Breville the Smart Oven Air Fryer

Breville the Smart Oven Air Fryer

MPNs: BOV860BSS and BOV860BTR

Benchtop and Toaster Ovens Buying Guide

Everyone loves a good, home-cooked meal - crispy-crust pizza, anyone? A benchtop/toaster oven is a mini, portable oven that sits on your kitchen counter and achieves delicious results. Read on for more information about whether a toaster oven is right for you.

Read now
Buying Guide Banner

4.2

Jane M.

Jane M.Perth, WA

Nice, but misrepresented Aussie functions

Nice, but ripped off by AU specs. No proofing or dehydrating in Aussie unit & like others here - I thought I did my research. Love the black colour, easy to operate and cooks a charm.

Purchased in December 2020 at Harvey Norman.

Alan

AlanSydney, NSW

Breville Smart Oven Fryer a definite winner in our household, work place and farm.

I have three of the original Breville Smart Ovens, at home, at work and at the farm. I recently upgrade to the Smart Oven Air Fryer. A great appliance that can just about cook anything. A bit small for the large family roast. I cook the vegetables in the Smart Oven and Meat or Chicken in the Smart Oven Air Fryer. My Sister and Brother have purchased the Smart Oven Air Fryer for their kitchens. No need for the gas oven.

Purchased in April 2020 for $480.00.

Apple

AppleGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

very handy and I used it every day since purchase

I really like this smart oven day 1, it can cook very crispy chips, fried chicken and bake nice cake as well. except one thing - it's actually quite hard to clean compare to the traditional oven.

Purchased in May 2020 at David Jones for $429.00.

Benchtop / Toaster Ovens

Find out how Breville the Smart Oven Air Fryer compares to other Benchtop / Toaster Ovens

St John M.

St John M.

Great

We love this little oven. So useful and fast. Got the air fryer to go on top of the straight oven/toaster.
Very useful combo
Its very easy to program and so is useful.

Purchased in June 2020 at Harvey Norman for $500.00.

Love love love

This is a fantastic oven . We live in a rental property with a really terrible oven , so i bought this oven as substitute for anything i wanted browned instead of steamed . I cook roast meats , great roast potatoes , cakes, pizza and muffins to name a few .The reheat and warm options are very helpful. I can't live without my new oven .

Purchased in February 2020 at Betta Home Living for $450.00.

Colin Foley

Colin FoleyGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Great machine, don't even use the oven any more!

Great product, perfect for a family of three, best toast ever and have used every function. Only thing is it can take about 20% longer to cook then packet would suggest

Purchased at JB Hi-Fi for $350.00.

Mimi

MimiSouth East Queensland, QLD

Very, very happy with this oven.

Purchased in October 2019 at Myers for $400.00.

MarnieB

MarnieBSouthwest, VIC

Couldn’t live without it.

This oven is the utter best. I would be lost without it. It’s versatility is second to none. It grills, toasts, bakes, roasts, slow cooks reheats. I bake cakes, roast meat slow cook casseroles reheat snacks bake vegies. If you need an over then this does it all & so easy to clean.

Purchased in June 2018 at The Good Guys for $275.00.

Sharon

SharonPerth, WA

So glad I made the investment

Purchased in July 2019 at David Jones for $469.00.

Cayenne

CayenneSouth East Queensland, QLD

The Breville BOV860 Smart Oven is the best thing since sliced bread!

Purchased in June 2019 at The Good Guys for $424.00.

Mac31

Mac31Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

So far so good

Purchased in July 2019 at Myer for $424.00.

Breville Fan

Breville FanPerth, WA

Love my BOV860 Smart Oven Air Fryer

I have one issue and that is my reluctance to use the air fryer tray without lining it with tin foil before air frying any foods that drip since the catch tray lays beneath the base elements which cop all these drippings and I'm unable to perfectly clean doing as per instructions, consequently defeating the purpose of an air fryer. I refer to foods such as chips, chicken patties, bacon and the Broiling pan is not big enough for chicken kebabs. If I'm able to find the correct size baking tray would that be okay to place at the lowest position of the oven in order to catch drippings plus protect the elements, or does Breville offer an accessory for this very purpose?

Purchased in May 2019 at The Good Guys.

Les F

Les FSydney, NSW

Not worth it, check door fit

I purchased the BOV860 two days ago and returned it today. The door did not align with the body and the Air Fryer was not worth the extra money, almost $500 and you can get the BOV845 for under $300. I have two of the previous models of the oven, one about nine years old which still works well and the other about three years old and the fan has stopped working so thats why I bought the new one. The quality of the new one is very inferior to previous models. I was going to replace the BOV860 with another one. I checked four new ones and they all had problems with the doors. When I checked new BOV845 models all the doors fitted well. I think Breville should look hard and fast at their supplier.

Purchased in June 2019 for $370.00.

Product is usedRarely
BrevilleBreville

We are very sorry to hear about the issue you are having with your oven and we will be looking into the door fitting. We do understand your frustration and truly do value your feed back on this.

TC80Gold Coast

Needs to be recalled. Buy BOV845 instead.

Purchased in June 2019 at The Good Guys for $499.00.

TC80

Hi, I got no reply from socialmedia@breville.com.au

TC80

Still no reply from socialmedia@breville.com.au

JasonI

JasonISydney, NSW

Very Very Disappointed

• +1Thumbnail

Purchased in June 2019 at Bing Lee for $499.00.

LittleJimmy

LittleJimmyBunbury

Compact smart oven is also a great air fryer

Purchased in May 2019.

Product is usedDaily

I’m glad your in my life

Slow cooker is the best. I put on as I get to work and my breakfast is ready on time! Cheese toastier are delish too! All the boys love it as well

Purchased in January 2019.

See all Breville the Smart Oven Air Fryer reviews

Chris A

Chris Aasked

Can I use baking paper to line the air fryer basket in the Breville 860 smart oven to minimise drip onto the elements which are apparently difficult to clean? If the extra airfryer baskets become available in NZ again, can I successfully use 2 at once with the air fry function? Like many other members, I obviously would have preferred to purchase the larger 900 model. Can’t understand why Breville could not offer it to their AU/NZ customers. We don’t have smaller families than in the US!

Andy

Andyasked

I heard that the AU version does not have the dehydration function, can anyone confirm this?

Gayle asked

Hi team I am considering purchasing a Breville Smart Oven but I have not been able to find out if it is possible to install it into my caravan using the space I have for my microwave. I am concerned that it might need more breathing space around it. Could please advise me if it possible to safety install it in my van. Many thanks. Cheers Gayle

Linda
Linda

It is the same size as a micro wave and will fit in a caravan but don’t waste your money I sent emails and pictures of my air fryer with a question of how to clean it , it is a nightmare to clean and after several times asking I got a very sarcastic email try using a scourer and soap and water :/ I will never buy a breville product again Customer service sucks

Gayle

Thanks Linda did not think about it being up high and difficult to clean. Cheers

Get an answer from our members and Breville representatives

CategoryBenchtop / Toaster Ovens and Air Fryers