Breville Smart Toast

Breville Smart Toast Questions & Answers

BTA845, BTA825, BTA830, etc...

64 questions from our users

holsum10

holsum10asked

Smart Toast

When you insert the crumpets into toaster and press the crumpet button twice the light blue turns to dark blue, what does this do, i tried it and it didn’t cook the front of my crumpet ??

Kev H
Kev H

The 'Crumpet' setting on the toaster directs more heat to the center heating elements, to brown the top of the crumpet & avoid burning the bottom. This is activated by pressing the crumpet button once, crumpet mode indicated by a white light. Pressing the button twice (indicated by a dark blue light around the switch) returns the setting to normal toasting, without the extra heat to the center heating elements. That is why your crumpet top was not browned.

Hope this helps.

Kev

Paulineasked

Smart Toast

Brand new toaster first time used and the lever won’t stay down.

Murat
Murat

Is it the smart toaster ie the bread is lowered electronically & not spring operated? If its brand new, ask for an exchange or a refund. Dont bother repairing it either way. The Smart toaster doesnt have a lever, hence the question. With mine the toast button got stuck in the 'On' position which eventually damaged the unit. If you can obtain a full refund, do so & purchase the KitchenAid 4 slice toaster. More expensive but far better product.

Pauline

Thanks for your info. I returned it this morning and Bing Lee exchanged it for another one. They tested it for me as well so all good.

Ellie

Ellieasked

Smart Toast BTA845

All lights flashing and toast will not lift

Michael F.

Michael F.asked

Smart Toast BTA825

Stetting at 3 but LCD displays full setting & toast is burned black. Warranty 5 months at 5 months.
Michael

Geoff Costello
Geoff Costello

Shouldn't happen unless you have it accidently on the crumpet setting, which will do that on one side?

Michael F.

Michael F.asked

Smart Toast BTA825

Why is Call Center in Australia not working?

Jane S.asked

Smart Toast

The sliding light scale on my toaster comes on and off intermittently when the toaster is not in use. Toaster is about 3 years old, this issue has just started. Can it be fixed? Is there a risk of it “shorting” or causing a fire? I have always regularly cleaned the crumb tray and turn it upside down to shake out crumbs.

Fired Up

Don’t use until you have contacted the company

Sue A.
Sue A.

My toaster has been doing the same thing, did you find any answer. I turn mine off from the power point when not in use for safety reasons.

Jane S.

no , no answer but do the same.

GingerSnapasked

Smart Toast

My Breville toaster will not pop up. Cancel button not working either. Thank you. Any help?

Unhappy customer
Unhappy customer

Take it back for a refund. Our first died within months as did the replacement. The elements died in both, started by not cooking along the bottom. Have gone back to a cheap toaster bought years ago which still works beautifully.

Contact them directly

GingerSnap

Thank you for the excellent advice. I contacted the company directly and they are sending me a replacement toaster. In the meantime, I bought a cheap $28 toaster that works beautifully. I'll keep it in the wings, just in case...
So funny because when I was growing up we had the same toaster for about thirty years and we made a LOT of toast !

bubbaz

bubbazasked

Smart Toast

I just bought Breville BTA730 "the look and lift Pro" and cannot find serial number so I can register product online?

Fired Up

Check the manual or ring them

john doe

john doeasked

Smart Toast

Toaster will not turn on at all. Breville model bta820xl. I emptied the crumb tray and plugged it in numerous times without any response. No blue light; no red light. TIA.any help?

Nimit Lasked

Smart Toast

After turn the unit upside down over a trash bin to clean the crumbs and plugging the power, BTA825 is flashing red lights and goes through a cycle of lowering down, elements come on and then raising up again 2 times before flashing lights commences.

Following below instruction from BREVILLE but is still not solving problem. Any suggesting please:e

2 years ago
Flashing lights indicate the motorized carriage is clogged or jammed and cannot move freely. Remove the crumb tray after unplugging the power cord from outlet, turn the unit upside down over a trash bin, and give it a few firm taps on the side. This should dislodge the crumbs obstructing the motorized carriage and restore functionality.

Nimit L

"turn the unit upside down over a trash bin, and give it a few firm taps on the side" for the fourth time then press hold the start button. It is working fine now. Great product..

Richard A.

I 've had some success using compressed air to blow crumbs out after removing the crumb tray. However we had three of these toasters fail because of electronics board faults. We would only buy another Breville product if they became reliable. We own a Sunbeam toaster now.

John

Johnasked

Smart Toast BTA845

How to remove outer casing? Have already removed 10 screws but no go.
Bread is burning one side and other side only warm. All 4 slots the same you might expect it on a $20 toaster but not a $200 one wish I read reviews before buying it 4 years ago.

David M.

David M.asked

Smart Toast BTA840

Once power is switched on
It automatically raises & lowers a few times before
ALL lights flash on that side
Any solutions? DAVID

Richard A.

Hello, that sounds like the electronics board has failed. After three of these toasters failed in succession we went to a reliable low tech brand. Sunbeam.

Plunk S.

Plunk S.asked

Smart Toast

Breville BTA830BSS Smart Toaster,has stopped working on one side,any simple way to fix this?cheers

Richard A.

My advice is to bin it and buy another brand. Sad to say love the design but they are terribly unreliable.

Fernie747

Fernie747asked

Smart Toast BTA825

Where is the serial # located on the Breville BTA825? I’ve checked the underside and there is general information but no serial number or batch number. Nothing on the box or instruction manual either. Thanks.

Nancyasked

Smart Toast BTA840

One side of the toaster sometimes gets stuck in the down position so I have to unplug it to pull the toast out with a fork. So far after fiddling around plugging and unplugging the toaster, adjusting the doneness levers and pushing different buttons on the top, eventually the toaster releases and works again until the next time. The other problem is that it doesn't toast as much on one side of the toast as the other, so I end up taking the bread out, turning it around and toasting it again. Any help?

Owen T
Owen T

I had the problem once of the toast getting stuck in the down position and did what you did, and then once I got the toast out, I took the toaster outside and gave it a really good shake to get rid of all the crumbs and haven't had a problem since.

Kinga L.
Kinga L.

Thanks for suggesting the good 'ol shakedown. My "smart" toaster was stuck in the down position too. I just gave it a good shake and it's working again...at least for now.

Nancy

Yes, I haven’t had a problem recently with getting stuck, but it still toasts on one side of the toast more than the other on the same side that gets stuck every so often. The only solution I have found is to take the toast out, turn it around and redo it. I don’t think that should really be necessary.

Biggeew

Biggeewasked

Smart Toast BTA845

Purchased this toaster (TBA845) back in July 2017, was working great up until Dec 2018 and then again Jan 2019.
The toaster finishes toasting (left hand two slots) but does not return to the load position when finished toasting, It seems to happen only if the look button has been pressed, but this is intermittent, any one else noticed this ?

tamo

I have had no problems so far with this model toaster.

Marti

Martiasked

Smart Toast

I have the toaster oven as shown below. I use it mainly for toast. The sides of the oven get so hot I cannot touch them. Is this true with all breville toaster ovens? I try to be careful but I am 85 years old and my children are afraid I M going to receive a bad burn. Please advise

tamo

The Breville toaster only gets warm on the sides, just watch the top part of the toaster where the heat is.

Mrspinster

Mrspinsterasked

Smart Toast BTA830

Our new toaster BTA830BSS toats the bread very dark even on the lowest setting. Can the scale be adjusted? Any other suggestions? (I can't even imagine what you would use the number 5 for!!)

thubleau2
thubleau2

once again why don't you return it ?

Steven Grant Taylor

Steven Grant Taylorasked

Smart Toast BTA845

How do you get into the bottom and clean out all of the crumbs, that do not fall into two (2) trays?

Peter

I just (carefully) turn the toaster upside down and give a gentle shake (after disconnecting power).

shanexu3
shanexu3

I put mine on an ants nest and they cleaned it for me. The flat spot under the bread should be more vertical to encourage the crumbs to fall onto the crumb tray.

Norm S.
Norm S.

UNPLUG POWER!!!
reach in and brush gently with small basting / pastry brush

Sam K

Sam Kasked

Cannot get my BTA825 to toast both sides of bread the first time

Peter

Sounds faulty (unless you have the "crumpet setting" turned on where this is normal). Mine doesn't do that. Take it back and get another.

Get an answer from our members and Breville representatives