Breville the Smart Oven Air Fryer

Breville the Smart Oven Air Fryer

MPNs: BOV860BSS and BOV860BTR

Benchtop and Toaster Ovens Buying Guide

Everyone loves a good, home-cooked meal - crispy-crust pizza, anyone? A benchtop/toaster oven is a mini, portable oven that sits on your kitchen counter and achieves delicious results. Read on for more information about whether a toaster oven is right for you.

Read now
Buying Guide Banner

Jane M.

Jane M.Perth, WA

Nice, but misrepresented Aussie functions

Nice, but ripped off by AU specs. No proofing or dehydrating in Aussie unit & like others here - I thought I did my research. Love the black colour, easy to operate and cooks a charm.

Purchased in December 2020 at Harvey Norman.

Apple

AppleGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

very handy and I used it every day since purchase

I really like this smart oven day 1, it can cook very crispy chips, fried chicken and bake nice cake as well. except one thing - it's actually quite hard to clean compare to the traditional oven.

Purchased in May 2020 at David Jones for $429.00.

crisssydoll

crisssydollSouthwest, VIC

Meh.....pretty mediocre

It does not have thorough explanations of using each program. Very basic, have no idea how to cook a roast in it. When i follow instructions it takes much longer to air fry than i want. Its taken me 40 minutes to air fry calamari after heating oven. Wouldnt recommend this product

Purchased in April 2020 at Appliances Online for $465.00.

Benchtop / Toaster Ovens

Find out how Breville the Smart Oven Air Fryer compares to other Benchtop / Toaster Ovens

Addison Elwood

Addison ElwoodGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Good things come in small packages

Bought this six months ago as a temporary replacement for my regular oven that’s on its way out. It’s done it’s job having cooked roast meat, baked cakes and other snack foods. While it’s done it’s job and certainly filled a void with my cooking needs it does need some improvements. The roof of the oven is extremely difficult to clean. Can’t remove oily splatters off the roof and my light doesn’t switch on when the door is opened. This aside it does crackle my pork really well and it’s great for frozen pizzas and oven cooking small meals. Although it has an airfry option it won’t replace my airfryer.

Purchased at The Good Guys for $499.00.

Breville Fan

Breville FanPerth, WA

Love my BOV860 Smart Oven Air Fryer

I have one issue and that is my reluctance to use the air fryer tray without lining it with tin foil before air frying any foods that drip since the catch tray lays beneath the base elements which cop all these drippings and I'm unable to perfectly clean doing as per instructions, consequently defeating the purpose of an air fryer. I refer to foods such as chips, chicken patties, bacon and the Broiling pan is not big enough for chicken kebabs. If I'm able to find the correct size baking tray would that be okay to place at the lowest position of the oven in order to catch drippings plus protect the elements, or does Breville offer an accessory for this very purpose?

Purchased in May 2019 at The Good Guys.

Les F

Les FSydney, NSW

Not worth it, check door fit

I purchased the BOV860 two days ago and returned it today. The door did not align with the body and the Air Fryer was not worth the extra money, almost $500 and you can get the BOV845 for under $300. I have two of the previous models of the oven, one about nine years old which still works well and the other about three years old and the fan has stopped working so thats why I bought the new one. The quality of the new one is very inferior to previous models. I was going to replace the BOV860 with another one. I checked four new ones and they all had problems with the doors. When I checked new BOV845 models all the doors fitted well. I think Breville should look hard and fast at their supplier.

Purchased in June 2019 for $370.00.

Breville
BrevilleBreville

We are very sorry to hear about the issue you are having with your oven and we will be looking into the door fitting. We do understand your frustration and truly do value your feed back on this.

JasonI

JasonISydney, NSW

Very Very Disappointed

• +1Thumbnail

Purchased in June 2019 at Bing Lee for $499.00.

Breville
BrevilleBreville
LittleJimmy

LittleJimmyBunbury

Compact smart oven is also a great air fryer

Purchased in May 2019.

csutak40Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Great, on the whole - shame we are America's poor cousin

Purchased in May 2019.

Benchtop / Toaster Ovens

See all Breville the Smart Oven Air Fryer reviews

Chris A

Chris Aasked

Can I use baking paper to line the air fryer basket in the Breville 860 smart oven to minimise drip onto the elements which are apparently difficult to clean? If the extra airfryer baskets become available in NZ again, can I successfully use 2 at once with the air fry function? Like many other members, I obviously would have preferred to purchase the larger 900 model. Can’t understand why Breville could not offer it to their AU/NZ customers. We don’t have smaller families than in the US!

Andy

Andyasked

I heard that the AU version does not have the dehydration function, can anyone confirm this?

Gayle asked

Hi team I am considering purchasing a Breville Smart Oven but I have not been able to find out if it is possible to install it into my caravan using the space I have for my microwave. I am concerned that it might need more breathing space around it. Could please advise me if it possible to safety install it in my van. Many thanks. Cheers Gayle

Linda
Linda

It is the same size as a micro wave and will fit in a caravan but don’t waste your money I sent emails and pictures of my air fryer with a question of how to clean it , it is a nightmare to clean and after several times asking I got a very sarcastic email try using a scourer and soap and water :/ I will never buy a breville product again Customer service sucks

Gayle

Thanks Linda did not think about it being up high and difficult to clean. Cheers

Get an answer from our members and Breville representatives

CategoryBenchtop / Toaster Ovens and Air Fryers