Breville the Smart Oven Air Fryer

Breville the Smart Oven Air Fryer

MPNs: BOV860BSS and BOV860BTR

Benchtop and Toaster Ovens Buying Guide

Everyone loves a good, home-cooked meal - crispy-crust pizza, anyone? A benchtop/toaster oven is a mini, portable oven that sits on your kitchen counter and achieves delicious results. Read on for more information about whether a toaster oven is right for you.

Read now

LindaGreat Southern, WA

Worst appliance I have ever bought

The air fryer is impossible to clean it has a sticky substance on the bottom which won’t come off it looks like it hasn’t been cleaned in months but is only a few weeks old

Purchased in September 2020 at Harvey Norman.

Product is usedSeveral times a week

part of the oven peeling

Purchased on April 27, 2020 and used almost daily. We liked it until today (June 10) It started to smoke and smelled like rubber or electrical burning. Paint is peeling off the outside, close to the controls. We are taking it back. I don't want aerosolized toxins in our food.

Purchased in April 2020.

Product is usedSeveral times a week
Elle

ElleSouth East Queensland, QLD

Can't get it hot - chips have taken 75 mins and still cooking!

My first ever use of this machine and I'm disappointed. I thought it would be a faster cooker, not painstakingly slower. I'm about to give up cooking chips in the Breville and put them in my normal oven as it's been well over an hour now. Not sure if there's something wrong with my machine or if if this is just it. Very disappointing as I was so excited to use it! Will need to take it back I think as this is basically unusable.

Purchased in January 2020 at The Good Guys for A$499.00.

Benchtop / Toaster Ovens

Find out how Breville the Smart Oven Air Fryer compares to other Benchtop / Toaster Ovens

Euan

Euan

Breville Smart Oven/ Air Fryer model BOV860 Error E05 if you have solar panels

We had just bought a new Breville BOV860 bench-top oven/toaster. We followed the pre-use instructions exactly. About 30 seconds after the pre-use heating had been completed error code E05 showed on the control panel. I called the Breville customer support number and explained the problem. The immediate response from the support person was 'Do you have solar panels?' which we do. It seems that there is an issue with these appliances where they do not work if the premises have solar panels.
We will be returning the oven to the store where we bought it.
Very disappointed (we did not even get to try using it) and not good enough considering that approx. 25% of households have solar panels.

Purchased in December 2019 at Harvey Norman Retail Stores - Appliances.

Rusty air fryer basket

Initially I was excited to buy the product however the product is not even 1 month with me the air fryer basket started to get rusty on my first use. If this is made for food it should not rust at all plus it is a stainless steel it should not rust. Tried contacting Breville and their customer service representative is useless, I was promised they will send air fryer basket 5 to 7 business days and I've even given them chance to extend it till 3 weeks the basket hasn't come yet. Tried calling again and was advised they still need few more days to get it delivered. How ridiculous this company can be!

Will never buy their products again and will never recommend to everyone.

Purchased in September 2019 at Harvey Norman for A$350.00.

Product is usedMonthly

TC80Gold Coast

Needs to be recalled. Buy BOV845 instead.

Purchased in June 2019 at The Good Guys for A$499.00.

Product is usedDaily
Breville
BrevilleBreville
TC80

Hi, I got no reply from socialmedia@breville.com.au

TC80

Still no reply from socialmedia@breville.com.au

See all Breville the Smart Oven Air Fryer reviews

Andy

Andyasked

I heard that the AU version does not have the dehydration function, can anyone confirm this?

Gayle asked

Hi team I am considering purchasing a Breville Smart Oven but I have not been able to find out if it is possible to install it into my caravan using the space I have for my microwave. I am concerned that it might need more breathing space around it. Could please advise me if it possible to safety install it in my van. Many thanks. Cheers Gayle

Linda

It is the same size as a micro wave and will fit in a caravan but don’t waste your money I sent emails and pictures of my air fryer with a question of how to clean it , it is a nightmare to clean and after several times asking I got a very sarcastic email try using a scourer and soap and water :/ I will never buy a breville product again Customer service sucks

Gayle

Thanks Linda did not think about it being up high and difficult to clean. Cheers

Ed Z

Ed Zasked

Can a pan be lined with foil and used only for baking in the BOV860BSS oven? Like to heat food on the supplied non-stick pizza pan or the enamel roasting pan. To help with clean up.

Get an answer from our members and Breville representatives

CategoryBenchtop / Toaster Ovens and Air Fryers