Breville The Oracle BES980

267 questions from our users

Carol

Carolasked

The Oracle BES980

I have the Oracle Touch BES990 and has been working without issue since April 2018.
I now have an error message ER 15 when turning on. Can you assist as to what does this mean.
I will also call Breville for assistance.

Xman

Xmanasked

Portafilter basket getting stuck
Every time I make a coffee the basket is getting stuck. It doesnt matter if I use a basket that is steal
And clearly
Not cracked it still gets stuck. Any ideas

Allen G.

Allen G.asked

The Oracle BES980

Sir good day what it means error code. (COER)?

Sonya

Sonyaasked

BES980BSS (Brushed Stainless Steel)

What issues should I be looking for - I have an opportunity to purchase a second hand Oracle for $650. Current owner says it needs a new filter and is a regrettable sale. Just wondering what other issues this machine tends to commonly have?

Dawn B.

Hi I have only had my Oracle Touch machine for a few weeks and found no issue to date. , but yes buy new filter was advised to do this as required.

Tonyasked

The Oracle BES980

Hello,I grind the coffee put under the dispenser press for coffee no water coming out

Dawn B.

Hi did you fill water tank and remove ground coffee to centre where you brew then press brew

Manda I.

Manda I.asked

The Oracle BES980

Please help me,my breville oracle appear have message error code what do I do?

Debbie P.

Debbie P.asked

The Oracle BES980

My steam wand won't turn off even after turning the power off . I had milk every where . Does any one no what's happened to my machine

frog

What does this mean Screen message CoEr

Futbol

Futbolasked

The Oracle BES980

Anyone know why there is a water drip coming out of shower screen of group head after making a shot. It looks like a leak or sometning and its causing the coffee puck to be very wet and muddy.

Jenni R.

Jenni R.asked

The Oracle BES980

My machine has an error 'coer'. The call centre is not open on the weekend. What do i do???

Jenni R.

Jenni R.asked

The Oracle BES980

My machine has an error code 'coer' call center is not open over the weekend!! What do I do???

Paul T.

Paul T.asked

The Oracle BES980

Im am trying to descale my machine and soon as i press the start button it comes up "BUSY"

Gale

Galeasked

Batch code?

Tim W.asked

The Oracle BES980

Group head did not lock into the bayonet of the grinder but nonetheless began to grind. Now the group head will not load into the grinder bayonet at all.

Tim W.

I've sorted it. There is a black plastic ring above the metal bayonet. That ring has two slots that align with the metal bayonet. Those slots had turned so that they did not align with the bayonet preventing the group head to slot in. When the ring was turned so the slots lined up with the bayonet the group head slotted in as per normal.

Kawa

Kawaasked

The Oracle BES980

After 3 years the machine tries to heat up the water above 93 degrees and does not go into the ready mode ( power button flushing and the other buttons are not illuminated)

Futbol

Futbolasked

The Oracle BES980

Had my machine for about 2 years and working fine. All of sudden the grind has been very fine and wont pour coffee out of group head. I use the same fresh coffee beans, cleaned grinder and burr and still having issues. Ive notice the grind on burr is set on 6. I moved it to 10 and now works when i have set my usual grind at 25. Will this be ok or do i need a replacent burr? Thanks

K K.

K K.asked

The Oracle BES980

When pouring a shot, my machine either doesn't rjn out both sides of the portafilter, just drips or both so you get hardly any coffee in the shot. Ran cleaning cylce, not improved, different grind sizes, not improved. Any ideas?

Cathy
Cathy

Maybe it is faulty? Mine works really well.

Christopher L.

Christopher L.asked

BES980BKS (Black Sesame)

Our Oracle touch [3 months old] operated flawlessly until 3 days ago can no longer produce a well tamped puck Even at grind setting 1 a single shot latte runs for 30 seconds and fills the glass as if for a very weak long Black Grind setting 9 - 8 previously produced a perfect shot for our preferred beans Any advice would be most welcome CJL

Erik M.

Erik M.asked

The Oracle BES980

Mine has recently started acting up.
When I push either 1,2 shots or water button. The pump is not turning on, no water comes out of spout.
So far it does seem to work right at startup when it just hits the operating temp. But if it sits for a while at operating temperature, then the pump will not start when any buttons the pushed.
The steam works fine.

Any idea what it may be? Is it a bad reading at a sensor that disables the pump? Or is something wrong with the pump?
Machine is about 3-4 years old and has shot counter is at 4000.

Have replaced some orings. But none appear to be leaking at the moment. I pulled off a solenoid the other day. But it looked so clean at the 2 spouts that I didn’t start taking it apart. Seemed like it wouldn’t be an issue.

Hopefully someone has some advice.
Thanks.

Get an answer from our members and Breville representatives