Breville the Smart Oven Air Fryer

Breville the Smart Oven Air Fryer

MPNs: BOV860BSS and BOV860BTR

Benchtop and Toaster Ovens Buying Guide

Everyone loves a good, home-cooked meal - crispy-crust pizza, anyone? A benchtop/toaster oven is a mini, portable oven that sits on your kitchen counter and achieves delicious results. Read on for more information about whether a toaster oven is right for you.

Read now
Buying Guide Banner

4.3

• Product is used
Jane M.

Jane M.Perth, WA

Nice, but misrepresented Aussie functions

Nice, but ripped off by AU specs. No proofing or dehydrating in Aussie unit & like others here - I thought I did my research. Love the black colour, easy to operate and cooks a charm.

Purchased in December 2020 at Harvey Norman.

Apple

AppleGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

very handy and I used it every day since purchase

I really like this smart oven day 1, it can cook very crispy chips, fried chicken and bake nice cake as well. except one thing - it's actually quite hard to clean compare to the traditional oven.

Purchased in May 2020 at David Jones for $429.00.

Breville Fan

Breville FanPerth, WA

Love my BOV860 Smart Oven Air Fryer

I have one issue and that is my reluctance to use the air fryer tray without lining it with tin foil before air frying any foods that drip since the catch tray lays beneath the base elements which cop all these drippings and I'm unable to perfectly clean doing as per instructions, consequently defeating the purpose of an air fryer. I refer to foods such as chips, chicken patties, bacon and the Broiling pan is not big enough for chicken kebabs. If I'm able to find the correct size baking tray would that be okay to place at the lowest position of the oven in order to catch drippings plus protect the elements, or does Breville offer an accessory for this very purpose?

Purchased in May 2019 at The Good Guys.

Benchtop / Toaster Ovens

Find out how Breville the Smart Oven Air Fryer compares to other Benchtop / Toaster Ovens

LittleJimmy

LittleJimmyBunbury

Compact smart oven is also a great air fryer

Purchased in May 2019.

See all Breville the Smart Oven Air Fryer reviews

Chris A

Chris Aasked

Can I use baking paper to line the air fryer basket in the Breville 860 smart oven to minimise drip onto the elements which are apparently difficult to clean? If the extra airfryer baskets become available in NZ again, can I successfully use 2 at once with the air fry function? Like many other members, I obviously would have preferred to purchase the larger 900 model. Can’t understand why Breville could not offer it to their AU/NZ customers. We don’t have smaller families than in the US!

Andy

Andyasked

I heard that the AU version does not have the dehydration function, can anyone confirm this?

Gayle asked

Hi team I am considering purchasing a Breville Smart Oven but I have not been able to find out if it is possible to install it into my caravan using the space I have for my microwave. I am concerned that it might need more breathing space around it. Could please advise me if it possible to safety install it in my van. Many thanks. Cheers Gayle

Linda
Linda

It is the same size as a micro wave and will fit in a caravan but don’t waste your money I sent emails and pictures of my air fryer with a question of how to clean it , it is a nightmare to clean and after several times asking I got a very sarcastic email try using a scourer and soap and water :/ I will never buy a breville product again Customer service sucks

Gayle

Thanks Linda did not think about it being up high and difficult to clean. Cheers

Get an answer from our members and Breville representatives

CategoryBenchtop / Toaster Ovens and Air Fryers