fresh and make that first cup of the day just like you’ll get at a cafe = winning! Easy to clean compared to other machines. Not cheap but you do get what you pay for - and it’s sometimes on special at surprisingly good price, so do look out for that or negotiate hard!

BenMelbourne5 posts

Good coffee machine

This is a great coffee machine however we did have a few problems setting it up. We were unable to get a grind using the double shot basket and supplied grinder that generated enough pressure to create a good creme. With some tweaking and using the single basket we havent had a problem since

Lara
LaraMaroochy River6 posts
  Dynamic Duo BEP920

Excellent coffee, don't bother with cafes anymore

This machine makes consistently great coffee to the point where I don't buy from cafes any more as 90% of the time its disappointing compared to what I can make at home. The only issue is it needs repairing every couple of years and we had to have our machine replaced. I guess in a machine with heat, seals and pressure it is normal to require regular maintenance so overall very happy with it and would definitely buy again.

JTem
JTemSydney9 posts

Awesome

I love this machine. It looks good, it works good and I can't live without it. Nothing beats proper coffee and to be able to make it at home is awesome. It really encourages you to get involved in making coffee as the reward is so great. I don't think anything comes close at this price.

Sven
Sven4 posts

Great coffee machine if you can get it for around the $1000 mark

This is the ideal coffee machine for someone wanting to get a little more into the art of coffee making. Great if you can get the duo as there are so many things that you can do to customise the way you make your coffee. You wont go back to instant coffee after this!

Tom C
Tom CBrisbane5 posts

Going strong after 9 months making 6+ coffees a day

Our household has a caffeine problem and so far this machine has kept us alive. Grinder has a lot of customisation by adjusting the internal burr grinder settings along with a fine/coarse selector for bean to bean variance. Having a dual boiler is a time saver especially for making a lot of coffees at once.

Jayson L
Jayson LVICGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC9 posts
Shippy
ShippyMelbourne5 posts

Great coffee

I have had this combo for about 6 months and overall very satisfied. The machine heats very quickly, the grinder is highly adjustable and consistent.

The machine pulls nice shots and consistent. The water reservoir is large enough that it doesn't need constant refilling, it is overall easy enough to keep clean.

Couple of negatives, would prefer if the shots were volume based rather than time based. You need to keep an eye on the shot particularly between fresh beans to ensure the correct shot. I have some trouble at times with 'wet pucks' but this is not a deal breaker.

BenNewcastle4 posts

Great Coffee, use it 5 times a day

We had been using the older version of this for 4 years until it started malfunctioning. This newer model seems to have some improvements to avoid the problems of the previous one. So far it has made hundreds of great coffees. Often when going to a new coffee place we get dissapointed that we could have made a better coffee at home.

Adrien
AdrienMelbourne4 posts
  Dynamic Duo BEP920

A few issues, but when it works it makes great coffee

A great machine when it works. Purchased almost a year ago, and for the most part it works very well. Fairly easy to play with to get a coffee that is your own and tastes great. Grinder is excellent. However in the last few months the coffee machine has had some problems and occassionally did not work on demand. The coffee machine also seems to be getting louder when it pours. Steam wand is good. Hot water comes out slowly.

Slim
Slim6 posts
  Dynamic Duo BEP920

Feel like a barista at home

Ive had one of these machines for about six months now and am quite happy with it. It warms up quickly and makes a very nice coffee, you can also make two at once. I like to rince the tray out every couple days so it is never too hard to clean.

My favourite Feature of the machine is the built in wheels which deploy with the turn of a nob, this makes it very easy to move around the bench for cleaning and refilling the water tank if you decide to not use the in built funnel.

As for the grinder, i have not yet used it but it seems to be top quality.

joe
joeWAPerth, WA6 posts
  Verified Dynamic Duo BEP920

very good machine

This is a very good package coffee machine. It is the best one i bought ever. Can not with out it everyday. very good value for what you can get inside the package. Love breville!!!

Easy to clean with the coffee machine cleaning tablet. Hope you enjoy it as well

Cindy
CindyCanberra7 posts

Good coffee maker

I got this as a housewarming gift from my brother and I've been using it for almost a year now. It does what it is supposed to do and it is super easy to operate. The only problem I had with this was after about four months when I first got it, something broke. When I had it checked, I was told that it was the seal distributor. After a quick replacement, everything worked perfectly again.

Mikaela
MikaelaPerth
  Dynamic Duo BEP920

Can’t get a good espresso

I’m a qualified barista and recently purchased this machine after I moved house. For six months now I have tried so hard to get a good shot - from changing grind size to preinfusion to tamp pressure and still my coffee is undrinkable. I’ve tried several style of beans to ensure it wasn’t the type I was using, and still the same result. Really think for the price you pay for this machine, you can get something so much better. Generally a breville fan, but not when it comes to this machine. Save your money or get something worth the price.

Semi-Automatic and Manual Coffee Machines

Find out how Breville Dynamic Duo BEP920 compares to other Semi-Automatic and Manual Coffee Machines

Naverbeen
NaverbeenSydney5 posts

Office coffee machine

Bought this for the office as we all need caffeine at work. 3-4 people using it per day to make coffee. Had to replace the seal distributor after about 6 months. Wasn't too hard to do but it still leaks occasionally.

It's really easy to use which is great for all the non-baristas in the office.

Richard
RichardVICGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC4 posts
  Dynamic Duo BEP920

Great Machine, great coffee, but regular faults

I previously had the earlier model - BES800 i think and although this was a great machine and made great coffee It needed to be repaired once under warranty and twice thereafter to fix a faulty solenoid valve and pump. At nearly $300 a time this became quite expensive. When it failed a fourth time I decided to buy a new one and take out extended warranty so I now have 2 years manufactured warranty and then a further 4 years extended warranty where they will replace the entire unit if faulty.

Mark
MarkAdelaide5 posts

Outstanding value and performance

Once dialled in, this combination is capable of producing exceptional quality coffee. The grinder is consistent and the portafilter holder is very convenient. As the machine is a dual-boiler, it allows a shot extraction and milk steaming at the same time.

The machine allows a lot of customisation which is great for perfecting the taste and feel of the coffee. The milk steaming wand is not overly powerful like a commercial machine, but I think that is a good thing as it allows more control. It is also more than capable for texturising milk for latte art.

Many of my friends rave about the coffee that I make and consider it better than a lot of cafes.

Highly recommend.

James L
James LQLDSouth East Queensland, QLD2 posts
  Dynamic Duo BEP920

It is excellent! Our staff love it!

We replace the old coffee machine with Breville Dynamic Duo BEP920 in our office. Surprisingly, it is user-friendly. Every staff in the office has no complaints or issue operating the machine. It is easy to setup as well. The instructions given are clear. In terms of steaming process, I can steam enough milk for two 220mL cups in about 45-60 seconds. The machine turns off when idle for a couple of hours. No need to sit at the office worrying if we turn the machine off. The machine has a hot water dispenser, I use it to heat up the cup sometime. There's a nice silicon finger ring attached to the steam wand that allows moving it without burning yourself. Overall experience is very good. No complaint!

taz
tazTASHobart, TAS12 posts
Jimbo
Jimbo5 posts

Fantastic Grinder

The grinder has improved my home made coffee. It allows me to precisely control the fineness of the grind as well as the amount, getting a consistent result every time. The controls allow very fine adjustment to change the quantity as well as how tight the grind is. The bottom tray removes so you can wash it out easily.

Robert M
Robert MBrisbane4 posts
  Dynamic Duo BEP920

Coffee machine of the ages

The Breville is a fantastic buy is has all the bells and whistles you need for great coffee at home. The grinder is perfect for semi automated grind and amount. This is a great combo that's making its way into the top home coffee machines, I have had it now for over a year and is still making great shots!

christina
christina3 posts
  Dynamic Duo BEP920

This is very beautiful. I bought a red one. It is excellent, easy to use

I am happy with the taste of the coffee. It is easy to use and you should to buy filters to clean it up when it says you should clean me. I bought a red one. It looks so beautiful. You should buy it with the grander. It matches well.

Kevin
KevinMelbourne8 posts
Ben7 posts
  Dynamic Duo BEP920

Perfect coffee every morning! Better than most cafes

I've been making my own espresso coffee for many years now after doing a barista training course. Last year my sunbeam em6910 died and I replaced it with the breville dynamic duo. It is better in every way. Better pour, much better milk texturing and a lot quieter for when you don't want to wake up the family (although still fairly loud but the sunbeam was very loud)

It hasn't missed a beat and has been very easy to clean and maintain. I would replace it with the same if I ever needed to

Semi-Automatic and Manual Coffee Machines

clew10
clew10Sydney6 posts

Just love the combo!

Very happy with the dynamic duo although they take up a fair bit of bench space. I was a little worried about operating the machine as it is my first manual machine, however found with a little trial and error I was able to master coffee to my taste relatively quickly! I haven't quite mastered the microfoam on milk texturing but I think I am getting close! The machine is really well made, very solid and all components feel like a premium level product.

Braden
BradenNewcastle3 posts
  Verified Dynamic Duo BEP920
Bev361
Bev3612 posts
  Dynamic Duo BEP920

Bad

I have today purchased my first coffee machine for $1,300.00 and I unpacked it with pride only to discover that the steam wand doesn't even work. Then i find this site and other people have had the exact same problem. When you turn it on all it does is beep at you.

Why would Breville continue to sell a machine that continually doesn't work. Now I have to pack it all back up into the box and lug it back to the store and get my money back. I zhould have bought the Delongi!!

I will never ever buy another Breville product.

prydey
prydeyAdelaide7 posts
  Dynamic Duo BEP920

All the features at an affordable price

I upgraded to a bes920 from a bes900. The 900 had a couple of small issues like the handle falling out during extraction and the puck sticking to the shower screen, and its good to see Breville has fixed these issues for the 920. These are great coffee machines with all the features of much more expensive machines. Some tend to turn their nose up at these 'domestic appliance' brands, but I certainly can't complain about my 920. Its a great machine that makes great coffee, as long as you have a good grinder and fresh beans.

Sam