VerifiedMPN:BKE445

4.4

Marie
Marie 8 posts

Great for a cuppa!!

Love the general design which is sleek and easy to clean in a busy kitchen. Its also easy to put the kettle on and off the base. The length of the cord is great if you have few appliances on the bench or if your power point is a bit out of reach.
I love the slow opening of the lid at the press of a button, just a nice little feature, it adds to the general enjoyment of the appliance...but maybe its just me!
Its very quiet while in use and the blue light makes it easier to see its operating. Its a very decent size and its surprisingly quick to get to the boiling point, even when its filled to the MAX line.
Overall, a very nice addition to the kitchen, perfect value for money. We've had ours for many years and are very happy!
Belinda M.
Belinda M.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC2 posts

Great Kettle!

This Kettle is fast to heat up and simple to use and determine the water level. I have had it for several years and it is still going strong. The outside of the kettle does get hot once it has boiled although the handle remains cool.
Rach
Rach

Long lasting

Really good Kettle. A little noisy. I've had this one for about 6-7 years and have never had an issue up until now as I have noticed water leaking from the bottom. I will be buying another one though because that's not bad for 6-7 years of daily use Show details
wusyc
wusycGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC25 posts

Water leakage at handle

The kettle is nice looking and small. It is also quiet compared to other Breville kettles that I used before.

It is disappointing that there is a water leakage at the bottom of the handle. That is just above the power switch. Water dripping down to the switch can be a potential electrical hazard.

I ordered from Amazon, returned and got a replacement. The replacement did the same and got a refund. Lucky that I was dealing with Amazon - return, replacement and refund is a breeze. Show details

Lisa M
Lisa MGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC5 posts

Breville good

I bought this kettle last month and it does the job very effectively. The water heats quickly and isn't too noisy. The soft open lid helps to prevent scalding. I really like being able to put the kettle down on the multi direction base. Recommend to anyone wanting an inexpensive kettle. Show details
Noreen W
Noreen WGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC4 posts

Great, long lasting kettle which has had lots of use

I have just replaced our office kettle (Breville Soft Open Kettle) which was used upwards of 20 times a day, at least five days a week for three years.
It has been quick to boil, not too noisy, easy to use and refill using the water level window and it looks good too. I have bought the same kettle again as it's lasted and worked so well for so long and is well priced. Show details
Iza Brown
Iza Brown6 posts

Terrific Kettle At The Right Price

If you are looking for a well priced kettle that looks and works well, then this is the one for you! It is a stand out in the market. Wouldn’t think twice in buying another. Show details
PDS
PDSBlacktown16 posts

Good jug

Bought this recently when a cheaper version started leaking. This is much heavier and still getting used to when it has 1-2 cups of water in it. Otherwise seems good . Show details
Graham
GrahamCentral West, NSW10 posts

Recommended buy

We are very happy with this attractive kettle. It pours without dribbling and this sets it above cheaper plastic kettles we have used in the past. It also has a higher wattage than our old plastic kettle so water boils quickly. It sits on the base easily, which I can't say is true for all kettles I have used. One negative is the water level behind the handle is not well illuminated so, with condensation in the plastic viewing window, the level can be hard to see. You must be careful not to burn your hands as steel conducts heat better than plastic but this is common sense for most people and a minor consideration when choosing between steel and plastic.

Show details

Faypa
FaypaAU104 posts
Kish
KishSydney, NSW6 posts

Perfect

I bought my new BKE445 new Kettle 5 months ago.It is really good and fantastic kettle.Less noise and boiling fast. Love light indication and shape of the kettle.easy to clean and store after use.1.7 ml perfect size for my family.I bought my kettle from Myer when it was 20% off. Love the price and the product.

Show details