Breville Clear BKE495

Breville Clear BKE495 Questions & Answers

VerifiedMPNs:409005, 5325 and BKE495BSS
Anna Zaffino

Hi I have the BKE735 Soft Top Luxe kettle in the last few weeks I have noticed that the bell does not ding at all. The water boils but no bell. Also when you first turn it on it is noisier than it used to be almost like crackling sound. Can you advise at all kettle is about 1 yr old.

Stewart H NZ
Stewart H NZ

Hi Anna, I suggest contacting the seller. This is a review site but the point is noted. My bell is still ringing after all these years.

localbudgie
localbudgie

I have just bought the Breville BKE 495 kettle from David Jones. I suppose it is self explanatory to use but I would like to know if the clear window gauge should be lit as it is very very difficult to see how far it has been filled. Thank you.Geri

MG Leesha
MG Leesha

No it doesnt light up. Super annoying.

Ultrapac
Ultrapac

Only the Button lights up.. Normally fine in a well lit kitchen area.

Rusty Jacks
Rusty Jacks

Where is the breville soft open kettle batch code and the offer code as I've looked everywhere on, under, around, in the booklet, even on the receipt and can't find either of these for me to register this product for warranty . The model number is BKE445 as it's not in the "select Model" option in the next question

John63
John63

The model I've got is BKE425 not BKE445. The batch code is on the outside of the box, however the offer code I have no idea as I received this item as a present.

Kind regards, H2me

elliot
elliot

Breville Sort Top Pure bss. Recently bought this model. I cannot find out any ifno on web ( i,e. reviews). Have concerns this model may be problematic. What can you tell me about it???

Josephine Zangari
Josephine Zangari

Im loving this kettle. Water boils extremely quickly and it is not noisy like my previous kettles. Also looke very stylish.

Michelle G
Michelle G

Hello

I have a Breville Model SK45B Kettle for a long time. This morning couldn't boil water. The base of the kettle apparently notice water sipping. Could you please help?

Shelley
Shelley

Sorry, can't answer technical stuff

brian

Mine has being doing the same thing

Have to buy another electric water kettle and I would recommend you doing the same thing

The breville was leaking on the sides and now leaking towards the middle which is very dangerous so will be buying a new electronic water hot water kettle in the very near future

--- i.think the good guys electronic stores sell this model but, what I would recommend is filling the kettle up to the top a few times then boil only roughly a litre or less and the kettle will likely last a whole lot longer

Lithgowtrend
Lithgowtrend

Why does this lid not work? I have never used this kettle more than once after the lid stayed open. Late 2013 from Target.Very disappointing and would not rate it at all. Any ideas?

Peter.M.O.
Peter.M.O.

I would proffer that the locking mechanism for the lid is defective. I would suggest returning the item for refund, or replacement; even though the time since purchase is excessive. No harm in trying. Cheers.

brian

I bought the breville bke495 sse model and it's been going for more than 3 years now though,it's now on it's last legs though, very good for the amount of times it's actually been used

brian

Howdy - I would like to know why breville has slipped in quality and design / my old breville kettle went for years on end and didn't wreck up @ the only reason I replaced it was the lid wrecked up / why does the new design look weak and unreliable not to mention chunky heavy?

Jeffrey C
Jeffrey C

I guess all companies are trying to beat the competition and perhaps look at ways of trimming their products thus leading to lesser quality products. I can see what you mean by the decline of Breville products in quality overall. Nevertheless, this kettle is working well at this stage and the slim design works for me. If in due course it fails to perform I will update my review. However for $35 if I get a few years out of it I guess that's value for money. Once upon a time we would replace the element in our old ceramic jug, now we just throw out the failed kettle and buy another because it is cheaper. If you want quality you have to fork out more money perhaps (although not always). Ideally I would be more than happy to pay $100 for a quality kettle that has an element that can be replaced for $20 or so every few years. Otherwise I have thought about just using a small saucepan on the stove to avoid the consumption of kettles full stop, a saucepan being multipurpose.

brian

I bought the updated model even though I payed more money for it and so far it's choice

brian

What could I put the extension cord on if I wanted to move the breville hot water kettle well away from the window to see if the electric kettle is leaking or the water just blew in while it was raining?

Menothere

Anywhere, sweetheart! Any power point in your house/apartment that is not close to water or an open window on a rainy day. A kettle is a movable thing :). Your bedroom (use the beside lamps plugs and try), or in your lounge, or office, or in one of those sockets that are closed to the ground level, those where you plug in your vacuum.

brian

It's all good now I found that the extension cord is a straight electricity cord and not on a angle like some other cords that have a 90 degree angle turn and I have an extension cord - anyway thanks for the reply

brian

It was leaking and I got a new breville kettle and so far so good

brian

Howdy - the little water puddles underneath the breville kettles came and went away / the small water puddles are now back though they are bit smaller - should I be worried?

Breville   DM

Hi Brian, the best thing to do is contact Breville Customer Support on 1300 139 798. Thanks, The Breville Team

brian

Ok thanks / I might try calling on one of the weekdays

brian

I took it back and put some money on top

Basically got a new kettle which is choice

brian

I am starting to see little puddles of water on the base / I dare say the breville leak somewhere / should I be worried? - Cheers

Menothere

I don't have that problem. My kettle works well.

I would be worried if water was leaking underneath any electric appliance, just for safety reasons.

If the water is coming from the kettle, I would return it (if it is still under warranty). Before doing so I would check weather the water is coming from any other water source. Easy to do. Move your kettle from where you usually have it, to a place totally dry and boil water there. See what happens. If it leaks, I personally would not use it.

brian

Howdy - ok thanks though the small puddles seem to have stopped anyway - cheers

Breville   DM

Hi Brian, the power base should always be kept dry, and the appliance should not be used if the power base is wet for any reason. If the kettle is leaking, you should unplug the appliance from the wall and call us for assistance 1300 139 798. Thanks, The Breville Team

brian

All done @ got a new one now

brian

Howdy - I had a breville hot water kettle for years and noticed a dark smudges on the side after a while / this new breville hot water kettle I bought has the dark smudges at the base and I have only had it for a couple of months or so / should I be worried?

Bec D
Bec D

Brian, that sounds like a question for a Breville person, I have no idea! I don't have any dark smudges on my kettle though.

Breville   DM

Hi Brian, this sounds like mineral deposits from the water - Which is common in any appliance that boils water. There are cleaning instructions available in the Instruction Booklet included with the Kettle. You can also download the Instruction Booklet from external link - cleaning instructions on Page 13. You will need the Breville kettle cleaner available to order from our website.

If you need further assistance, please contact us at 1300 139 798.

Thanks, The Breville Team

Howdy - ok thanks / no worries - cheers

Elna Rosiana
Elna Rosiana

Hi Brian,the cheapest and most effective way and chemical free way to clean the deposit in your kettle is to use white vinegar.you can get a 2ltr bottle of white vinegar for under $2 at any supermarket.simply fill the kettle with 1/3 cup of vinegar or you can use more depending how bad the deposit is..and pour some water in as well..let it sit for a few hours or until the deposit is totally gone..and then just rinse your kettle with water,fill up with water and boil..and empty the boiled water.Your kettle is now ready to use.

brian

Ok.thanks / I usually just buy the coles smartbuy vinegar or the Woolworths homebrand.vinegar - thanks again - cheers

lozzamo
lozzamo

I just purchased this model and have noticed that after I have boiled the kettle, and while the kettle is still hot, I am unable to boil a new batch of water again straight away as the switch won't stay down. I have to wait for it to cool before it will let me try again. A bit frustrating, is this a fault? Thanks

Breville   DM

Hi Lozzamo, This is not a fault, but rather part of the thermal protection system. This system is part of normal operation to protect the kettle.

Thanks, The Breville Team

brian

The new breville model doesn't do that but you have to pay more for it @ a 99 dollars price tag

It's exact model number says on the box

Julie Hahn
Julie Hahn

We bought this kettle yesterday. All good, but just wondered if we should hear the boil bell everytime we pick it up and put it down? My daughter thinks it's cute - but my husband is not so keen!

Breville   DM

Hi Julie, Yes this is normal. Rather than an electronic beep, this model uses a copper bell to signify that the water has boiled. This creates a softer ‘ding’ sound when the water is ready. However, vibrations through the kettle body can also create sound from the bell.

Thanks,

The Breville Team

Christine King
Christine King

Soft top clear in white, not stainless steal, please?

Chr

zircosil
zircosil

I think it just comes in stainless.

Breville   DM

Hi Christine, Unfortunately we currently only carry the white Sherbet colour in the flagship BKE825SH.

Margaret Chan
Margaret Chan

Is the Breville Soft Top Kettle model BKE620 SILENT?

Consumer555

Hi Margaret, I wouldn't call it silent by any means. Quieter than most, yes. The physics of water being boiled generates noise from collapsing steam bubbles rising from over the heating element, especially when cold.

Breville   DM

Hi Margaret, Due to this kettle being plastic it will be quieter than a stainless steel model however, unfortunately no kettle is completely silent.

TECK66
TECK66

What is the matching toaster for this kettle (BKE620R)?

Consumer555

Hi, Breville would be better placed to answer that but I did buy a Breville BTA820 toaster recently in Cranberry which matches it nicely.

Breville   DM

Hi, the matching toaster for the BKE620R is BTA630R. This toaster is avilable in Myer, Big W & also Target.

Breville   DM

Hi Teck66 - the Breville Lift & Look Touch BTA630(R) matches this kettle. Available from Big W, Myer or Target.

Get an answer from our members and Breville representatives

Extra Information