Spacious cooking capacity
Food is crispy and soft
Quick heating times
Reviewer Photos & Videos
It caught fire
I have been using this for over a year , when it works its great but very hard to clean .I was using the air fryer and my son smelt smoke i went into the kitchen to find it was on fire with smoke pouring out of the back. I have been in contact about a refund and was asked to send proof of purchase and photos , i have done this but as yet no response that was 2 months ago
Purchased in August 2019 at Myer for $449.00.
Worst appliance I have ever bought
The air fryer is impossible to clean it has a sticky substance on the bottom which won’t come off it looks like it hasn’t been cleaned in months but is only a few weeks old
Purchased in September 2020 at Harvey Norman.
part of the oven peeling
Purchased on April 27, 2020 and used almost daily. We liked it until today (June 10) It started to smoke and smelled like rubber or electrical burning. Paint is peeling off the outside, close to the controls. We are taking it back. I don't want aerosolized toxins in our food.
Purchased in April 2020.
Find out how Breville the Smart Oven Air Fryer compares to other Benchtop / Toaster Ovens
Know better, choose better.
Can't get it hot - chips have taken 75 mins and still cooking!
My first ever use of this machine and I'm disappointed. I thought it would be a faster cooker, not painstakingly slower. I'm about to give up cooking chips in the Breville and put them in my normal oven as it's been well over an hour now. Not sure if there's something wrong with my machine or if if this is just it. Very disappointing as I was so excited to use it! Will need to take it back I think as this is basically unusable.
Purchased in January 2020 at The Good Guys for $499.00.
Breville Smart Oven/ Air Fryer model BOV860 Error E05 if you have solar panels
We had just bought a new Breville BOV860 bench-top oven/toaster. We followed the pre-use instructions exactly. About 30 seconds after the pre-use heating had been completed error code E05 showed on the control panel. I called the Breville customer support number and explained the problem. The immediate response from the support person was 'Do you have solar panels?' which we do. It seems that there is an issue with these appliances where they do not work if the premises have solar panels.
We will be returning the oven to the store where we bought it.
Very disappointed (we did not even get to try using it) and not good enough considering that approx. 25% of households have solar panels.
Purchased in December 2019 at Harvey Norman Retail Stores - Appliances.
Rusty air fryer basket
Initially I was excited to buy the product however the product is not even 1 month with me the air fryer basket started to get rusty on my first use. If this is made for food it should not rust at all plus it is a stainless steel it should not rust. Tried contacting Breville and their customer service representative is useless, I was promised they will send air fryer basket 5 to 7 business days and I've even given them chance to extend it till 3 weeks the basket hasn't come yet. Tried calling again and was advised they still need few more days to get it delivered. How ridiculous this company can be!
Will never buy their products again and will never recommend to everyone.
Purchased in September 2019 at Harvey Norman for $350.00.
Needs to be recalled. Buy BOV845 instead.
As a reviewer has stated, the crumb tray does come out after the door closes. Burnt my finger trying to push the crumb tray back after preheat. The external chasis temperature is burning hot, Breville needs to improve the insulation to at least warm to touch. There are many cheaper alternatives with better insulation than Breville.
Also as stated by the same reviewer before, the LCD is not readable from the front, only readable from an angle.
Same issue as BOV845, needs independent plug as this oven draws a lot of power. It will trip the f...
Purchased in June 2019 at The Good Guys for $499.00.
Questions & Answers
Am I able to use a second air fry basket at the same time? I have seen some videos that show this but I'm not sure. I wanted to know before I buy the second mesh tray from Breville.
I have had a Breville smart oven BOV860BTR for 1 year now and the black paint has started to peel away from the door area next to the front control panel. Has anyone had this happen to theirs? Is this a manufacturing fault and would warranty cover this fault? Paying over $400 , you would expect better quality.
The air fryer basket.. what is it made of? Is it stainless steel?
Get an answer from our members and Breville representatives
- Comes with 10 pre-set cooking functions, which are: toast, crumpet, bake, grill, roast, air fry, pizza, slow cook, re-heat and warm.
- A large 22-litre capacity allows you to toast 6 slices of toast, cook a 30-cm pizza, roast a chicken, or place a 9-cup muffin tray inside the Smart Oven.
- Uses Breville’s trademarked Element iQ system ‘super convection’ method. This maximises airflow and directs power to where it’s needed, for more even cooking and a crispy exterior on foods.
- A brushed stainless steel body features a durable construction.
- Comes with the following accessories: an air fry basket, enamel roasting pan, 30cm non-stick pizza pan, wire rack and grilling rack.
Points of praise
- The majority of reviewers were happy with the performance of their Breville Smart Oven Air Fryer. Reviewers shared that it cooked roasts, grills and air fries food really well - including French fries and wedges, roast potatoes, roast meat, pizza, garlic bread, and muffins.
- Food is crispy on the outside and soft on the outside.
- The 22-litre capacity is spacious, allowing home chefs to cook large batches of food (barring, perhaps, a large family roast).
- The Smart Oven is quick to heat up, and is more efficient than larger ovens in this way.
Points to consider
- Some reviewers found that this Breville Smart Oven was difficult to clean.
|Category||Benchtop / Toaster Ovens and Air Fryers|
|Dimensions||480 x 403 x 278 mm|
|Dishwasher Safe Parts||No|
|Dimensions||480 x 403 x 278 mm|
|Manufacturer Warranty||2 year(s)|
|Construction Material||Stainless Steel|
|Colour / Finish||Brushed Stainless Steel or Black|
|Release date||Jan 2019|
- GTIN13: 9312432018807
- MPN: BOV860BSS and BOV860BTR
Other Benchtop / Toaster Ovens
ProductReview.com.au has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence our content moderation policies in any way, though ProductReview.com.au may earn commissions for products/services purchased via affiliate links.