Spacious cooking capacity
Food is crispy and soft
Quick heating times
Reviewer Photos & Videos
It caught fire
I have been using this for over a year , when it works its great but very hard to clean .I was using the air fryer and my son smelt smoke i went into the kitchen to find it was on fire with smoke pouring out of the back. I have been in contact about a refund and was asked to send proof of purchase and photos , i have done this but as yet no response that was 2 months ago
Purchased in August 2019 at Myer for $449.00.
Worst appliance I have ever bought
The air fryer is impossible to clean it has a sticky substance on the bottom which won’t come off it looks like it hasn’t been cleaned in months but is only a few weeks old
Purchased in September 2020 at Harvey Norman.
part of the oven peeling
Purchased on April 27, 2020 and used almost daily. We liked it until today (June 10) It started to smoke and smelled like rubber or electrical burning. Paint is peeling off the outside, close to the controls. We are taking it back. I don't want aerosolized toxins in our food.
Purchased in April 2020.
Find out how Breville the Smart Oven Air Fryer compares to other Benchtop / Toaster Ovens
Know better, choose better.
Questions & Answers
Am I able to use a second air fry basket at the same time? I have seen some videos that show this but I'm not sure. I wanted to know before I buy the second mesh tray from Breville.
I have had a Breville smart oven BOV860BTR for 1 year now and the black paint has started to peel away from the door area next to the front control panel. Has anyone had this happen to theirs? Is this a manufacturing fault and would warranty cover this fault? Paying over $400 , you would expect better quality.
The air fryer basket.. what is it made of? Is it stainless steel?
Get an answer from our members and Breville representatives
- Comes with 10 pre-set cooking functions, which are: toast, crumpet, bake, grill, roast, air fry, pizza, slow cook, re-heat and warm.
- A large 22-litre capacity allows you to toast 6 slices of toast, cook a 30-cm pizza, roast a chicken, or place a 9-cup muffin tray inside the Smart Oven.
- Uses Breville’s trademarked Element iQ system ‘super convection’ method. This maximises airflow and directs power to where it’s needed, for more even cooking and a crispy exterior on foods.
- A brushed stainless steel body features a durable construction.
- Comes with the following accessories: an air fry basket, enamel roasting pan, 30cm non-stick pizza pan, wire rack and grilling rack.
Points of praise
- The majority of reviewers were happy with the performance of their Breville Smart Oven Air Fryer. Reviewers shared that it cooked roasts, grills and air fries food really well - including French fries and wedges, roast potatoes, roast meat, pizza, garlic bread, and muffins.
- Food is crispy on the outside and soft on the outside.
- The 22-litre capacity is spacious, allowing home chefs to cook large batches of food (barring, perhaps, a large family roast).
- The Smart Oven is quick to heat up, and is more efficient than larger ovens in this way.
Points to consider
- Some reviewers found that this Breville Smart Oven was difficult to clean.
|Category||Benchtop / Toaster Ovens and Air Fryers|
|Dimensions||480 x 403 x 278 mm|
|Dishwasher Safe Parts||No|
|Dimensions||480 x 403 x 278 mm|
|Manufacturer Warranty||2 year(s)|
|Construction Material||Stainless Steel|
|Colour / Finish||Brushed Stainless Steel or Black|
|Release date||Jan 2019|
- GTIN13: 9312432018807
- MPN: BOV860BSS and BOV860BTR
Other Benchtop / Toaster Ovens
ProductReview.com.au has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence our content moderation policies in any way, though ProductReview.com.au may earn commissions for products/services purchased via affiliate links.