Breville The Oracle BES980

• Milk Frothing

Kris

KrisSydney, NSW

Perfect Machine

We bought our Breville Oracle during the promotion period in August but our Pablo coffee beans ran out within the first two weeks of the teething period. Wish we had been supplied more.

Purchased in August 2019.

Product is used Several times a week
Malibu_tan

Malibu_tanSouthwest, VIC

When it works, it's great. Sadly, it regularly doesn't work.

Purchased in December 2017 at Harvey Norman for A$2,200.00.

Jenna

JennaPerth, WA

White Glove Service makes this Coffee machine worth every cent!

Purchased in May 2019 at Harvey Norman for A$1,700.00.

Manual / Semi-Automatic Coffee Machines

Find out how Breville The Oracle BES980 compares to other Manual / Semi-Automatic Coffee Machines

Adam

AdamPerth, WA

Great upgrade, perfect coffee each time.

I’m based in Perth WA. Firstly I’ve just had the pleasure of having a white glove service at my house. The very pleasant and informative Emily helped me through my machines operations and made me an awesome coffee. This device was second to none and made buying the machine worth it.

I previously owned a Breville express machine which I had for just over 2 years, I wanted an upgrade to something with dual boiler and a little more auto.

I’ve had the oracle for 6 weeks and it’s been a pleasure to have. It makes consistently great coffee and the best milk.

I would buy another ( if I had the money) again.

Purchased in July 2019 at Harvey Norman for A$1,950.00.

chichi

chichiSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great coffee machine

Overall, I am pretty satisfied with this coffee machine. I use it almost everyday and it is easy to operate. Especially the auto grind/tamp function and the ability to simultaneously perform extraction and milk frothing , it saves me a lot of trouble/time compare to other coffee machines. The coffee it makes is at the right temperature as well. However, I've found inconsistency with the espresso extraction. Using the same coffee beans with the same grinding size/level, the amount of espresso extraction can be very different. Sometimes it's right, sometimes it's over-extracted. Other than this, it is a very good coffee machine for the family.

Purchased in January 2019 at Harvey Norman Retail Stores - Appliances for A$1,934.00.

Happy

HappyFar North Queensland, QLD

Perfect start to the morning

Purchased this machine several months ago and love it. So easy to use and never fails me. My morning cup is consistently good producing good crema and at just right temperature. Highly recommend it.

Purchased in December 2019.

GrinderBreville Smart Grinder BCG800
Anthony B

Anthony BGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Great Coffee easy

Bought this machine a few months ago having upgraded from a Nespresso Pod machine. cannot believe how easy it is to use. love the coffee after having experimented with a few different brands of beans. simple to clean. only issue so far has been the occasional spontaneous switch off of the machine in the middle of making coffee. has been checked by a repairer who was unable to duplicate issue

Purchased in February 2019 at JB Hi-Fi for A$1,876.00.

Cathy

CathySydney Surrounds, NSW

Cappucinos at home any time you want one.

Love this little machine. It makes the best cappucinos!! We use it everyday. The coffee comes out perfect everytime, not too hot and taste fabulous. We even take it on holidays with as we can not live without great coffee.

Purchased in June 2018 at Harvey Norman Retail Stores - Appliances for A$399.00.

Cathy

CathySydney Surrounds, NSW

Barista style coffee in your own home.

This is a great little machine. We have coffee every morning now we have this machine. We even take it away when we go on holidays as it is portable and we can not live with out our coffee.

Purchased in June 2018 at Harvey Norman Retail Stores - Appliances for A$499.00.

Graeme

GraemeIllawarra, NSW

Great Barista style coffee at home.

Great coffee made from your choice of beans. It grinds, tamps, and brews... and let’s you texture the milk to suit your preference and most important it’s easy to use.

Purchased in July 2019 at Harvey Norman Retail Stores - Appliances for A$3,100.00.

Product is used Daily

This is a follow-up review to my original comments on this coffee machine.

Purchased in April 2018.

Delphi Coracle
Delphi Coracle

I do NOT work for Breville. I am a retired photographer and coffee drinker.

Michael Chen

Michael Chen

Wouldn't buy this coffee machine

Purchased in September 2017 at Harvey Norman for A$3,000.00.

rensinoz

rensinozGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

After two years needing to spend $600 on repairs

Purchased in July 2017 for A$2,700.00.

Martin

MartinNew South Wales

Require a flathead?

This is the perfect machine to create the ultimate flathead or warren coffee. I wouldn't look anywhere else. Any other brews you make are also sensational, this machine can not be beated

Purchased in February 2018.

Rachael P.

Rachael P.South West, WA

Such good value for money

My daily job is a barista so I have high expectations in coffee and what I can get out of my coffee machine

This machine is perfect for me it has a hopper to put the beans in which it then grinds - you can change the grind to make it course or fine to get the best extraction out of it

The machine has the option to steam the milk for you which it does a good job or if you’re like me and prefer creamy silky milk you do it yourself

Easy to clean love it to bits

Purchased in July 2017 at Harvey Norman for A$2,500.00.

Octa

OctaGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Issue within 2 weeks of purchase

Purchased in March 2019 at Harvey Norman for A$2,000.00.

AndrewBrisbane

Two brand new units. Neither heat past 70 degrees

Brand new units setup per manual instructions. Neither heat past 70C. Myer were great and swapped but Breville aren’t available weekends. Tried turning off many times without success as others have suggested. Have reset the unit as well.

I can’t see what I’m missing. Any advice before I return it and go back to my previous brand?

Purchased in June 2019.

Breville
BrevilleBreville

Were you by chance filling the water tanks with demineralized water such as distilled or reverse osmosis? This is advised against by the instructions for a few reasons and may cause what you describe.

Andrew

No - general tap water which tested at level 2.

Breville
BrevilleBreville

And no flashing lights on the unit which might indicate it was attempting to heat, for example, if the steam wand was in a slightly active position, preventing it from reaching final temperature?

Victor S.

Victor S.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Faultless machine

I have owned my Oracle for about 18 months now. I can't express (get the pun) how great this machine is. I normally use the same bean blend from the same supplier. With the grind setting I have set it on it produces a perfect extraction with a massive crema. The milk frother also does a great job. It is easy to clean the machine. Because it is virtually automatic, once you have set it up to make a cup you can walk away and come back when it's done it's job.

Purchased in October 2017 at Harvey Norman for A$2,000.00.

DarrenB

DarrenBSydney Surrounds, NSW

Look forward to coffee every morning

Very happy with this coffee machine. It's so easy to use and makes wonderful cappuccinos. It's very helpful to be able to adjust the temperature and the frothiness of the milk. Our friends and family members can't get enough when they visit. Highly recommend!

Purchased in May 2018.

Saba01

Saba01South East Queensland, QLD

coffee addict

my Breville oracle is amazing the quality of machine is second to none , it performs exactly the same time after time , the cappuccinos,mocha,hot chocolates I pump out are incredible.
the coffee is always brewed at the perfect temperature , I would recommend this machine to everyone

Purchased in July 2017 at Harvey Norman Retail Stores - Electronics for A$2,995.00.

See all Breville The Oracle BES980 reviews

Liz

Lizasked

The Oracle BES980

We have a Breville The Oracle BES980. When we push the Power button to turn machine on, the machine reaches 93 degrees operating temperature (as usual) but the Power button flashed constantly and doesn’t stop. When we push the 1 cup button it beeps and wont filter water through.

There is also an ongoing gurgling noise coming from the inside of the machine, even when the machine is turned off.

We have turned off the machine for 1 hour and will try again.

Josh V.

Josh V.asked

The Oracle BES980

Hi guys,

I have had my Breville BES980 for 5 years now and love the machine. In the last few months, I have experienced a few issues that I can't seem to solve. The machine was bought in Australia and was sent to me as a wedding gift in France. The machine has been in use only in France

Below are some of the issues I have been facing.

1. My hot water function doesn't run water at all. Hasnt worked for 3 months.
2. When the machine has been on for 10min or so it starts making an extremely loud buzzing sound. This sound also occurs when the machine has been switched off and switched back on before the boliers have cooled down.
3. Steam wand stopped producing steam but is currently back work.
4. Directed by Sage support I was told my issues sound like a scale build up. He instructed me to descale the machine 3 more times to get the best results. Then followed up by saying if all this still doesn't help we can offer you the same machine for a discounted price of 40%.
5. Following the advice for Sage, I descaled the machine 3 more times. During the 5-minute freshwater flush stage, the power cut off. When I turn it back on the machine won't heat up over 70 degrees. I tried restarting the descale cycle again and the LCD screen gave me a VALV error. I turned the machine off overnight and the next day the machine was fully functioned (I didnt pour a coffee though). Then I drained the boilders as I the water inside was from the descaling cycle. During the draining stage, the electricity cut off. Now the machine cuts off my electricity from every PowerPoint/outlet in the house. I will try leaving the machine switched off overnight and see if the automatic reset stage fixes the issue.

Is there customer support for my Breville machine in France? and or Europe? I have contacted Sage in the UK and they initially told me to contact Breville in Australia. If I need the machine serviced, where can I get this done?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Josh.

hans m.

hans m.asked

BES980BSS (Brushed Stainless Steel)

The display shows:'service'. There is no reference in the manual. What does this mean?

Get an answer from our members and Breville representatives