Breville the Temp Select BKE720

Simply Wonderful

Having had one temperature select kettle I would never be without one. The Breville is the one. Well priced and from a reputable company this kettle looks great is easy to clean and fill and is so simple to operate, yet includes every necessary feature including a 'keep warm' The green glass sometimes makes the water level hard to read but other than that a pleasure to have in my kitchen

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Beeping Brilliant!

I never knew I needed more than a cheap BigW kettle until I bought this one when I needed to make *warm* water (not boiling).

It does a boil for 5 temps up to 100C for black tea
It can keep the water warm
It stops when it's done
All controlled by the buttons, just like a microwave oven.

I cannot understand the childishness of scoring a kettle down because it beeps like a washer or microwave. And who boils water outside the bedroom at the same time they are sleeping? lol.

Had this bad boy for 15 months. Best.kettle.ever

Date PurchasedJul 2016

Beeping was a deal breaker

I was quite looking forward to my perfectly made green tea, before ole disco kettle here woke up the baby. Unfortunately there is no option to silence the beeping (which happens on every button press, plus an extra three times when temperature is reached). The keep warm function and countdown timer were big plus points for me, alas they weren't enough to drown out the beeping and the unit was returned.

Date PurchasedJun 2017

Good, but unnecessary beeping

I bought this as the cheapest reputable branded temp control kettle. It works just fine and does everything it says on the tin. The keep warm function is super handy. But it beeps all the time! Turn it on - beep; take it off the element - beep; put it back on - beep; finishes heating - beeps three times! It's new though so I'll probably get used to it.

Date PurchasedJul 2017

This goo... BEEP! and when.. BEEEEP BEEEP!... So that's why...BEEEEP!

So basically it's a great kettle if you can stand incesent beeping for literally everything that happens.
You select a temperature and it beeps up to five times depending on which temp you select. You press start, it beeps. It finished boiling, it beeeeeeeps three times. You take it off the base, it beeps. You put it back, it beeps.
It's a loud obnoxious beep too.
Other than that, it's a nice design, boils fast and pours well. You just need to keep it miles away from bedroom and take your hearing aid out.

Date PurchasedJul 2017

Like the kettle

I like the kettle, boils quickly, it's not too loud. I make a lot of tea, which is why I wanted the variable temperatures and for this, it is very good. The only thing that annoys me is that there is always condensation in the lid, maybe this is normal for this shaped kettle, had a stainless steel fully closed kettle before so I couldn't tell if there was constant condensation. Also when I got the kettle there were a lot of swirls and two small rust spots on the stainless plate which bother me a little.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

Love it! And the black looks great!!

Love the temp settings, coffee, black tea, green tea, white tea, oolong tea and even a keep warm button. Temperatures for everyone to use! Keep warm setting works for 20 minutes no need to re boil for another cup or the next person! Comes in a few colour choices and quiet.

Date PurchasedNov 2016