MPN: BNV420BLK

Best Coffee Ever!

This coffee machine is the latest addition to my kitchen and I'm loving it. It makes the perfect cuppa, smooth and delicious. It's simple to use and cleaning's a breeze. I really can't fault the Breville Vertuo Plus...it's perfect. I find that I really look forward to coming home to a decent cup of coffee. Definitely one of the best purchases, I've made.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Great "hi tech" coffee

We bought this coffee machine as a step up from our Aldi Espressi machine. We were sick of the coffee from the Aldi machine mostly because there is not much choice in terms of the taste. I also thought that because the Aldi capsules are plastic the taste may not preserved as much. So, I wanted to give Nespresso a go. Their reviews are mostly ok, but the general complaint is that the with the classic capsules the amount of coffee is nor enough to produce strong drink.

Then, this Vertuo version come to the market. They claimed that they have increased the volume of the capsules and the drinks are now stronger.

So I bought the Breville machine. First of all, I didn't even think that the machine is so hi tech. First of all, it's all electronic. To open or close the head you need to push a button. A motor opens it for you. Then, there is one button only to make a coffee. The machine reads the barcode off the capsule and knows how much water to put. You can adjust it to your liking for each of the capsule type (which I did BTW). To eject the capsule there the same procedure: open the head, and the used capsule goes to the waste container attached to the back of the machine.

The whole process of making coffee is so addictive that my kids fight who are making the coffee for mummy and daddy. Just google YouTube videos for this machine to see it yourself.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Making awesome coffee MUG SIZE

I have always had a problem making a large coffee. The espresso machine makes a long black, but then you need to top up with water and the mix just doesn't taste great. Then there was my 'plunger' phase, and I found I was using more and more coffee trying to get something that tasted reasonable, and always fell short. Same problem with the old 'coffee percolator', coffee in a bag that you dunk, and of course, instant coffee too.
NESPRESSO and Breville have come up with the perfect solution for me, and I could not be happier!!!
Its called the Vertuo Plus coffee machine, it makes awesome coffee - up to 'travel mug' size!
1 coffee capsule, 1 button to press, job done.
Perfect coffee EVERY time. And the decaf is incredibly good tasting, you would not know it's decaf, and you can drink it all day long.
My coffee problems have finally been solved.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

See all Breville Vertuo Plus BNV420 reviews

Does the BNV420BLK or BNV420SIL take other brands of capsules? If not, how much per capsule? Thanks in advance.
No, the machine uses new 'centrifusion' technology, which means the capsule spins super fast to extract all the flavour. Nespresso has a 30 year patent on the capsules and the machines. Capsules come in 4 different sizes, and are barcoded. The machine reads the barcode and determines coffee pour size. Capsules range in price from 80c each to $1.05Appreciated, I had seen a youtube on how to refill the capsules - with an available reseal top. Seems the new barcoding on these new pods would not negate a refill. Damn.

CategoryCapsule / Coffee Pod Machines