Breville Toast & Melt

Breville Toast & Melt (page 2 of 3)

BSG540 (4 Slice), BSG220, BSG520 (See All)
See the Best Sandwich Presses in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Breville

Pros

Toasts and melts excellently
Lasts a long time
Easy to clean

• Even Heat DistributionYes (2) · No (0)
  • Non-Stick Longevity
  • Non-Stick Quality
Emma
EmmaMelbourne

Disappointed

This was by far the best Christmas present I had ever gotten. So useful in the kitchen. You can use it to cook a variety of different things, homemade chicken schnitzel being my all time fav.
However I used it this morning just to make some toast for breaky and not long after being switched on I could smell burning. I lifted it up and my toast was stuck to the top and was charred all on one side and completely black. I re put more bread in and the exact same thing happened. I then switched it off and on again and it won't work at all now. Pity it is a month after a years warranty. So disappointed.

Date PurchasedDec 2016
Kish
KishSydney, NSW

Excellent Sandwich press

I love my breville BSG520 sandwich press.I bought it from MYER when it was 20% off and after that use regularly. As a busy mom It help me to make all our breakfast and lunch very quickly. It perfectly fit into large size bread and can make open melted sandwiches too.Quick heat up and easy cleaning is plus points.

Skye88
Skye88Sydney, NSW

Fantastic product

I have the Breville Toast & Melt 4-Slice Sandwich Press and it’s excellent great for a family and you can do so much more then just toast sandwiches, I’ve done eggplant, zucchini and haloumi cheese they have turned out delicious. Easy to use, really easy to store thanks to the upright position legs and a breeze to clean thanks to the non stick plates. Highly reccomend

AmazingGrace
AmazingGraceAU

Great product!

Breville Toast & Melt 4-Slice Sandwich Press is a great product. Perfect size for a family of 4. We use it regularly. from toasted sandwiches, to pizzas, to pita bread wraps, or re-heating pastry items, like pies, spring rolls, sausage rolls.
Very easy to use and non-stick interior finish is even easier to clean, I just give it wipe with a damp sponge after each use. Stainless steel finish shows prints and needs a good wipe to keep clean.Cord can be wound around under base for easy storage.

Vickilo
Vickilovicki.mow@outlook.com

Extremely slow to melt

Purchased for our small 4 staff lunch room. It toasts ok, but the melt function is almost useless. Have tried repeatedly & even after 10 minutes heat up time, it does not melt the cheese unless you drop the top plate onto it & then, obviously, the cheese sticks! The issue could be that the top plate does not lie flat when on "melt". It sits on an angle. Very disappointed that it takes my lunch break to make a melt! It is also very, very heavy.

Date PurchasedAug 2017
V Stanky
V StankyMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Great toastie toastie maker!

My previous Breville lasted over 10 years and I hope this one lasts just as long. Early days to determine longevity on this one but so far it behaves well and seems to be of a similar quality. Main difference is that the unit squeaks slightly as you open and close. Interestingly, the display did the same. Obviously this will not affect the quality of the toastie so a very minor issue that could be improved.

Date PurchasedJuly 2017
Peter
PeterSydney

A toast to the best press - Highly recommended

Date PurchasedJune 2017

Smart shopping tips to help you make the most of Black Friday sales

Clara V.
Clara V.15 Nov 2021
smart-shopping-tips-to-help-you-make-the-most-of-black-friday-sales
Christmas Gift Ideas for Mum

Avleen M.
Avleen M.29 Nov 2021
christmas-gift-ideas-for-mum
The top-rated kitchen appliances for 2022!

Avleen M.
Avleen M.14 Dec 2021
the-top-rated-kitchen-appliances-for-2022

This is a wonderful stuff to making the toast sandwich!

I love this machine,make tasty toast sandwiches in a minute,can fry the eggs can cook the pancake prefect !
Kids love the food it made! Brought it in Harvey Norman when half year cleaning with a good price! Maybe you can find it can cook more food in your way!

Date PurchasedJune 2017
mosquito430
mosquito430Perth

Heat up quickly, hot spots burnt everything

Had it for over 2 years, but didn't use it much as there are couple of "hot spots" which burns everything. It heats up really quickly which is good, but have to keep checking every second as some spots are hotter than others. Its good that you can adjust the heights so you can put croissants on it.

Date PurchasedSept 2014

Don
Don

Wonderful sandwich maker

Had one of these sandwich makers before and I wore it out so good. It is also great for reheating pizzas, crisps up the base and heats the topping, wonderful well worth the money. Have not tried the melting cheese yet, but will do so in the future. I have the 2 slice model big enough for the two of us.

Date PurchasedMay 2017

breville sandwich toaster did not last long

only lasted 2 years of use. stopped turning on . will bin it ! phoned Breville.uneconomic to fix .this toaster is rubbish. will not buy again. We have had older products last much longer . this seems to an ongoing problem with Breville and their products. Noticed new one has 3 year warranty

Date PurchasedSept 2014
Lozj
LozjGosford

Large 4 slice sandwich press

We loved our sandwich press, using it almost daily for the two years we had it. Unfortunately after two years it started to fall apart and then stopped turning on. This seems to be a recurrent theme in our house with Breville appliances! Very disappointed, I expect longer life from my appliances.

taj barat
taj baratmelbourne

pity they don't make non-stick to last.

I love toasted sandwiches but I'm disappointed by the non stick surface that breville and others now use. About six months of excellence before the surface began peeling onto sandwiches. Yet dad's 30 y.o. breville is like new. Once upon a time there was quality instead of carcinogens from breville. Two I've sent to the bin. Tried another brand third time. Same rubbish. No more thanks. The grill will have to do.

Tam
TamCairns, Queensland

So good!

This is a great appliance, almost life changing :) Since buying it we've had a toastie or a melt nearly every day for lunch. So quick and easy and this Breville makes them perfectly. I love the melt option, very handy for when you don't feel hungry enough for 2 slices of bread.

There's plenty of space for 2 sandwiches, we use large wholemeal bread and there's more than enough room. It cooks the tomatoes/ spring onions/ whatever's in the sandwich very well.

It's a snap to clean and I use the upright storage method as we have limited kitchen space. If you're looking for a toastie or melt maker I highly recommend this one.

The Aussie Mailman
The Aussie MailmanSydney, Australia

Quick and easy to create a toastie

The 2 slice toast & melt is ideal for quick tasty toastie as it heats up fast and is so easy to clean even if cheese is over the non stick plates.

Breville
BrevilleBrevilleSend a private message

Hi Aussie Mailman - thanks for your comments. The Breville team

Jillie
Jillie

Love my new toastie maker

Having searched everywhere for a sandwich maker with an adjustable lid I finally found one. No more squased sandwiches!! I heat up leftover pizza easily and have cooked pancakes on it. Haven't tried the bacon & eggs that other people have but will soon. The most versatile sandwich maker ever!!!

Breville
BrevilleBrevilleSend a private message

Hi Jillie - glad to hear you're enjoying your new appliance. Thanks, the Breville team

cas22
cas22Melbourne

Lunches have never been better!

We love our Breville Sandwich Maker, which we've owned for 2 months, and use it almost every day to create first-rate toasted sandwiches. Although there are only two of us, we chose the 4-slice version to give us more flexibility with bread types and sizes. It was a good choice. The machine toasts our sandwiches evenly and quickly and, having flat, non-stick heating surfaces, is incredibly easy to clean. All it takes is a quick wipe with a damp cloth. The only down-side is that you have to remember to turn the machine off at the powerpoint immediately after use. There is no automatic cut-off once the lid is lifted.

Love this appliance

I have had a Breville toaster for about 4 years and this appliance is the one I use the most. I cook meat, pancakes, do toasties, bacon and eggs, almost anything can be cooked and you don't even have to use oil. Clean up is so easy. I wipe over with a damp cloth while still hot and it's ready to go for next time. I'll definitely buy this product again, next time I'll get the bigger size.

pedro6739Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Surface coating gives up and forget the extended warranty !!

Patrick_F
Patrick_FGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

My Xmas present to myself - the cook EVERYTHING

A sandwich press.... no should be called a cook everything! Bacon and eggs, Sausages, Hamburgers, Chicken breasts, Steak, Sandwiches, and lots more. I love all the things you can do in this press, it is a very versatile product that feels nice and solid and is real stainless steel and matches my other breville products. I bought the product from Myer on Boxing day with my xmas vouchers.
real SS, so versatile, easy to clean

pedro6739

Just wait for about 2 years when the coating deteriorates and the coating rubs off with paper towel !!

praksplay
praksplayGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Most versatile sandwich/panini/toast maker

Slazmo
SlazmoSouth East Queensland, QLD

Makes awesome from ordinary sandwiches...

Sherree
SherreeDarling Downs, QLD

Cafe-style lunches at home!

Date PurchasedDec 2011
Jonesyqld
JonesyqldAU

Awesome Machine and Excellent Customer Service

Had this appliance just over a year and worked it to death.
Thermal fuse went on it 3 weeks after warranty ran out.
Even though I didn't send in the warranty form (I told them the truth about us being big Breville fans)they arranged me to take to their service agents for examination are their own expense.
Had to wait about 3 weeks then was presented with a brand new unit:)
All our kitchen small appliances are Breville and they are unbeatable, definitely worth the extra few dollars over the rubbish.
Reliable, easy to clean, multi purpose etc etc......
Maybe the Service Agents could have had a bit more drive!

Hughbow
HughbowSydney Surrounds, NSW

Great and Easy to use

Got this via flybuys and have had no problem with it since. It is easy to store as it stands vertically in the cupboard.

It cooks 4 sandwiches at once so is very efficient if you are doing a few at a time. Unlike jaffle makers there is no need to butter the outside of the bread. It is also great for toasting wraps.
Easy to use and Wipes clean