Breville Quick Touch Crisp BMO700

Buying Guide Banner

Daly

Dalyadelaide

Not worth the pricetag

The thought was the more you spend on an appliance the better it'll be. Not so true in this case. It's not very powerful and very convoluted to use. It was quickly replaced by a budget kmart or target style microwave. Looks great on the counter but using it was too much hassle and took far too long to even heat a bowl of noodles.

Date PurchasedSept 2017
See all Breville Quick Touch Crisp BMO700 reviews

Tim M.

Tim M.asked

had the microwave not quite a week now and heated some milk in a mug for a few seconds to warm it before pouring coffee in with it and surprisingly (well it never happened to me before!) it didn't bubble over, it popper and splatted (1/4 of a cup) around the microwave

we cleaned as thoroughly as we could but were cautious about the ceiling area because of whatever the grill elements are there.
sure enough the next time we heated something a couple more drops of milk came down from the top.

its two days now and I tried to do a grilled pie but one minute into a 10 min cycle a burning smell emanated through the house. I used my phone to get photos and there are scorch marks on the white rod/bars that I presume are the grill but its behind metal mesh.

this is burnt on milk? how would that be cleaned ?
I've searched through all the manuals for this model and related models with grill function and its all "wipe generally with damp cloth) or the old " microwave a bowl of water mixed with lemon juice) - nothing that would clean this area

any information would be gold, too worried to use the device for anything involving grill right now

Udayan

I use a microfiber cloth or paper towel dipped in hot water to wipe clean the inside.

Udayan

I've tried the heating up water with lemon juice method before, and it doesn't work as they say, however, Rubbing clean with hot water works better from my experience.
For removing burnt milk, apply Cerapol, bam over cleaner, or Jif on the affected area to dislodge the stain and then clean it thoroughly by wiping it down with hot water. Make sure to clean it properly as these are a bit toxic.

PDD

PDDasked

I'd like to know whether you'll replace a $450 BMO700 that has stopped working after 13 months. Bing Lee couldn't care less. I wonder whether Breville does?

Boo

Booasked

I was told by Breville customer service to remove the reflective cardboard piece on the interior right Panay of the oven. Then told that it would not work without it. The piece tore when I removed it so I couldn’t put it back in place. They are sending me a replacement but the replacement model #BMO734XL does not have the crisper feature. Does anyone know where I might find this part? Breville said they no longer have parts for the BMO700

Duchess..
Duchess..

There is a Breville repair shop at Oxley Brisbane telephone 07 3379 5332 . it is a very old shop and he has hundreds of spare parts he may be able to help you . Mr Sparky Appliance Repairs . hope this helps .

See all Breville Quick Touch Crisp BMO700 questions

Get an answer from our members and Breville representatives

CategoryMicrowaves