Breville the Smart Oven Air Fryer

Breville the Smart Oven Air Fryer

MPNs: BOV860BSS and BOV860BTR

Benchtop and Toaster Ovens Buying Guide

Everyone loves a good, home-cooked meal - crispy-crust pizza, anyone? A benchtop/toaster oven is a mini, portable oven that sits on your kitchen counter and achieves delicious results. Read on for more information about whether a toaster oven is right for you.

Read now
Buying Guide Banner

LindaGreat Southern, WA

Worst appliance I have ever bought

The air fryer is impossible to clean it has a sticky substance on the bottom which won’t come off it looks like it hasn’t been cleaned in months but is only a few weeks old

Purchased in September 2020 at Harvey Norman.

SAMMY

SAMMYHobart, TAS

This pocket rocket is awesome

Just bought this little unit and have tried out a few functions already. So far so good. Its easy to set up and use with a pre set buttons for most things. We tried out the chip mesh tray and it was great. Chips were crispy but not too dry and nice that they weren't oily. Chicken strip's were also delicious in the air fryer. Crispy on the outside and juicy and moist inside. I will update more functions as I use them.

Purchased in October 2020 at Harvey Norman Retail Stores - Appliances for $399.00.

Robyn R

Robyn RSouth East Queensland, QLD

I use it so much more than expected.

I originally bought this to act as a "sort of" proofing oven but find myself using it often for many other things. I love the air-fryer for potato wedges - thanks for nothing Breville - but it toasts gluten free bread really well, grills very gently, and even fits my 26cm casserole pot. It's an excellent addition to my kitchen freeing up space in the built in 90cm oven for larger items and also quicker to heat for smaller jobs

Purchased in April 2020 at Harvey Norman for $479.00.

Benchtop / Toaster Ovens

Find out how Breville the Smart Oven Air Fryer compares to other Benchtop / Toaster Ovens

Alan

AlanSydney, NSW

Breville Smart Oven Fryer a definite winner in our household, work place and farm.

I have three of the original Breville Smart Ovens, at home, at work and at the farm. I recently upgrade to the Smart Oven Air Fryer. A great appliance that can just about cook anything. A bit small for the large family roast. I cook the vegetables in the Smart Oven and Meat or Chicken in the Smart Oven Air Fryer. My Sister and Brother have purchased the Smart Oven Air Fryer for their kitchens. No need for the gas oven.

Purchased in April 2020 for $480.00.

Brian

BrianGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Breville Smart Oven Air Fryer - loving it!

This Breville Smart Oven Air Fryer is proving really versatile. I am loving experimenting with it. I can see that my normal twin full size ovens will be getting far less use now.

St John M.

St John M.

Great

We love this little oven. So useful and fast. Got the air fryer to go on top of the straight oven/toaster.
Very useful combo
Its very easy to program and so is useful.

Purchased in June 2020 at Harvey Norman for $500.00.

part of the oven peeling

Purchased on April 27, 2020 and used almost daily. We liked it until today (June 10) It started to smoke and smelled like rubber or electrical burning. Paint is peeling off the outside, close to the controls. We are taking it back. I don't want aerosolized toxins in our food.

Purchased in April 2020.

Love love love

This is a fantastic oven . We live in a rental property with a really terrible oven , so i bought this oven as substitute for anything i wanted browned instead of steamed . I cook roast meats , great roast potatoes , cakes, pizza and muffins to name a few .The reheat and warm options are very helpful. I can't live without my new oven .

Purchased in February 2020 at Betta Home Living for $450.00.

Colin Foley

Colin FoleyGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Great machine, don't even use the oven any more!

Great product, perfect for a family of three, best toast ever and have used every function. Only thing is it can take about 20% longer to cook then packet would suggest

Purchased at JB Hi-Fi for $350.00.

Burkstrum

BurkstrumCaloundra

Pizza in 10 minute's!

I love fried food. I can cook fresh home made pizza in 10 minutes, frozen fries come out crispy, cheesy garlic bread is a breeze! I love all of the functions this little oven has and it's the perfect counter top oven for those smaller meals.

Purchased in January 2020 at The Good Guys Online store for $428.00.

Elle

ElleSouth East Queensland, QLD

Can't get it hot - chips have taken 75 mins and still cooking!

My first ever use of this machine and I'm disappointed. I thought it would be a faster cooker, not painstakingly slower. I'm about to give up cooking chips in the Breville and put them in my normal oven as it's been well over an hour now. Not sure if there's something wrong with my machine or if if this is just it. Very disappointing as I was so excited to use it! Will need to take it back I think as this is basically unusable.

Purchased in January 2020 at The Good Guys for $499.00.

Euan

Euan

Breville Smart Oven/ Air Fryer model BOV860 Error E05 if you have solar panels

We had just bought a new Breville BOV860 bench-top oven/toaster. We followed the pre-use instructions exactly. About 30 seconds after the pre-use heating had been completed error code E05 showed on the control panel. I called the Breville customer support number and explained the problem. The immediate response from the support person was 'Do you have solar panels?' which we do. It seems that there is an issue with these appliances where they do not work if the premises have solar panels.
We will be returning the oven to the store where we bought it.
Very disappointed (we did not even get to try using it) and not good enough considering that approx. 25% of households have solar panels.

Purchased in December 2019 at Harvey Norman Retail Stores - Appliances.

Mimi

MimiSouth East Queensland, QLD

Very, very happy with this oven.

Purchased in October 2019 at Myers for $400.00.

Rusty air fryer basket

Initially I was excited to buy the product however the product is not even 1 month with me the air fryer basket started to get rusty on my first use. If this is made for food it should not rust at all plus it is a stainless steel it should not rust. Tried contacting Breville and their customer service representative is useless, I was promised they will send air fryer basket 5 to 7 business days and I've even given them chance to extend it till 3 weeks the basket hasn't come yet. Tried calling again and was advised they still need few more days to get it delivered. How ridiculous this company can be!

Will never buy their products again and will never recommend to everyone.

Purchased in September 2019 at Harvey Norman for $350.00.

MarnieB

MarnieBSouthwest, VIC

Couldn’t live without it.

This oven is the utter best. I would be lost without it. It’s versatility is second to none. It grills, toasts, bakes, roasts, slow cooks reheats. I bake cakes, roast meat slow cook casseroles reheat snacks bake vegies. If you need an over then this does it all & so easy to clean.

Purchased in June 2018 at The Good Guys for $275.00.

Sharon

SharonPerth, WA

So glad I made the investment

Purchased in July 2019 at David Jones for $469.00.

Cayenne

CayenneSouth East Queensland, QLD

The Breville BOV860 Smart Oven is the best thing since sliced bread!

Purchased in June 2019 at The Good Guys for $424.00.

Mac31

Mac31Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

So far so good

Purchased in July 2019 at Myer for $424.00.

TC80Gold Coast

Needs to be recalled. Buy BOV845 instead.

Purchased in June 2019 at The Good Guys for $499.00.

Breville
BrevilleBreville
TC80

Hi, I got no reply from socialmedia@breville.com.au

TC80

Still no reply from socialmedia@breville.com.au

Nic

Nicbrisbane

It's a Cracka!

Purchased in April 2019.

See all Breville the Smart Oven Air Fryer reviews

Chris A

Chris Aasked

Can I use baking paper to line the air fryer basket in the Breville 860 smart oven to minimise drip onto the elements which are apparently difficult to clean? If the extra airfryer baskets become available in NZ again, can I successfully use 2 at once with the air fry function? Like many other members, I obviously would have preferred to purchase the larger 900 model. Can’t understand why Breville could not offer it to their AU/NZ customers. We don’t have smaller families than in the US!

Andy

Andyasked

I heard that the AU version does not have the dehydration function, can anyone confirm this?

Gayle asked

Hi team I am considering purchasing a Breville Smart Oven but I have not been able to find out if it is possible to install it into my caravan using the space I have for my microwave. I am concerned that it might need more breathing space around it. Could please advise me if it possible to safety install it in my van. Many thanks. Cheers Gayle

Linda

It is the same size as a micro wave and will fit in a caravan but don’t waste your money I sent emails and pictures of my air fryer with a question of how to clean it , it is a nightmare to clean and after several times asking I got a very sarcastic email try using a scourer and soap and water :/ I will never buy a breville product again Customer service sucks

Gayle

Thanks Linda did not think about it being up high and difficult to clean. Cheers

Get an answer from our members and Breville representatives

CategoryBenchtop / Toaster Ovens and Air Fryers