Spacious cooking capacity
Food is crispy and soft
Quick heating times
Rusty air fryer basket
Initially I was excited to buy the product however the product is not even 1 month with me the air fryer basket started to get rusty on my first use. If this is made for food it should not rust at all plus it is a stainless steel it should not rust. Tried contacting Breville and their customer service representative is useless, I was promised they will send air fryer basket 5 to 7 business days and I've even given them chance to extend it till 3 weeks the basket hasn't come yet. Tried calling again and was advised they still need few more days to get it delivered. How ridiculous this company can be!
Will never buy their products again and will never recommend to everyone.
Purchased in September 2019 at Harvey Norman for $350.00.
Questions & Answers
Am I able to use a second air fry basket at the same time? I have seen some videos that show this but I'm not sure. I wanted to know before I buy the second mesh tray from Breville.
I have had a Breville smart oven BOV860BTR for 1 year now and the black paint has started to peel away from the door area next to the front control panel. Has anyone had this happen to theirs? Is this a manufacturing fault and would warranty cover this fault? Paying over $400 , you would expect better quality.
The air fryer basket.. what is it made of? Is it stainless steel?
Get an answer from our members and Breville representatives
- Comes with 10 pre-set cooking functions, which are: toast, crumpet, bake, grill, roast, air fry, pizza, slow cook, re-heat and warm.
- A large 22-litre capacity allows you to toast 6 slices of toast, cook a 30-cm pizza, roast a chicken, or place a 9-cup muffin tray inside the Smart Oven.
- Uses Breville’s trademarked Element iQ system ‘super convection’ method. This maximises airflow and directs power to where it’s needed, for more even cooking and a crispy exterior on foods.
- A brushed stainless steel body features a durable construction.
- Comes with the following accessories: an air fry basket, enamel roasting pan, 30cm non-stick pizza pan, wire rack and grilling rack.
Points of praise
- The majority of reviewers were happy with the performance of their Breville Smart Oven Air Fryer. Reviewers shared that it cooked roasts, grills and air fries food really well - including French fries and wedges, roast potatoes, roast meat, pizza, garlic bread, and muffins.
- Food is crispy on the outside and soft on the outside.
- The 22-litre capacity is spacious, allowing home chefs to cook large batches of food (barring, perhaps, a large family roast).
- The Smart Oven is quick to heat up, and is more efficient than larger ovens in this way.
Points to consider
- Some reviewers found that this Breville Smart Oven was difficult to clean.
|Category||Benchtop / Toaster Ovens and Air Fryers|
|Dimensions||480 x 403 x 278 mm|
|Dishwasher Safe Parts||No|
|Dimensions||480 x 403 x 278 mm|
|Manufacturer Warranty||2 year(s)|
|Construction Material||Stainless Steel|
|Colour / Finish||Brushed Stainless Steel or Black|
|Release date||Jan 2019|
- GTIN13: 9312432018807
- MPN: BOV860BSS and BOV860BTR
Other Benchtop / Toaster Ovens
ProductReview.com.au has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence our content moderation policies in any way, though ProductReview.com.au may earn commissions for products/services purchased via affiliate links.