Breville the Smart Oven Air Fryer

Breville the Smart Oven Air Fryer

MPNs: BOV860BSS and BOV860BTR

Benchtop and Toaster Ovens Buying Guide

Everyone loves a good, home-cooked meal - crispy-crust pizza, anyone? A benchtop/toaster oven is a mini, portable oven that sits on your kitchen counter and achieves delicious results. Read on for more information about whether a toaster oven is right for you.

Read now
Buying Guide Banner

1.5

Rusty air fryer basket

Initially I was excited to buy the product however the product is not even 1 month with me the air fryer basket started to get rusty on my first use. If this is made for food it should not rust at all plus it is a stainless steel it should not rust. Tried contacting Breville and their customer service representative is useless, I was promised they will send air fryer basket 5 to 7 business days and I've even given them chance to extend it till 3 weeks the basket hasn't come yet. Tried calling again and was advised they still need few more days to get it delivered. How ridiculous this company can be!

Will never buy their products again and will never recommend to everyone.

Purchased in September 2019 at Harvey Norman for $350.00.

Product is usedMonthly
Les F

Les FSydney, NSW

Not worth it, check door fit

I purchased the BOV860 two days ago and returned it today. The door did not align with the body and the Air Fryer was not worth the extra money, almost $500 and you can get the BOV845 for under $300. I have two of the previous models of the oven, one about nine years old which still works well and the other about three years old and the fan has stopped working so thats why I bought the new one. The quality of the new one is very inferior to previous models. I was going to replace the BOV860 with another one. I checked four new ones and they all had problems with the doors. When I checked new BOV845 models all the doors fitted well. I think Breville should look hard and fast at their supplier.

Purchased in June 2019 for $370.00.

Product is usedRarely
Breville
BrevilleBreville

We are very sorry to hear about the issue you are having with your oven and we will be looking into the door fitting. We do understand your frustration and truly do value your feed back on this.

See all Breville the Smart Oven Air Fryer reviews

Chris A

Chris Aasked

Can I use baking paper to line the air fryer basket in the Breville 860 smart oven to minimise drip onto the elements which are apparently difficult to clean? If the extra airfryer baskets become available in NZ again, can I successfully use 2 at once with the air fry function? Like many other members, I obviously would have preferred to purchase the larger 900 model. Can’t understand why Breville could not offer it to their AU/NZ customers. We don’t have smaller families than in the US!

Andy

Andyasked

I heard that the AU version does not have the dehydration function, can anyone confirm this?

Gayle asked

Hi team I am considering purchasing a Breville Smart Oven but I have not been able to find out if it is possible to install it into my caravan using the space I have for my microwave. I am concerned that it might need more breathing space around it. Could please advise me if it possible to safety install it in my van. Many thanks. Cheers Gayle

Linda
Linda

It is the same size as a micro wave and will fit in a caravan but don’t waste your money I sent emails and pictures of my air fryer with a question of how to clean it , it is a nightmare to clean and after several times asking I got a very sarcastic email try using a scourer and soap and water :/ I will never buy a breville product again Customer service sucks

Gayle

Thanks Linda did not think about it being up high and difficult to clean. Cheers

Get an answer from our members and Breville representatives

CategoryBenchtop / Toaster Ovens and Air Fryers