Breville Smart Waffle BWM620 / BWM640

BWM640 (4 Slices), BWM620 (2 Slices)
See the Best Novelty / Snack Makers in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Breville

4.4
Mortishia
MortishiaMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Yeah, Family pleaser

Purchased in March 2021 for $265.00.

Jolanta
JolantaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

It's a must if you love waffles!

Purchased in January 2019 at Kitchen Warehouse Online Store for $220.00.

DBO
DBOSouth East Queensland, QLD

I have turned into a waffle monster.

Purchased in June 2019 at David Jones for $220.00.

jhui
jhuiSydney, Australia

the best waffle at home !

i have had this for almost 2 years now and like it very much. It makes great waffles, also It makes the perfect Belgian waffles too . my kids is really love it! we will never eat at another house of waffles again! We get creative and festive with it by adding fruits and whip cream. We haven't perfected it yet but it is still delicious and keeps the money in our pockets .

Date PurchasedSept 2016
Novelty / Snack Makers

Find out how Breville Smart Waffle BWM620 / BWM640 compares to other Novelty / Snack Makers

Sharon W
Sharon WMelbourne

My search for the perfect waffle machine is over!

I've never written a review in my life but these were worth mentioning. The best waffle machine creating crispy exteior and fluffy interior with an all over even colour due to its even heat distribution. Also waffles made with other machines requires them to be further crispened up in the oven, but the waffles made with the Waffle Pro can be eatened straight away, no further crisping required. I was skeptical about their recipes but the belgian waffle recipe was soo good and had a great aroma. Money well spent!

Date PurchasedJune 2018
Libby H
Libby H

We’ve been turned into waffle-adicts!

After buying a cheap (under $30) waffle maker that was recommended by a friend (and being bitterly disappointed), the hunt was on for the best waffle make we could find! Although quite expensive, we have not been disappointed with the BWM640, and have experimented with so many flavours - apple/cinnamon/walnut is the current fave! We make double batches and freeze them (just need to thaw slightly before toasting so the middle warms up), and often find the flavour improves on fresh. Being able to set the machine and wait for the beep saves having to keep checking on readiness, especially when cooking for a crowd!
Another breville success for us!

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Love it

After lots of research - I bought this waffle maker and I have to say, it is excellent.
It churns out perfect waffle after perfect waffle.
I'm still experimenting with recipes - but the waffle maker itself is definitely a winner. If you love waffles and you can afford it - this is worth the investment.

Date PurchasedJan 2017

The top-rated kitchen appliances for 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-top-rated-kitchen-appliances-for-2020
Fridge and Dishwasher Awards for 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
fridge-and-dishwasher-awards-for-2020

Avleen M.
Avleen M.23 July 2021
fingronnsw

Beyond expectations

I used a gluten free recipe from a website [link removed] on the first batch the waffles were wonderful. I lightly sprayed both surfaces and there was total release of all 4 waffles. It is important to measure half a cup per waffle (in the cup supplied) otherwise the mixture can spill into the surrounding tray which is designed to catch overflow. It is not cheap but we bought with frequent flyer points which eased the price pain. It is just so simple to use & we love it.

Date PurchasedJuly 2016

Hi Fingron - that's great news. Thanks for your comments. The Breville team

fingron

My pleasure; It nice get a product that works first time & as expected.

tryagain

Steve
SteveSydney, NSW

Perfect waffles - consistently

BrevilleBreville

Hi Steve - thanks for your comments. Glad to hear you like waffles as much as we do. The Breville team

Very reliable. Great results every time.

Hi Allie - thanks for your comments. The Breville team

Allie
Allie
Kim
KimGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Great machine and excellent quality waffles!

mrsscollins
mrsscollinsSydney Surrounds, NSW

New Favorite "toy" for sunday brunch

We Love this new Waffle Maker from Breville !!! Purchased for mothers day and well used ever since ! Kids love it also , means sunday brunch has a new option...has also been fun for afternoon playdates ! Belgian reciepe our family Favorite so far !
Easy to use, auto timer, spill rim , just works ! Easy to use and a world away from the fab old space ship looking one my Dad has when i was a child ! Gorgeous !!!

LynP
LynPPerth, WA

Breville waffle to 640

Easy to use, great recipes provided, lovely crisp waffles.
No fuss cooking.
The overflow ridged is a great invention, no ooozie mess on the bench.

Jim

Great design, simple to use, perfect waffles

Once I settled on a few different recipes the unit started producing perfect waffles dependably with minimal effort. Actually, breakfast is now primarily in the hands of the Breville team - waffle maker for the batter made the night before and convection oven to warm the berries. My only concern is trying to locate technical support in Canada. The website and email don't generate any response and all documentation states clearly to deal directly with Breville in case of a problem.

Jim

Breville Canada replied to an email regarding difficulty registering product through the website explaining it's a matter of me retaining a copy of proof of purchase. The website appears to have been updated so all is well.

Sandy
Sandyasked
Smart Waffle BWM620 / BWM640

Hi, we have been frequently using this waffle maker now for about 2 years and really love it. To experiment further I’d like to know the max temperature the maker generates. Thanks

Annette
Annetteasked
Smart Waffle BWM620 (2 Slices)

How can I prevent belgian waffles from burning on the outside and undercooking on the inside? I have had my waffle maker for just over two years and for the bulk of this time the maker worked beautifully. However, for the last few months our belgian waffles are either burnt on the outside or undercooked on the inside. Is there something I can do to fix this? I purchased mine in Canada so not sure where I can send this to to fix it but by now it's certainly out of warranty.

Adriano
Adrianoasked
Smart Waffle BWM620 (2 Slices)

What's the difference between the 620 and 640? Is it just that the 640 makes 4 waffles? Can I make potato waffles with both?

fingron

The 620 seems to be discontinued in australia. I love the 640 (which was expensive until my wife found frequent flier points). Not sure what potato waffles are/
I make gluten free waffles using buttermilk & there are great recipes on this web site;
agirldefloured.com.
enjoy

BrevilleBreville

Hi Adriano - there are two waffle makers in the Breville range - you can view both product details and download recipes and the instruction booklets from this link
Thanks, the Breville team

Get an answer from our members and Breville representatives

Breville Smart Waffle BWM620 / BWM640

With reviewers dropping lines like ‘fluffy inside and beautiful, crunchy and golden outside’ and ‘I have turned into a waffle monster,’ the Breville Smart Waffle is a prime kitchen contender if you’re a fan of waffles done wonderfully.

Features:

• Four cooking plates allow you to make four waffles in each cooking session
  • Made from a solid brushed stainless steel exterior, cast aluminium cooking plates and a non-stick coating to resist sticky batters from making a congealed mess
  • Breville’s ‘Waffle IQ’ technology automatically selects the correct cooking time, after you select from 5 waffle styles: Belgium, Classic, Chocolate, Buttermilk and a customisable option
  • 12 different colour settings allow you to choose how light or dark you’d like your dessert to turn out
Compare both Breville Smart Waffle BWM620 / BWM640