Breville Mini Wizz BFP100

12 questions from our users

Danielle H.

Danielle H.asked

Hi there

I bought this in January and only just attempted to use it - it won’t even turn on? I am certain I am assembling it correctly as I know it won’t work unless it is but not sure if there is something else I can try?

The only part of assembly I am unsure of is clipping the release tab down - it shows in the pic the person pressing the button to lock it but I’ve found I need to press it down manually and the button simply unlatches it - other than that everything is done by the book.

Any help is appreciated.

Haydee

Haydeeasked

Can i make almond meal out of this food processor? I wanted to make a macarons

Sue

Sueasked

I have just purchased the Breville Mini Wizz BFP100. I found the chop function is not working, (am suing the correct blade).
The whisk and grind functions are working. Please advise?

BrevilleBreville

Sorry to hear this, please contact Breville Support directly for replacement options at 1 300 139 798. We can also be reached online via: https://www.breville.com.au

kong

Dora

Doraasked

Will it crush linseeds?

tomh

Have never used it for this - but I doubt it, linseeds are too small for most food processors. Suggest a coffee bean mill or grinder for small, hard items.

Saehee Jang

Saehee Jangasked

what's the maximum quantity this wizz can handle when preparing baby first food?

About 1 cup (250mL)

Shelltoxx

Shelltoxxasked

Will it blend? I'm trying to replace my blender - which I only ever use to blend chicken liver pâté - but not sure if this will whizz it fine enough. Happy to do it in numerous batches. And also, would it cope with making pesto?

DanielC

Yes, it is the same as a normal food processor, only smaller. It's designed for doing small jobs like sauces, baby food and pesto, which wouldn't be effcient in a big processor, unless you were doing large quantities.

Passionfruit

It will whizz to puree like baby food if you whizz it long enough. It happily whizzes small amounts - like 1-2 cm of banana chunks. It gets stuck if you feed it too much. Needs to be slow and steady. :)

BrevilleBreville

The Breville Mini Wizz BFP100 will be able to make pate in small batches. We suggest waiting a few minutes in between each batch. It can also make pesto too!

Beeb

Beebasked

Can I use it to make nut butter? Eg, peanuts, almond etc.

DanielC

No. I wanted to do that too, but unfortunately, even though it has a "Grind" setting, it won't grind it finely enough to spread, even if you add olive oil.

BrevilleBreville

Hi Beeb, you can grind peanuts in the Mini Wizz but it is not suitable for heavy load processing tasks such as nut butter.

Peter1283

Peter1283asked

Can it handle fetta cheese and if so in what quantity.

DanielC

Yes. If broken into pieces and filled no more than about half way.

Passionfruit

Standard fetta cheese sizes (the cube ones) are small enough to fit without needing to be broken into pieces. You can maybe put about 3-6 at once. It's better to put smaller than bigger quantities as bigger quantities can make it become stuck and wouldn't grind/ chop. As you put 3 and grind a bit, then add another 1-2 as you go along.

E58

E58asked

Will it blend berries to make smoothies?
Will it blend chickpeas to make hummus?

Passionfruit

Yes, berries shouldn't be a problem unless your berries has seeds - in which case, the seeds should be removed first. Chickpeas - no issues.

Jane1412

Jane1412asked

Will it crush a a packet of Marie biscuits to make a slice?
Puree at full orange that had been cooked?

DanielC

Hi Jane 1412. The machine would handle the biscuits easily, but it would probably only manage half a pack, or a bit less, at a batch. The orange should be fine in one go, as long as you diced it into 8 pieces first.

BrevilleBreville

The Breville Mini Wizz is capable of crushing Marie biscuits but will need to be done in batches. It is also capable of processing a cooked orange when cut into quarters first.

Jessica74

Jessica74asked

I need a food processor to make macaroons, will this one be sufficient?

DanielC

The processor is more than capable of the job. Depends though on the volume of the batter you're looking to make. The capacity is not big.

Passionfruit

I'm not sure what is involved in making macaroons. But i can tell you it's good enough to mince garlic, chop small amounts of carrot, celery, that kind of thing. This is quite a small machine too.

Get an answer from our members and Breville representatives