4Breville The Oracle Touch BES990

Breville The Oracle Touch BES990 Questions & Answers

John · The Oracle Touch BES990

Hi All. I have a BES990 machine and when it is turned on steam is coming out of the steam wand as it heats up and will not stop.
Any ideas would be good.

John L.
John L. · The Oracle Touch BES990

Hi All.
I have a BES990 machine and when it is turned on and heating up there is steam coming out of the wand and will not stop. Any ideas would be good.

David S.
David S. · The Oracle Touch BES990

Why does my Breville Oracle Touch BES990 coffee machine keep tripping the circuit breaker. I’ve looked inside and see nothing leaking or broken.

John · The Oracle Touch BES990

Making black coffee and water from the teapot outlet is not flowing as it used to and also starts to spit out.

Peter
Peter

I believe you need to do the descale function.

John

Thanks Peter that worked.

Shane T.
Shane T. · The Oracle Touch BES990

what would it cost to replace the boiler on my Touch

peter · The Oracle Touch BES990

Hello,

Time to do another decalc but wary of using the auto-decalc as last time i could not get the unit out of the decalc mode and had to return it to the Breville technician to fix it.
He suggested NOT using the auto decalc but to do a manual one.

My question is do I simply add decalc solution to tank and run 4 or 5 cycles through the unit, then rinse by running another 4 or 5 clean water cycles through it?

Any help welcomed.

anybody?

hello Breville,
I see you apparently monitor this site. Please give your opinion on doing a manual descale as I can't afford the grief I went through last time from my wife if her machine is out of commission,for another week whilst the technician resets everything again.

Ali1
Ali1

Don’t do another descale. We just done one on our replacement machine and it’s done exactly the same as the first. Big complaint coming tomorrow to Breville. They are not helpful at all and with this fault happening they should be doing something about it rather than brushing it under the carpet. Clearly they need to look at this problem when manufacturing and fixing it before selling this machine.

peter

I agree. Not sure how to do the recommended "manual descalc" that the technician suggested.

It would be good if there was a way to by-pass the auto descale so this doesn't keep happening.

Susan H.
Susan H. · The Oracle Touch BES990

My oracle touch has only 108 brews under it’s belt. First two machines had outer casing melt down issues so this is my third machine and I’m having all new issues and they have told me I am no longer under warranty because the warrant only lasts from the date of purchase of my first machine. The water in this machine continually flows out of the portafiller and ont stop. I see two ER codes. ER24 has occurred 5 times and ER28 has occurred 16 times. HELP of you can. Thanks in advance.

David
David · The Oracle Touch BES990

The one star reviews are in my estimation, possibly by people who expect too much or were unlucky.
I'm tempted but given the high investment cost and if any, no idea of the ongoing maintenance required, I'd be interested to hear about their longer term experiences from those many 5 star reviewers well after the honeymoon period has worn off. Still five stars? Is the requisite maintenance very onerous? Still free from major issues and if not, how have the repairs been. Have they been expensive and would they change your 5 star reviews? Thanks

Mike L
Mike L · The Oracle Touch BES990

Purchased a Breville Oracle Touch BES990 Jun 28 - 5 days old and won’t grind, have followed all the trouble-shooting steps on page 20 twice and still won’t grind. Was 34th on Breville call centre waiting queue, still don’t have call back yet.

Does anyone have a solution for this issue?

Michael L

Rebecca A.
Rebecca A.

Did you get a solution?

Steve D.
Steve D.

There is a known design issue with the grinder in this machine, mine lasted 6 months and failed. No matter what Breville do (and they’re not really interested) the design fault will still exist in any repaired or new unit.

Chip D.
Chip D. · The Oracle Touch BES990

How do I modify an existing program I created? I want to alter the brew time on my cycle.

WildernessBee
WildernessBee · The Oracle Touch BES990

Hello, I have had my Oracle Touch for 3 months. I accessed my service menu and discovered that my machine has had 99 Communication Errors (ER28) & 2 Coffee Boiler & Steam Boiler not responding (ER17 & ER18). Is this something that I should be getting checked out by Breville? Thanks

Janice Q
Janice Q · The Oracle Touch BES990BSS (Brushed Stainless Steel)

All of a sudden, I'm unable to hook the group handle into the right hand side of the machine to make shots. I remember having this problem with my last machine but it was the left hand side and you had to slide a part to make it fit. I can't find any moving parts on the right hand side.

Linda H.
Linda H. · The Oracle Touch BES990BSS (Brushed Stainless Steel)

My machine won't brew and makes a sound like the motor is struggling to work. I've tried changing the grind, but that doesn't help. I also noticed that despite cleaning the wand and tip and backwashing the machine yesterday, the steam isn't creating the "ball of foam" that used to form when I circled the milk pitcher. Does anyone have answers?

Joe
Joe

My machine is still under warranty and is doing exactly what your machine is doing. Apparently it is a common problem. Getting picked tomorrow on its way to the service center for the second time for a different issue.

Linda H.

Thanks Joe. The machine started working properly all by itself. I think the problem was I wasn't letting out the steam.

Wendy B
Wendy B · The Oracle Touch BES990

There appears to be differing price information from the reviews here. I am looking to purchase the fully automatic oracle and can only find a silver one for $3025 from appliances online, yet there are a lot of prices mentioned in this feed that are much lower than that? Is there a brand new model out right now?

Victor
Victor · The Oracle Touch BES990

How to turn off Oracle Touch cup warmer tray? I live in a warm climate, so I don't need it. I would use the space to store my coffee bean jar.

Ria
Ria · The Oracle Touch BES990

Ok, new machine oracle touch, only 6 months old, turned it on this morning and started leaking water out where the brewing starts till it ran out of water, not sure why that happened, anyone else?

Wendy
Wendy · The Oracle Touch BES990

Hi,

Where do these machine made?

conleycc6
conleycc6

italy /pump china /everything else

Mario M. · The Oracle Touch BES990

The inside grinder has been living its own life for a week. Recently, more and more often, instead of grinding, tamping is started immediately. I took the whole grinder apart - everything perfect, no signs of the slightest wear. Has anyone had a similar problem?

The Reviewer
The Reviewer

No. What was the resolution?

Mario M.

You mean grind size settings or software ?
Software is vA1.3 (EU-A)
The grind size setting does not affect this.
sometimes it stops at grind size 20, sometimes 15, 40. Sometimes it doesn't start at all.

Arja B
Arja B · The Oracle Touch BES990

We love our Oracle Touch and it is used daily. Yesterday when making two coffees only one side of the portafilter had water coming out. When checking we found that water was coming out of the dedicated water spout at the same time as the water was also going through one side of the portafilter. How do we fix this? it is on the correct setting for 2 and we clean as per instructions

tj
tj · The Oracle Touch BES990

Hi there, I've just ordered a black truffle.... but I'm nervous of scratching and wondering if I should stick with traditional stainless. My last Breville expresso machine lasted and lasted and loved it, but new house new machine and time for upgrade. (black sink, black window frames). Any ideas?

Get an answer from our members and Breville representatives

Select a listing for your question
Breville The Oracle Touch BES990