MPN: BKE445

Great, long lasting kettle which has had lots of use

I have just replaced our office kettle (Breville Soft Open Kettle) which was used upwards of 20 times a day, at least five days a week for three years.
It has been quick to boil, not too noisy, easy to use and refill using the water level window and it looks good too. I have bought the same kettle again as it's lasted and worked so well for so long and is well priced.

Purchased at Myer for $69.00.

Terrific Kettle At The Right Price

If you are looking for a well priced kettle that looks and works well, then this is the one for you! It is a stand out in the market. Wouldn’t think twice in buying another.

Purchased in June 2019.

Good jug

Bought this recently when a cheaper version started leaking. This is much heavier and still getting used to when it has 1-2 cups of water in it. Otherwise seems good .

Purchased in March 2019 at Big W Retail Stores for $59.00.

Recommended buy

We are very happy with this attractive kettle. It pours without dribbling and this sets it above cheaper plastic kettles we have used in the past. It also has a higher wattage than our old plastic kettle so water boils quickly. It sits on the base easily, which I can't say is true for all kettles I have used. One negative is the water level behind the handle is not well illuminated so, with condensation in the plastic viewing window, the level can be hard to see. You must be careful not to burn your hands as steel conducts heat better than plastic but this is common sense for most people and a minor consideration when choosing between steel and plastic.

Date PurchasedAug 2018

Breville Soft Open Kettle BKE445

I purchased this kettle on 15 July 2017. While it has performed well while I've had it I now find that the edge off the opening where you fill the kettle with water is starting to rust.
This is a Stainless Steel Kettle and as such should have been made properly by sealing the steel after shaping the kettle. I am not saying this wasn't done, but if it had been done properly the kettle would have lasted more than 1 year and 6 months.
I only saw the rust a couple off months ago but until now have not had time to return the item to Myer where I bought it which is what I will be doing tomorrow. I will request a refund because even though there is only a 12 months warranty on the item, the kettle is not fit for the purpose it was intended given it is rusting after such a short time and it cost $55.96 and that was on special.

Date PurchasedJul 2017

Perfect

I bought my new BKE445 new Kettle 5 months ago.It is really good and fantastic kettle.Less noise and boiling fast. Love light indication and shape of the kettle.easy to clean and store after use.1.7 ml perfect size for my family.I bought my kettle from Myer when it was 20% off. Love the price and the product.

Date PurchasedJul 2017