2Breville Toast & Roast Pro LOV560

Breville Toast & Roast Pro LOV560 Questions & Answers

VerifiedMPNs:LOV560BLK2JAN1 and LOV560SIL2JAN1
Elizabeth Lee

Breville The Toast and Roast Pro - We bought this oven from Good Guys two weeks ago. I am disturbed by the frequent expansion (contraction?) sounds it releases. Didn't have such problem with desk top ovens from other brands. We took it to Good Guys yesterday and a man inspected it and said that it was just expansion sounds from the metal; he explained that the manufacturers must have reduced the thickness of the metal so it releases the expansion sounds. Should we be concerned with the frequent expansion sounds each time we use it? Or should Good Guys give us a replacement? Please advise. Thank you.

Hutch
Hutch

Personally I would want another oven to see if that does the same. It should not be making a sound, mine doesn't. It's still under guarantee so get it changed.

Jay

I didn't experience such sounds with mine. i use mine at least 5 days a week and apart from the timer going off, there are no other sounds the emit from my oven. Hope that was helpful.
Cheers

Elizabeth Lee

Thank you for your helpful reply. Cheers.

Elizabeth Lee

Thank you so much for your good advice. Cheers!

Hi I have

Just received my

28 litre Toast & roast Breville lov560
portable oven

When I use the bake mode

The thermostat in the oven clicks on & off every 15 seconds to maintain selected temperature level when baking

This seems not normal

Do others experience their thermostat clicking on & off so frequently every 15 secs when using bake setting in your Breville lov560 ?

Hi there,
I haven’t experienced anything like that with mine and I’ve been using it now for several months as my kitchen is being renovated and it’s my only oven.
Hope that’s helpful

piers s.

Thanks I may have to return oven

Shirley K.
Shirley K.

Toast instructions on pages 15 does not mention the temperature control. Is this an error?

Jay

I have used the toaster on 180 and it toasts well. I hope that is helpful.

Wynand B.
Wynand B.

Can one slow roast with the rotisserie for a longer time? I find the temperature cannot be set at 140 degrees for a slow rotisserie roast, seems rotisserie can only operate at 220 degrees regardless of what I set the temperature at?? Pity if this is the case. I had mine exchanged for this defect but the next / new one did the same and dried my roast out?

Jay

I haven't used the rotisserie function to date. Sorry i couldn't be of any help.

Marcia

do you leave the stayon function while you are cooking

Happy Home

Not sure what you mean by StayOn function. You turn the dial to ‘bake’ or ‘grill’ or whatever heating function you want then set the Temperature dial then put in the food then set the amount of time you want it to cook. It’ll ding once finished. It’s the best small oven around. Heats up quicker than a big oven.

Ridgeback

You can either use the built in timer (the oven switches off when the timer pings), or set it to ‘stay on’ if you want it more than 60 minutes. If using the stay on feature you have to monitor your own cooking and switch off yourself when cooking is done. It’s not difficult to use, even my 11 year old can operate it.

Marcia

tell me how the stayon button works

S.T.

I leave it on Stay On all the time and just switch off the oven when the food is cooked or I use my external digital timer.

Grace

Am presently rottissereing (?) a small pork roast. Can I add chopped veges to the tray underneath.

Ridgeback

Yes you can. We do this all the time with roast veggies and potatoes.

Grace

Many thanks. Did this and the meal was brilliant. Very happy

Grace

Hi me again here I am wondering if you can cook with a ( smallish) Dutch oven dish in this oven
Love it so far

S.T.

I cook small casseroles but find I have to increase the temp to maximum if out of the fridge, as it doesn't maintain the set temperature, so allow longer cooking time. Don't know if mine has a faulty thermostat. Clicks in and out very quickly all the time.

Rosemarie K.
Rosemarie K.

Am I able to airfry on my toast & roast pro model lov560

Happy Home

No it doesn't air fry but air frying is overrated. If you look at one of those appliances, there is so little room for food. You're better off using this small oven where you can fit in a 1kg pack of frozen chips all spread out to cook. Look at youtube videos on the differences between air frying machines and mini ovens. It'll help you decide what you'd rather use.

Maureen R.
Maureen R.

Does this model produce a lot of steam when cooking as I need to place it under an overhead shelf.

sledger

I have mine 26cm under a shelf. No problems.

Ridgeback

No steam from mine but the top does get hot. Make sure there is a gap between the top, sides and shelf. I think there are guidelines in the manual on space required

Happy Home

I have mine 10cm under a shelf but the base of that shelf heats up when I bake food in there for over 20 minutes. I would suggest having at least a 20cm gap if you don't want your shelf to heat up and there's no steam that comes out of it. It's a pretty good mini oven which I've had for years and use every night.

Bill H.
Bill H.

How do you repair the timer as it now wont count down and stays stuck in the chosen setting.

sledger

If it's still under wty, take it back. If not, toss it and buy another. They're cheap and not worth repairing.

Ask Breville

LINDA PARKER
LINDA PARKER

I am looking at buying one of these... Just wondered if there is an internal light so that i can see if my food is cooking??

No internal lamp.
Not really necessary in a normally lit kitchen.

Happy Home

No there isn't an internal light. I usually shine a strong torch in on my food to see if it's cooked. I feel this toaster is not priced for the internal light market so you pay less but you don't get a light. My torch works well enough or I just quickly open the door to see how cooked it is.

Sweety

Can I reheat my food in this?

sledger

Do you reheat food in a conventional full-sized oven?
If you answer yes, then there's your answer.
But it will depend a lot on what type of food you want to re-heat.
Wet food can be re-heated much quicker in a microwave if you have one.

Happy Home

Yes you can reheat pizzas and bakery items much better in this oven then in a microwave so it doesn’t go soggy and still tastes crunchy but if you want to reheat a meal in a container then it’s better to use the microwave but this is obvious.

Sweety

Thanks for letting me know.

kevin
kevin

can i roast potatoes in this oven

Absolutely you can.

Happy Home

Yes you can roast potatoes in it. It’s just like an oven, only smaller and probably pre heats quicker

Cvet
Cvet

hi I have mine sitting in the space made for a microwave only 5cm on either side and 10cm on top but plenty in the back is this sufficient for air flow - i haven't used it yet as not sure

sledger

Probably not. It get's very hot on all sides.
Page 3 of the manual states a *minimum*. Ideally it should be more than this.
"When operating the oven,
keep a minimum distance
of 10cm of space on both
sides of the oven and
15cm above.
•The rear surface of the
oven can be placed
against a wall. "

sledger

If you have mislaid your manual you can find it online here:

Marcia

should I leave the oven door open while grilling ?

sledger

Generally yes, otherwise excessive steam may build up and spoil the texture of the food, however Page 3 of the manual states:
"Caution should be taken
when grilling high oil
content foods, such as
pine nuts and walnuts.
They may catch fire. If
this occurs, please keep
the oven door closed and
switch off and unplug
oven until flame has
extinguished."

Elizabeth R.
Elizabeth R.

Do I leave the oven control knob off while roasting a sandwich and so I just use the toast function but it doesn’t seem to get toaster hot?

sledger

The oven control knob should b set to the "toast' position.
See page 15 of the manual

fitzsnuggly.com
fitzsnuggly.com

Can you get spare racks / trays??

Helen
Helen

Read somewhere you can get them on eBay

Olwyn K.
Olwyn K.

how many Ltre is the toast &roast

Lorel
Lorel

28 litres Everything you want to know about it is in the user manual. Type the name of the oven into Google with the model number and 'user manual' and it'll all be there for you.

william
william

does it have a rottiserie

PJM L.

Yes. I haven't used it, however.

lynem

How easy is it to clean and is the inside none stick coated for easier cleaning

Seve
Seve

Inside is not non-stick coated. All the shelves and trays are easy to remove and clean. Crumbs collected along the hinge and are hard to get at.

PJM L.

Mine has discoloured quite a bit. I found it hard to keep it looking clean inside and around the glass edge.

sledger

If you wipe it down after every use, there should be little if any discoloring. I use mine several times a week. It still looks brand new.

lynem

Get an answer from our members and Breville representatives