Breville Toast & Melt BSG540 (4 Slice)

Breville Toast & Melt BSG540 (4 Slice) Questions & Answers

MPN: BSG540BSS

6 questions from our users

Chetwin L.

Chetwin L.asked

How hot can this get to

Sam
Sam

Hot enough to toast bread and melt the cheese inside

ray

rayasked

Toast & Melt BSG540 (4 Slice)

how do i register for 3 year warranty?

sydneymidgeasked

Toast & Melt BSG540 (4 Slice)

Hi. Does this have an on/off switch or does one have to reach over to turn off at the power point.

phil
phil

Hi, It has to be turned off at the power point.

sydneymidge

Thank you. That's not very user friendly as I would have to reach over the hot appliance in order to turn it off. It's quite a reach for me, being height challenged plus having to reach across the bench top to the power point.
I'll check out other brands. I appreciate your help.
.........Sydneymidge

Luke

Lukeasked

Hi There,
We are looking for a Sandwich press for our office Kitchen. Our office manager is reluctant as they think they are a fire Hazard. Does this one have an auto power shut off similar to what some irons have?

Tam
Tam

You have to pull the plug out to turn it off. It's a great toaster though as it has a melt option as well as toasted sandwich, I haven't seen that with other makes

rrajasingham

rrajasinghamasked

Toast & Melt BSG540 (4 Slice)

How does done have a toast without squashing the bread? If you adjust the height so the top place does not actually touch the top of the slice, the top is not toasted. so is the idea that you have to flip it after some time. We just find it doesn't toast plain bread as well as a pop-up toaster

cas22
cas22

I believe the sandwich maker is really designed for making toasted sandwiches with the filling in place or melts, ie a single slice of bread with a topping. If I just want toast I use my regular toaster.

Nicky

Nickyasked

Toast & Melt BSG540 (4 Slice)

Can I toast vegetables like zucchini and peppers in the Breville Toast & Melt? How about hamburgers?

praksplay
praksplay

Not quite. The grill doesn't heat up enough to grill veggies(but u can certainly lightly toast/warm them up). It also lowers its temperature automatically. But thats a good thing when it comes to toasting bread and pitas and flatbread cz if u forget to take it off it wont burn the toast or anything. As for the hamburgers, the meat patties a no no but u can definitely warm up the burger or lightly toast it(which the microwave clearly can't).

See all Breville Toast & Melt questions

Get an answer from our members and Breville representatives