Breville the Smart Oven Air Fryer

Breville the Smart Oven Air Fryer

MPNs: BOV860BSS and BOV860BTR
Listing monitored by Breville

Pros

• Spacious cooking capacity

• Food is crispy and soft

• Quick heating times

• Product is used

SAMMY
SAMMYHobart, TAS

This pocket rocket is awesome

Just bought this little unit and have tried out a few functions already. So far so good. Its easy to set up and use with a pre set buttons for most things. We tried out the chip mesh tray and it was great. Chips were crispy but not too dry and nice that they weren't oily. Chicken strip's were also delicious in the air fryer. Crispy on the outside and juicy and moist inside. I will update more functions as I use them.

Purchased in October 2020 at Harvey Norman Retail Stores - Appliances for $399.00.

Robyn R
Robyn RSouth East Queensland, QLD

I use it so much more than expected.

I originally bought this to act as a "sort of" proofing oven but find myself using it often for many other things. I love the air-fryer for potato wedges - thanks for nothing Breville - but it toasts gluten free bread really well, grills very gently, and even fits my 26cm casserole pot. It's an excellent addition to my kitchen freeing up space in the built in 90cm oven for larger items and also quicker to heat for smaller jobs

Purchased in April 2020 at Harvey Norman for $479.00.

Alan
AlanSydney, NSW

Breville Smart Oven Fryer a definite winner in our household, work place and farm.

I have three of the original Breville Smart Ovens, at home, at work and at the farm. I recently upgrade to the Smart Oven Air Fryer. A great appliance that can just about cook anything. A bit small for the large family roast. I cook the vegetables in the Smart Oven and Meat or Chicken in the Smart Oven Air Fryer. My Sister and Brother have purchased the Smart Oven Air Fryer for their kitchens. No need for the gas oven.

Purchased in April 2020 for $480.00.

Benchtop / Toaster Ovens

Find out how Breville the Smart Oven Air Fryer compares to other Benchtop / Toaster Ovens

Brian
BrianGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Breville Smart Oven Air Fryer - loving it!

This Breville Smart Oven Air Fryer is proving really versatile. I am loving experimenting with it. I can see that my normal twin full size ovens will be getting far less use now.

St John M.
St John M.

Great

We love this little oven. So useful and fast. Got the air fryer to go on top of the straight oven/toaster.
Very useful combo
Its very easy to program and so is useful.

Purchased in June 2020 at Harvey Norman for $500.00.

The best kitchen appliances in 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-best-kitchen-appliances-in-2020

Best Fridges and Dishwashers in 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
best-fridges-and-dishwashers-in-2020

Avleen M.
Avleen M.23 July 2021

Love love love

This is a fantastic oven . We live in a rental property with a really terrible oven , so i bought this oven as substitute for anything i wanted browned instead of steamed . I cook roast meats , great roast potatoes , cakes, pizza and muffins to name a few .The reheat and warm options are very helpful. I can't live without my new oven .

Purchased in February 2020 at Betta Home Living for $450.00.

Colin Foley
Colin FoleyGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Great machine, don't even use the oven any more!

Great product, perfect for a family of three, best toast ever and have used every function. Only thing is it can take about 20% longer to cook then packet would suggest

Purchased at JB Hi-Fi for $350.00.

Burkstrum
BurkstrumCaloundra

Pizza in 10 minute's!

I love fried food. I can cook fresh home made pizza in 10 minutes, frozen fries come out crispy, cheesy garlic bread is a breeze! I love all of the functions this little oven has and it's the perfect counter top oven for those smaller meals.

Purchased in January 2020 at The Good Guys Online store for $428.00.

Mimi
MimiSouth East Queensland, QLD

Very, very happy with this oven.

Purchased in October 2019 at Myers for $400.00.

MarnieB
MarnieBSouthwest, VIC

Couldn’t live without it.

This oven is the utter best. I would be lost without it. It’s versatility is second to none. It grills, toasts, bakes, roasts, slow cooks reheats. I bake cakes, roast meat slow cook casseroles reheat snacks bake vegies. If you need an over then this does it all & so easy to clean.

Purchased in June 2018 at The Good Guys for $275.00.

Sharon
SharonPerth, WA

So glad I made the investment

Purchased in July 2019 at David Jones for $469.00.

Cayenne
CayenneSouth East Queensland, QLD

The Breville BOV860 Smart Oven is the best thing since sliced bread!

Purchased in June 2019 at The Good Guys for $424.00.

Mac31
Mac31Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

So far so good

Purchased in July 2019 at Myer for $424.00.

Nic
Nicbrisbane

It's a Cracka!

Purchased in April 2019.

I’m glad your in my life

Slow cooker is the best. I put on as I get to work and my breakfast is ready on time! Cheese toastier are delish too! All the boys love it as well

Purchased in January 2019.

Robyn P.
Robyn P.asked

Am I able to use a second air fry basket at the same time? I have seen some videos that show this but I'm not sure. I wanted to know before I buy the second mesh tray from Breville.

Laurie M.
Laurie M.asked

I have had a Breville smart oven BOV860BTR for 1 year now and the black paint has started to peel away from the door area next to the front control panel. Has anyone had this happen to theirs? Is this a manufacturing fault and would warranty cover this fault? Paying over $400 , you would expect better quality.

Harry
Harry asked

Hi All,
The air fryer basket.. what is it made of? Is it stainless steel?

See all Breville the Smart Oven Air Fryer questions

Get an answer from our members and Breville representatives

Features

• Comes with 10 pre-set cooking functions, which are: toast, crumpet, bake, grill, roast, air fry, pizza, slow cook, re-heat and warm.
  • A large 22-litre capacity allows you to toast 6 slices of toast, cook a 30-cm pizza, roast a chicken, or place a 9-cup muffin tray inside the Smart Oven.
  • Uses Breville’s trademarked Element iQ system ‘super convection’ method. This maximises airflow and directs power to where it’s needed, for more even cooking and a crispy exterior on foods.
  • A brushed stainless steel body features a durable construction.
  • Comes with the following accessories: an air fry basket, enamel roasting pan, 30cm non-stick pizza pan, wire rack and grilling rack.

Points of praise

• The majority of reviewers were happy with the performance of their Breville Smart Oven Air Fryer. Reviewers shared that it cooked roasts, grills and air fries food really well - including French fries and wedges, roast potatoes, roast meat, pizza, garlic bread, and muffins.
  • Food is crispy on the outside and soft on the outside.
  • The 22-litre capacity is spacious, allowing home chefs to cook large batches of food (barring, perhaps, a large family roast).
  • The Smart Oven is quick to heat up, and is more efficient than larger ovens in this way.

Points to consider

• Some reviewers found that this Breville Smart Oven was difficult to clean.
CategoryBenchtop / Toaster Ovens and Air Fryers