Breville the Smart Oven Air Fryer

Breville the Smart Oven Air Fryer

MPNs: BOV860BSS and BOV860BTR
Listing monitored by Breville

Pros

• Spacious cooking capacity

• Food is crispy and soft

• Quick heating times

bunty
buntySouth-Eastern Region, NSW

It caught fire

I have been using this for over a year , when it works its great but very hard to clean .I was using the air fryer and my son smelt smoke i went into the kitchen to find it was on fire with smoke pouring out of the back. I have been in contact about a refund and was asked to send proof of purchase and photos , i have done this but as yet no response that was 2 months ago

Purchased in August 2019 at Myer for $449.00.

Jane M.
Jane M.Perth, WA

Nice, but misrepresented Aussie functions

Nice, but ripped off by AU specs. No proofing or dehydrating in Aussie unit & like others here - I thought I did my research. Love the black colour, easy to operate and cooks a charm.

Purchased in December 2020 at Harvey Norman.

Linda
LindaGreat Southern, WA

Worst appliance I have ever bought

The air fryer is impossible to clean it has a sticky substance on the bottom which won’t come off it looks like it hasn’t been cleaned in months but is only a few weeks old

Purchased in September 2020 at Harvey Norman.

Benchtop / Toaster Ovens

Find out how Breville the Smart Oven Air Fryer compares to other Benchtop / Toaster Ovens

Apple
AppleGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

very handy and I used it every day since purchase

I really like this smart oven day 1, it can cook very crispy chips, fried chicken and bake nice cake as well. except one thing - it's actually quite hard to clean compare to the traditional oven.

Purchased in May 2020 at David Jones for $429.00.

part of the oven peeling

Purchased on April 27, 2020 and used almost daily. We liked it until today (June 10) It started to smoke and smelled like rubber or electrical burning. Paint is peeling off the outside, close to the controls. We are taking it back. I don't want aerosolized toxins in our food.

Purchased in April 2020.

The best kitchen appliances in 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-best-kitchen-appliances-in-2020

Best Fridges and Dishwashers in 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
best-fridges-and-dishwashers-in-2020

Avleen M.
Avleen M.23 July 2021
Addison Elwood
Addison ElwoodGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Good things come in small packages

Bought this six months ago as a temporary replacement for my regular oven that’s on its way out. It’s done it’s job having cooked roast meat, baked cakes and other snack foods. While it’s done it’s job and certainly filled a void with my cooking needs it does need some improvements. The roof of the oven is extremely difficult to clean. Can’t remove oily splatters off the roof and my light doesn’t switch on when the door is opened. This aside it does crackle my pork really well and it’s great for frozen pizzas and oven cooking small meals. Although it has an airfry option it won’t replace my airfryer.

Purchased at The Good Guys for $499.00.

Elle
ElleSouth East Queensland, QLD

Can't get it hot - chips have taken 75 mins and still cooking!

My first ever use of this machine and I'm disappointed. I thought it would be a faster cooker, not painstakingly slower. I'm about to give up cooking chips in the Breville and put them in my normal oven as it's been well over an hour now. Not sure if there's something wrong with my machine or if if this is just it. Very disappointing as I was so excited to use it! Will need to take it back I think as this is basically unusable.

Purchased in January 2020 at The Good Guys for $499.00.

Euan
Euan

Breville Smart Oven/ Air Fryer model BOV860 Error E05 if you have solar panels

We had just bought a new Breville BOV860 bench-top oven/toaster. We followed the pre-use instructions exactly. About 30 seconds after the pre-use heating had been completed error code E05 showed on the control panel. I called the Breville customer support number and explained the problem. The immediate response from the support person was 'Do you have solar panels?' which we do. It seems that there is an issue with these appliances where they do not work if the premises have solar panels.
We will be returning the oven to the store where we bought it.
Very disappointed (we did not even get to try using it) and not good enough considering that approx. 25% of households have solar panels.

Purchased in December 2019 at Harvey Norman Retail Stores - Appliances.

Rusty air fryer basket

Initially I was excited to buy the product however the product is not even 1 month with me the air fryer basket started to get rusty on my first use. If this is made for food it should not rust at all plus it is a stainless steel it should not rust. Tried contacting Breville and their customer service representative is useless, I was promised they will send air fryer basket 5 to 7 business days and I've even given them chance to extend it till 3 weeks the basket hasn't come yet. Tried calling again and was advised they still need few more days to get it delivered. How ridiculous this company can be!

Will never buy their products again and will never recommend to everyone.

Purchased in September 2019 at Harvey Norman for $350.00.

Benchtop / Toaster Ovens

Breville Fan
Breville FanPerth, WA

Love my BOV860 Smart Oven Air Fryer

I have one issue and that is my reluctance to use the air fryer tray without lining it with tin foil before air frying any foods that drip since the catch tray lays beneath the base elements which cop all these drippings and I'm unable to perfectly clean doing as per instructions, consequently defeating the purpose of an air fryer. I refer to foods such as chips, chicken patties, bacon and the Broiling pan is not big enough for chicken kebabs. If I'm able to find the correct size baking tray would that be okay to place at the lowest position of the oven in order to catch drippings plus protect the elements, or does Breville offer an accessory for this very purpose?

Purchased in May 2019 at The Good Guys.

TC80Gold Coast

Needs to be recalled. Buy BOV845 instead.

Purchased in June 2019 at The Good Guys for $499.00.

Breville
BrevilleBreville
TC80

Hi, I got no reply from socialmedia@breville.com.au

TC80

Still no reply from socialmedia@breville.com.au

LittleJimmy
LittleJimmyBunbury

Compact smart oven is also a great air fryer

Purchased in May 2019.

csutak40Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Great, on the whole - shame we are America's poor cousin

Purchased in May 2019.

Robyn P.
Robyn P.asked

Am I able to use a second air fry basket at the same time? I have seen some videos that show this but I'm not sure. I wanted to know before I buy the second mesh tray from Breville.

Laurie M.
Laurie M.asked

I have had a Breville smart oven BOV860BTR for 1 year now and the black paint has started to peel away from the door area next to the front control panel. Has anyone had this happen to theirs? Is this a manufacturing fault and would warranty cover this fault? Paying over $400 , you would expect better quality.

Harry
Harry asked

Hi All,
The air fryer basket.. what is it made of? Is it stainless steel?

See all Breville the Smart Oven Air Fryer questions

Get an answer from our members and Breville representatives

Features

• Comes with 10 pre-set cooking functions, which are: toast, crumpet, bake, grill, roast, air fry, pizza, slow cook, re-heat and warm.
  • A large 22-litre capacity allows you to toast 6 slices of toast, cook a 30-cm pizza, roast a chicken, or place a 9-cup muffin tray inside the Smart Oven.
  • Uses Breville’s trademarked Element iQ system ‘super convection’ method. This maximises airflow and directs power to where it’s needed, for more even cooking and a crispy exterior on foods.
  • A brushed stainless steel body features a durable construction.
  • Comes with the following accessories: an air fry basket, enamel roasting pan, 30cm non-stick pizza pan, wire rack and grilling rack.

Points of praise

• The majority of reviewers were happy with the performance of their Breville Smart Oven Air Fryer. Reviewers shared that it cooked roasts, grills and air fries food really well - including French fries and wedges, roast potatoes, roast meat, pizza, garlic bread, and muffins.
  • Food is crispy on the outside and soft on the outside.
  • The 22-litre capacity is spacious, allowing home chefs to cook large batches of food (barring, perhaps, a large family roast).
  • The Smart Oven is quick to heat up, and is more efficient than larger ovens in this way.

Points to consider

• Some reviewers found that this Breville Smart Oven was difficult to clean.
CategoryBenchtop / Toaster Ovens and Air Fryers