Breville Quick Touch Crisp BMO700

Read now
Buying Guide Banner

MaxG

MaxGMount Hallen

More suited for a one-person environment

Date PurchasedMay 2018
chylld1

chylld1Sydney, NSW

Easy to use, great features

I normally only ever use the quick 30s/1m button on any microwave but this is the first one that brings extra functionality that is not only easy to use, but actually works.

Food is heated evenly and pastry is the crispiest I've ever had from a microwave, though not quite good enough to replace my oven/airfryer.

At 900W the power is a bit weaker than I'm used to, but it's easy to adjust cooking times slightly.
Really well thought through product.

March 2018 update: 8 months on, the microwave is making strange 'howling' noises and is taking a lot longer to heat up food. Hoping Breville Support can help...

Date PurchasedJuly 2017
Debellate

Debellate

Good features, let down by the low power rating

Just bought this microwave last month. It has a good design and the stainless steel looks very nice, however the glaring problem with this appliance is its low 900W power rating. As a microwave whose primary purpose is to heat up food quickly, this is a bit disappointing. Food just takes way too long to heat up!

Date PurchasedJune 2017
Microwaves

Find out how Breville Quick Touch Crisp BMO700 compares to other Microwaves

See all Breville Quick Touch Crisp BMO700 reviews

Tim M.

Tim M.asked

had the microwave not quite a week now and heated some milk in a mug for a few seconds to warm it before pouring coffee in with it and surprisingly (well it never happened to me before!) it didn't bubble over, it popper and splatted (1/4 of a cup) around the microwave

we cleaned as thoroughly as we could but were cautious about the ceiling area because of whatever the grill elements are there.
sure enough the next time we heated something a couple more drops of milk came down from the top.

its two days now and I tried to do a grilled pie but one minute into a 10 min cycle a burning smell emanated through the house. I used my phone to get photos and there are scorch marks on the white rod/bars that I presume are the grill but its behind metal mesh.

this is burnt on milk? how would that be cleaned ?
I've searched through all the manuals for this model and related models with grill function and its all "wipe generally with damp cloth) or the old " microwave a bowl of water mixed with lemon juice) - nothing that would clean this area

any information would be gold, too worried to use the device for anything involving grill right now

Udayan

I use a microfiber cloth or paper towel dipped in hot water to wipe clean the inside.

Udayan

I've tried the heating up water with lemon juice method before, and it doesn't work as they say, however, Rubbing clean with hot water works better from my experience.
For removing burnt milk, apply Cerapol, bam over cleaner, or Jif on the affected area to dislodge the stain and then clean it thoroughly by wiping it down with hot water. Make sure to clean it properly as these are a bit toxic.

PDD

PDDasked

I'd like to know whether you'll replace a $450 BMO700 that has stopped working after 13 months. Bing Lee couldn't care less. I wonder whether Breville does?

Boo

Booasked

I was told by Breville customer service to remove the reflective cardboard piece on the interior right Panay of the oven. Then told that it would not work without it. The piece tore when I removed it so I couldn’t put it back in place. They are sending me a replacement but the replacement model #BMO734XL does not have the crisper feature. Does anyone know where I might find this part? Breville said they no longer have parts for the BMO700

Duchess..
Duchess..

There is a Breville repair shop at Oxley Brisbane telephone 07 3379 5332 . it is a very old shop and he has hundreds of spare parts he may be able to help you . Mr Sparky Appliance Repairs . hope this helps .

See all Breville Quick Touch Crisp BMO700 questions

Get an answer from our members and Breville representatives

CategoryMicrowaves