Spacious cooking capacity
Food is crispy and soft
Quick heating times
Reviewer Photos & Videos
It does not have thorough explanations of using each program. Very basic, have no idea how to cook a roast in it. When i follow instructions it takes much longer to air fry than i want. Its taken me 40 minutes to air fry calamari after heating oven. Wouldnt recommend this product
Purchased in April 2020 at Appliances Online for $465.00.
Not worth it, check door fit
I purchased the BOV860 two days ago and returned it today. The door did not align with the body and the Air Fryer was not worth the extra money, almost $500 and you can get the BOV845 for under $300. I have two of the previous models of the oven, one about nine years old which still works well and the other about three years old and the fan has stopped working so thats why I bought the new one. The quality of the new one is very inferior to previous models. I was going to replace the BOV860 with another one. I checked four new ones and they all had problems with the doors. When I checked new BOV845 models all the doors fitted well. I think Breville should look hard and fast at their supplier.
Purchased in June 2019 for $370.00.
Very Very Disappointed
After many happy years using the Breville BOV800 Smart Oven, I was excited to upgrade to the new BOV860. Sadly, the first unit had an LCD issue, so I exchanged it for another unit. The second unit had the same LCD issue, but also had an issue with the door catching on the crumb tray; each time the door is opened the bottom of the door catches on the crumb tray and pushes it out. The door on the BOV800 opens from the front bottom edge, but the BOV860 opens from the central point of the door which means that as the door closes it has the opportu...nity to catch on the crumb tray. I did air fry some frozen potato chips in each unit which turned out very nicely golden brown and crunchy on the default air fry setting at 20 minutes. Another thing I believe worth mentioning is the packaging; both times when I was unpacking the ovens, I felt that the packaging was flimsy. There are thin plastic bags around each item fastened with 1 piece of sticky tape, and the oven itself has chunky foam at each end protecting it, but the unboxing experience feels cheap. This oven is definitely not 'cheap' at $499, so the packaging lets it down, it is not as hefty and protective as what I would expect at this price point. There are no recipe books included with the oven which I find surprising, and this oven doesn't come with any built in. The videos you see online are almost all of the American model, which has similar but more features than the Australian version. I think this is very poor decision, and the lack of Australian online content makes me feel that this oven was rushed to market.
Purchased in June 2019 at Bing Lee for $499.00.
Find out how Breville the Smart Oven Air Fryer compares to other Benchtop / Toaster Ovens
Know better, choose better.
Questions & Answers
Am I able to use a second air fry basket at the same time? I have seen some videos that show this but I'm not sure. I wanted to know before I buy the second mesh tray from Breville.
I have had a Breville smart oven BOV860BTR for 1 year now and the black paint has started to peel away from the door area next to the front control panel. Has anyone had this happen to theirs? Is this a manufacturing fault and would warranty cover this fault? Paying over $400 , you would expect better quality.
The air fryer basket.. what is it made of? Is it stainless steel?
Get an answer from our members and Breville representatives
- Comes with 10 pre-set cooking functions, which are: toast, crumpet, bake, grill, roast, air fry, pizza, slow cook, re-heat and warm.
- A large 22-litre capacity allows you to toast 6 slices of toast, cook a 30-cm pizza, roast a chicken, or place a 9-cup muffin tray inside the Smart Oven.
- Uses Breville’s trademarked Element iQ system ‘super convection’ method. This maximises airflow and directs power to where it’s needed, for more even cooking and a crispy exterior on foods.
- A brushed stainless steel body features a durable construction.
- Comes with the following accessories: an air fry basket, enamel roasting pan, 30cm non-stick pizza pan, wire rack and grilling rack.
Points of praise
- The majority of reviewers were happy with the performance of their Breville Smart Oven Air Fryer. Reviewers shared that it cooked roasts, grills and air fries food really well - including French fries and wedges, roast potatoes, roast meat, pizza, garlic bread, and muffins.
- Food is crispy on the outside and soft on the outside.
- The 22-litre capacity is spacious, allowing home chefs to cook large batches of food (barring, perhaps, a large family roast).
- The Smart Oven is quick to heat up, and is more efficient than larger ovens in this way.
Points to consider
- Some reviewers found that this Breville Smart Oven was difficult to clean.
|Category||Benchtop / Toaster Ovens and Air Fryers|
|Dimensions||480 x 403 x 278 mm|
|Dishwasher Safe Parts||No|
|Dimensions||480 x 403 x 278 mm|
|Manufacturer Warranty||2 year(s)|
|Construction Material||Stainless Steel|
|Colour / Finish||Brushed Stainless Steel or Black|
|Release date||Jan 2019|
- GTIN13: 9312432018807
- MPN: BOV860BSS and BOV860BTR
Other Benchtop / Toaster Ovens
ProductReview.com.au has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence our content moderation policies in any way, though ProductReview.com.au may earn commissions for products/services purchased via affiliate links.