Breville Kitchen Wizz 8 BFP560SIL

Breville Kitchen Wizz 8 BFP560SIL Questions & Answers

VerifiedMPN:BFP560SIL
Meena S.
Meena S.

Will this be good for cutting dates, almonds and cashews?

Karine

Just purchased a Breville Wizz and Store LFP460GRY from Big W. Just used this to make my Nut Balls and noticed that the nuts are not ground very finely. The quantity was small for my nut balls. Do I need to grind for longer? Will the machine hold? My next attempt will be for nut butter. Quantity for this will be 2 cups worth. Am I able to grind the nuts finely without burning out the machine? I did notice that the ground nuts for my nut ball were rather coarse. Ok for nut balls but not for nut butter. So my question is if I leave the nut butter for a longer grind will I burn out the machine?

Karen B.

I make peanut butter every two weeks, machine not burnt out yet, but it is starting to make a strange noise after 2 years of nut butters. I make enough for two jars at once

Karen
Thnx for that quick reply. I probably make 1.5 bottles every 4 weeks? Used to have a Cuisineart 4cup chopper/grinder which broke as I dropped it. Oops!!! I used it 1st time making a small batch of nutballs. The machine doesn't seem to handle small amounts well, would that be right? I hope my nut butter turns out ok.

Jessica
Jessica

Can I make natural nut butter, without adding oil or anything else? Just the nut...

Karen B.

Yes, I make peanut butter every two weeks. But I can’t say about other nuts as I have only ever tried peanut butter

Loretta
Loretta

Are you able to get the juicer attachments with the BFP560SIL ( for juicing oranges)?

Candace

Is the cord retractable in the 8 plus model?

Candace

Thanks Karen. Do you just poke the cord into the hole for storage? As there looks like there is space there for the cord.

Kelly H.

Can I buy a blender jug for my kitchen wizz 8 BFP560SIL?

No, the only replacement part available is the bowl and blades for the wizz 8
However, you could contact breville to see if any of their other blenders will fit the wizz 8, as blender jugs are available to purchase as spare parts.
I would contact them directly as even they the blender jug isn't listed as a spare, they may be able to offer it to you

Kelly H.

Thanks. I did contact breville direct and have ordered the blender jug for the Kitvhen Wizz 8 Plus which they told me will fit my product. It works out cheaper than buying the whole 8 Plus Unit also,

Bruce H.
Bruce H.

Hi Kelly, I need a replacement Jug for my Kitchen Wizz 8 Plus. Do you know which spare jug from Breville fits?

Trish
Trish

Hi I have just purchased a BFP580SIL and wondering how you would dice vegies or potatoes to make chips?? if it cant can you purchase additional blades?

Karen B.

nope no chips but you could make chunky 'rounds' as you can adjust the width the blade cuts, and to my knoweldge their is no addtional thing to purchaseto achieve chips

Lindan

Hi wondering how you chop vegetables. Tried today on new machine and it just mushed them and all uneven . Also can someone explain the 3 speeds. Found the book to be not very helpful

BOB
BOB

If ur using the quad blade it will chop them very finely or mush them
U will need to use the other attachment ( its round )which has one adjustable blade - be very careful with it as the blade is very sharp - u can adjust ( using the nob under the disc ) how big it will slice ur veges.

Pete
Pete

If ur using the quad blade it will chop them very finely or mush them

Lindan

Thanks Pete but thats slice not chop. I went to david jones and the machine cant chop

Paula
Paula

Does this product dice vegetables?
Does this product peel sweet potatoes and/or carrots?

JaneF20

It does dice vegetables provided you cut them into long, narrow strips. I haven't bothered with the peeler function, but I'm certain that it will not peel carrots. You need the produce to be all a similar size. Sweet potatoes are rather too long for this peeler function.

Lorraine
Lorraine

Is the unit capable of chopping semi dried, dried, or softened “packet “ fruit such as apples, bananas, apricots, mangoes, etc

JaneF20

The unit is very strong and will have no problem with fruit.

Debra
Debra

Would this machine make coconut butter efficiently?

Kelly C.
Kelly C.

Is this machine any good for crushing biscuits?

JaneF20

While I haven't done this myself my guess is you would have to use the pulse action or you would end up with crumbs very quickly. It is a strong machine. The pulse action makes it easy to control the speed of the blades.

griffsone
griffsone

Do you have any brevilles where the spindle is not attached to the bowl. I bought a breville superwizz in 1979 and it has only just died. I heard there is a pto lem with the bowls crackjng around the spindle.

katejim1

the spindle comes out with the blade, leaving a small "knob" in the centre. My bowl has not cracked and it gets a lot of use. I am impressed with it as we had a Braun multipractic bought in March 1990, died in jan 2018. not made anymore. The breville has been very good.

Pete K.
Pete K.

Blades and spindle come apart from the bowl so that everything can be given a good clean.
We just put everything into the dishwasher ( top draw ) no problems so far as long as the bowl is left to dry as some water does get into the handle

Cheryle P

Can you put pieces of frozen banana in? My thoughts are damage to the blades or plastic bowl.

katejim1

I don't see why not. I haven't done this but I used to make smoothies with my old machine with no issues.

Cheryle P

My daughter was using Frozen banana pieces, inch and half long. Frozen solid, hard as ice.

misswendy
misswendy

Does this machine purée beans eg.g red kidney beans without the liquid. My current machine is terrible and I have to constantly scrape the sides down as it doesn’t reach it all.

katejim1

I have never tried pureeing beans, but it is worth a try, may not make a smooth puree maybe just use a couple spoons of liquid. I would be interested if it works.
we use this machine for so many things, it is very useful and versatile

Mandy
Mandy

The inside of the handle gets wet when the processor bowl gets washed and it nevers dries out, it is always filled with water drops and condensation. And the outer grey bit of the handle doesn't seem to be removable. Does anyone else have this problem?

blacklabrador
blacklabrador

A Product Review for one of the other Breville models - not sure which one? - mentioned mould in their processor which - from memory - was not very old. Perhaps check out the reviews of some of the other models ... it sounded a lot like your issue? ... and again from memory, I don't think Breville saw fit to resolve their issue.

Get an answer from our members and Breville representatives