Breville the Soft Top Pure BKE700

Breville the Soft Top Pure BKE700 Questions & Answers

VerifiedMPNs:409010, 5324, BKE700 and BKE700BSS
Antonia C.

Hello the kettle has ceased boiling is it possible to have it repaired please?

Raj

Ring up breville. You may have some luck if it is still under Warranty

Antonia C.

Thank you but no longer under warranty.

Bruce M.

On my new BKE 700 the instructions say a bell rings but I have not heard it yet?

Raj

I have never heard a bell in the last few years. Maybe this could be a modification

Dammit. I love bells...

Jeeves V.
Jeeves V.

Hi! I just bought a brand new BKE700. I've found that it does not let me boil water for a while after I've already used it... or let me reboil water thats been boiled recently (I like my tea super hot). Is this a feature? Maybe this kettle isn't for me :(

Breville
Breville   DM

Once the water has reached boiling temperature there is a delay before it will start again as a safety feature to prevent unintentional continued boiling.

Michael P.
Michael P.

What is the warranty period?

Ravin S.
Ravin S.

Small appliances usually come with a 1yr warranty. I've had this model for about 5 years without any problems until recently when it stopped heating before it boils. I bought a new thermostat unit from Aliexpress for $30 to fix it. This sort of failure will happen to any kettle over time though.

Elle
Elle

I'm more confused than ever. All I wanted to do was buy a reliable kettle. I have at the moment 1Breville Kettle that would be about 3yrs old. It doesn't need replacing and still going strong. It is louder than expected and it dings, not a problem for us. It's quick it does it only job, several times a day and we're happy.

The other also a Breville is 14-15yrs old, we thought you couldn't kill it, but when emptying it a couple of weeks ago the sensor fell out. It still boils yet I wouldn't leave it alone. We stay close by just in case. I have never had one boil over unless I over filled it. Never blew the circuit board.The lid is now falling apart and will drip sometimes, big deal! I have found them to be very reliable products.

I'm looking at BKE700 now. Given up on the BKE495 after reading the reviews, please help. Regards Elle

brian

There's a brand called kitchen maid and it's supposed to be pretty good though, it's pretty expensive at over 200 dollars.

Breville also make a better electric water kettle but, it's red and it has a weird looking handle

brian

I checked the kettle on here after seeing the kettle in myer and it's called the breville bke735 though, i prefer to stick to Kenwood or the breville bke495 electric hot water kettle models

Get an answer from our members and Breville representatives

Extra Information