Breville Mini Wizz BFP100

Breville Mini Wizz BFP100 (page 2 of 2)

MPN: BFP100WHT
2.5 from 37 reviews · View Details

2.5

• Product is used
  • Safety
Sally

SallyGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Really useless..

Was given this as a gift. Have used it 2 times and persevered, but tried yesterday and it's a dud. It has no ability to chop anything & no matter which button you press it struggles to move & sounds the same. Dissapointingly I had to resort to a rolling pin & chopping board to crush my biscuits. I have numerous excellent Breville branded appliances, but this one doesn't live up to their usual standards!

Date PurchasedMar 2016
Stevo45

Stevo45NSW, 2550

Poor quality gearbox - Yep !!

"As others have reported, the small plastic-geared gearbox is poorly designed and inadequate for the job. My mini wizz failed after two years and thus out of warranty. On disassembly it was clear the gearbox internals had disintegrated. The remainder of the unit appears of reasonable build quality but because of the gearbox purchase is not recommended."

I agree with the above - Even if the small plastic gears (or the gear assembly) were available, that would help..

Our Mini Wizz BFP100 worked well for a while (my favourite blitzer) but the gears broke way too easily...

Date PurchasedJan 2014
BrevilleBreville

Hi Stevo45 - the design team receives these notifications and appreciates feedback. Thanks, the Breville team

Diana

Dianasycney

Wont work and something is wrong

I purchased this item from bing lee, it worked for the first time and now I am trying to chop and it does not make contact. It is as if something is missing on the lid. I put the container and then the balde and then lock in lid and guess what??? nothing, dead.

BrevilleBreville

Hi Diana - please contact customer service for advice 1300 139 798. Thanks, the Breville team

tomh

tomhAU

Poor quality gearbox

catlopag

catlopag

Bad quality

I've had mine for 3y, have used it occasionally and I'm very careful with it. It stopped working suddenly (revolving) and my dad wanted to see what was wrong. Firstly, they make it so you can't easily open it yourself, so you have to take it to their shop for a fix. We managed to open it. Secondly, the gear box has one metal part against 3 plastic pins that roll around it. Clearly they had to be metal, but they've saved some money and therefore the plastic bits have all been devoured by the metal, hence why it doesn't work anymore. For the price, I really see no reason for this, it should be built to last.

Doesn't chop!

We were given one as a gift and while the compact size is handy, and it works ok for soft purées, it basically can't chop anything. Not even a tomato or capsicum. Could not recommend.

Remco

RemcoWestern Australia

Poor product

I am an occasional user and it is cheap. Within three uses it failed and was replaced under warranty. A dozen uses later, it failed again. Sounds like stripped gears again. Perhaps it is being used beyond its capacity and so will give Breville the benefit of doubt with three stars.
So buy one for very light use and dont stretch it (like using for a biscuit mix).
Small, compact and cheap
Prone to failure. Use for dry light mixtures.

Very dangerous

BrevilleBreville

Hi, I will ask our engineering team to look into this issue.

gabz
gabz

oh no I just bought one of these last night on sale. Wish I read reviews before my purchase. Now I'm debating whether I should return it. What a bad design fault! (sorry Breville)

DanielC

DanielCTAS, 7179

The right size for small jobs

Passionfruit

PassionfruitAU

Made of fragile plastic

Release catch broken less than 10 uses later (warranty lapsed - past 1 year) I now hold the safety catch down to use it. Still works but inconvenient.
It works, quite easy to clean
I was careful with it yet the release catch is already broken under 10 uses. Out of warranty - used it infrequently.

heroheroz

heroherozAU

OK

The size is a bit too small (yes, I know it is MINI wizz), I did my meat ball with this and have to do it 6 times. And becoz u have to do it so many times, when u take it out and put it back, the mix will easily get into the axis. Plus when I try different settings with those 6 trials and they all looks the same. Wish they got a week setting so my meal ball has better texture.
Doesnt take much space
Easy to wash
motor is strong
3 power settings doesnt have much difference
the power cable is too short
the mix sometimes get into the axis

jls083

jls083AU

Unhygienic

The way the blade is designed is terrible. I have had 2 blades and liquid from the food you blend gets stuck inside the plastic where the blade is bolted together.
Small, great for baby food.
Blade design, unhygienic.

Hithere12

Hithere12AU

This is perfect for any mum with young children as it blends and puree's food with ease. It has a combination of three functions that are commonly needed in any kitchen. The chopper allows you to chop food to any degree you require. The whisk is great for cakes, batters and creams. And you can use the grider for not only the obvious coffee, but it also works well with herbs and nuts as well. This is compact and will be a gem in any kitchen.
Three in one compact product perfect for any kitchen. It has a good strong motor and gets the job done easily.

mg_cdac

mg_cdac

Good

Paula89

Paula89AU

I have a full size food processor, but I find that I generally just use my Mini Wizz these days. It's the perfect size for making curry pastes and is so easy to use. You have to hold down the buttons which means you can't walk away and forget about it and leave it on.
Small, doesn't take up my space in my cupboard. Strong. Will chop anything I need it to, quickly and easily. It has good safety features as well - the lid has to be locked on, plus the top bit clicked down (and the power switch on) before it will work.
None at all!

FluffyGirl

FluffyGirl

I love it, it doesnt take up much room, and chops, blends in a matter of seconds. Much better unit than the Bullet type choppers.
Small and strong

albated

albatedPerth, WA

Does a great job, easy to use, easy to clean and beats Sunbeam Mini Oska by miles well priced too
I didn't want anything which took up too much space as I only use this intermittently. This stores away very tidily.
Nothing did the job absolutely as I required it to do and would certainly recommend it to anyone.

See all Breville Mini Wizz BFP100 reviews

Danielle H.

Danielle H.asked

Hi there

I bought this in January and only just attempted to use it - it won’t even turn on? I am certain I am assembling it correctly as I know it won’t work unless it is but not sure if there is something else I can try?

The only part of assembly I am unsure of is clipping the release tab down - it shows in the pic the person pressing the button to lock it but I’ve found I need to press it down manually and the button simply unlatches it - other than that everything is done by the book.

Any help is appreciated.

Haydee

Haydeeasked

Can i make almond meal out of this food processor? I wanted to make a macarons

Sue

Sueasked

I have just purchased the Breville Mini Wizz BFP100. I found the chop function is not working, (am suing the correct blade).
The whisk and grind functions are working. Please advise?

BrevilleBreville

Sorry to hear this, please contact Breville Support directly for replacement options at 1 300 139 798. We can also be reached online via: https://www.breville.com.au

Get an answer from our members and Breville representatives