Breville Handy Mix & Store LHM150

Breville Handy Mix & Store LHM150

MPN: LHM150SIL

Stand Mixers Buying Guide

Whether you want to splash the cash on a premium KitchenAid mixer or find the best affordable stand mixer from Kmart, here are some buying considerations to throw into the mix.

Read now
Buying Guide Banner

• Safety
Chinh N.

Chinh N.Perth, WA

Don’t buy

Used only 2 times and The beater got loose. Can’t use anymore. The Anko hand mixer from Kmart last even longer, have used it for 3 years without any problem

Purchased in February 2020 for $59.00.

Jacki

JackiDarwin, NT

Disappointing

Bought this ages ago and it's been sitting in my cupboard ever since. I only use it for beating cream - which it does nicely - but it's just not suitable for anything else. The retractable cord just about took an eye out because I didn't see the warning as it's written in tiny letters and hidden underneath where the plug sits.

Purchased in February 2019 for $50.00.

Can't Use - No Low Speeds

I really hoped this would be a handy kitchen appliance, purchased with a birthday voucher, but I simply can't use it. I've used it twice and could not control it. Its way too strong to use for mixing with no slow speed - there with no difference in speed at all. The ingredients fly out of the bowl and I can't keep it steady without hurting my hand.

Purchased in March 2020 at JB Hi-Fi for $40.00.

Benchtop Food Mixers

Find out how Breville Handy Mix & Store LHM150 compares to other Benchtop Food Mixers

QuiltyM

QuiltyMGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Great little unit

Great for whipping cream, making cheesecake or making a medium size cake when I can't be bothered getting out my big Kenwood. Beats the cream much faster than the Kenwood too.
Bit scary as it feels like it's going to run away with you but you get used to it.
I wouldn't bother using the dough hooks but the beaters for the light stuff are great. Very easy to clean & I like being able to put everything back in the storage unit. The power cord retracts so it stays neat.

Purchased in March 2020 at Harvey Norman for $45.00.

No low speed.

Good idea as a package but way to fast on low seed . Does not seem to be much difference between low and high. Mixes well otherwise, hope it lasts as long as mu old sunbeam .25years

Purchased in August 2020 at The Good Guys Online store for $59.99.

Patty

PattyDrouin

Love the mixer however the re-tractable cord is dangerous

The performance of the mixer is great and has it's own storage container.
Performance wise it is the best mixer I have owned, Unfortunately the retractable cord flicked up and hit me hard on my lip causing a small cut and swelling. Hence why I have given a low score. It is not a product I'd buy as a gift due to the issue I found with the retractable cord.

Purchased in May 2020 for $60.00.

Great in the brief time it lasted

This is a fabulous product right up until it breaks. I had it for a couple of years of very occasional use. Unfortunately the on/off button has come loose and now is stuck in one mode.

Purchased in April 2018 for $60.00.

Amanda

AmandaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Can't fault it

Mixer works well and storage container for everything is fantastic. Purchased this after having some issues with a stand alone mixer. Compact, portable and a great buy for the price. I have always found Breville appliances to be really reliable.

Purchased in December 2019 at Harvey Norman for $50.00.

MortishiaMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Perfect kitchen companion

For a little hand mixer, this one sure packs a punch. There are so many positives. It is powerful and portable. An added bonus is the storage container. Stores both sets - beaters/kneading.
A perfect companion when needed for something quick ie. cupcakes, whisking etc.
Am so satisfied with the little addition to my kitchen appliances. Does what the major mixer does on in pocket size.

Purchased in August 2019 at Myer.

zanney69

zanney69Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Wow where has this mixer been my whole life

Purchased in June 2019 at Harvey Norman Online for $44.00.

Mid C

Mid CHobart, TAS

Good value for money, easy to use.

I think this hand mixer is one of the best value for price and quality. The functions are simple and it pulls apart easily. The lower setting could be a bit slower. I would say this is the only real downside.

Motor seems to handle everything fine and I don't think it's too noisy. The build quality is good, but I'd prefer less of a plastic housing. Other than that the attachments work well and it whips up cream and beats eggs in no time. The storage attachment is also really hand as it keep everything in one place.

Purchased in June 2019 at Myer for $54.95.

Teresa N

Teresa NHobart, TAS

No slow speed

I’ve had this mixer for about 6 months and used it 3 times . Whipping cream splattered across kitchen. Mixing muffins flour went everywhere. It looks so good and nice retractable power cord but I now regret throwing out my $12 mixer from Coles . I wish I could return it and have tried giving it away no one wants it though. Maybe I have a faulty one but I won’t be buying anything from breville again.

Great product idea, but...

This mixer has all the expected features, plus a clip-on storage unit for the beaters and whisks. When we went to us it on a very soft mix (tuna and cream cheese) we found that, unlike our old mixer, the slowest speed is still way too fast, consequently food splattered around the sink etc. Really needs 2 much lower speeds.

Purchased in July 2019 at Briscoes for $149.00.

JMAC30

JMAC30Perth, WA

Excellent lightweight, compact hand mixer

This hand mixer is lightweight, easy to use and compact. Keeping the beaters and dough hooks in a storage area which clips onto the hand mixer is excellent and with the retractable power cord makes for tidy, compact storage. Excellent alternative to getting out my big Kenwood and is powerful enough for small and medium sized mixing. Easy to use, good range of speeds and I love the 'booster' option. The 'how to use' booklet has some great recipes. Thanks Breville for another excellent small appliance.

Purchased in May 2019 at Harvey Norman for $44.00.

Tess_x

Tess_xSydney Surrounds, NSW

Great Little Mixer

Compact and light little mixer. Absolutely love the retractable cord and the storage compartment for the beaters and dough hooks is a great idea.... keeping everything in the one place.

Purchased in December 2018 for $36.00.

Masterchef

MasterchefCentral, SA

Nice and Handy

Another beaut small Appliance from Breville. Good accessories include retractable power cord, Beaters and Dough hook stored underneath in plastic container. Use, clean and store. So easy to use for small cooking uses instead of getting my Breville Bakery Boss out. Easy to clean and store away.All in all a beaut small appliance from Breville

Date PurchasedNov 2018
IronMaiden

IronMaidenBowral

A Good Little Hand Mixer

I was after a small light hand mixer for doing small jobs rather than setting up and cleaning my Kenwood.
Not a powerful unit so don't expect it to mix large amounts, comes with two beaters and dough hooks, has five speeds and a boost button, ideal for small whipping and mixing jobs, including cake mix and scones.
A bonus is the cord retracts into the handle and the beaters and dough hooks are stored in a container that clips to the bottom of the unit.

Date PurchasedMar 2018