Breville Wizz Mix EM3

Breville Wizz Mix EM3

MPN: EM3WHT

Kung Fu Chicken

Kung Fu ChickenMelbourne

Great and affordable egg beater

I’ve had this mixer for 4 years and never had any problems with it. I brought it from Harris Scarfe for $35. It’s pretty good buy. You also get a dough hook which is a bonus. It’s quite powerful and whips up egg white and cream beautifully. Worth the price. My partner loves it. She keeps using it and has pretty much taken ownership of it.

Can’t do without it.

Date PurchasedAug 2014

Anna

AnnaMelbourne

At least it works

I had a couple of Breville appliances (mini blender and spice grinder) fail within a month last year so I'm pleased to report that the hand mixers are still working. They do a great job in batter for butter cakes but when it comes to softening and mixing cream cheese for cheesecakes something more powerful is required, like a food processor.

Date PurchasedMay 2017
R V

R VRandwick

Used for years for kneading dough

I'm not baking too often but twice a year (Easter and Christmas) we're baking a lot (cozonac / kozunak / babka) and have stopped hand kneading a few years ago when decided to try using the dough hooks on the Wizz Mix. It is doing the job quite well, really happy with it,

Date PurchasedApr 2010
Ipsi

IpsiMelbourne

Serves the purpose

Mixes well. Like the power of this one. I used this for the first time and it's really good. Definitely breville has its quality. This is 320w with 5 speed. If you use a heavy large bowl while mixing that works well. Love my handmixer now. I will definitively recommend this. With this price its worth it.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Lasted 2 months...used four times!

Purchased at the beginning of May at Target. Have used it a couple of times for cakes and pancakes. Was beating icing for a cake today and they slowed down and became unresponsive to speed. Turned it off thinking perhaps the beaters were not in properly. Turned it back on and it started smoking. Turned it off at the power pretty fast. The house now stinks of smoke not cake! Very disappointed as I have had many Breville products over the years.

Date PurchasedMay 2017

Sam L

Sam LSydney

Works pretty well.

Bought it about a month ago from Target and I can't stop baking. This mixer works well and I haven't had any issues with it so far. Easy to hold, good handle. Saw some comments about metal chipping but this hasn't happened to us. Neither did it get any rust on it.

Date PurchasedOct 2016
BrevilleBreville

Hi Sam L - thanks for your comments.The Breville team

Mich

MichGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Not buying it after the reviews.

The company should look after there customers not insult them. I was going to buy one but I changed my mind. Kmart brand appliances are much better and they exchange if complained. Eg:metal chipping, unbalanced and does not do the job it's supposed to do. How can you expect us to eat metal??????

Jenn TGoldfields, WA

Beaters chip metal and rust on first use

I used mine for the first time on Thursday morning for a fundraising bake for a terminally ill child. I made one batch of chocolate muffins and a buttercream icing. Whilst washing up I found both beaters had chipped and left more metal chips on my dish cloth. The beaters had also begun to corrode/rust.

I can't even begin to express my shock and disappointment after a single use!

The machine itself seemed to operate well, but the 'pulse' function was accidentally used most times when I was turning the beater off. The machine also made an awful high pitched noise (motor out of balance?) at the two lowest speeds. It sounded much better at higher speeds.

BrevilleBreville

Hi Jenn - please contact our customer service team to discuss the beater issue - 1300 139 798. Thanks, the Breville team

Chris R

Chris R

Poorly designed. It splatters, is heavy, noisey & the lowest speed is too powerful.

My last Breville was used at least weekly for more than 20 yrs but noticed it was getting warmer than it should so thought time for a new one. So disappointed in the Breville Wizz Mix I have purchased. The beaters on the old model were a shorter & more oval shape & mixed perfectly - NEVER SPLATTERING. If I use the same bowls with the new one the contents splatter everywhere (walls, bench, floor & on me). The appliance is much heavier & way too much power on the lowest setting. Have gone back to hand mixing until I find a better appliance. Would not recommend this appliance to anyone.

Jenny K

Jenny KCanberra

Fantastic little mixer

Great little mixer for all sorts of uses
Works perfectly and have had no problems with it
I do wish it had a better way of storing the cord though as I am just wrapping the cord around the body but there no way of keeping it in place so it keeps unravelling

AJ

AJAdelaide

Overly powerful

I have recently purchased the Breville EM3 and I find it so powerful that it is almost useless. I use a deep, straight sided jug for my mixing and the mixer still manages to fling the contents across the bench. Although it has 5 power settings the lowest is higher than anything I would normally use. As for gently combining the dough at the end of the process - forget it! I have no choice but to whip the life out of it! Its like trying to slice your bread with a chainsaw!

After over 6 yrs of regular use - I finally broke it :-( sad sad day

I bought this mixer because it was cheaper than most and needed one asap. I had planned on replacing it with those fancy ones soon after it dies. Over 6 yrs later, I was still using the same one. I couldn't believe how long it lasted and never failed me even at the end. It only broke when the whisk accidentally got tangled on the spoon I was using to scrape the sides. It's compact size means it doesn't take much bench space, not too heavy (even my 6 yr old can use it for a little bit) and very reliable.

Helen4747Wentworth Falls, New South Wales

Lovely Hand Mixer

I have had mine for many years. It's sturdy solid, reliable piece of kitchen kit. It's not too heavy and you don't have to get out a huge mixer. It's compact, so great for a small kitchen. Makes light sponge cakes and whipped cream! It's a joy to use and I enjoy using it. It won't self destruct on you which is important. It's one of Breville's treasures in amongst all the fancy high powered machines. A little beauty!

HaylotSydney

Just died after I thrashed it for five years

Sadly my wizz mix died this morning, but I have used it with regularity for about five years and I often push it to its limits. For the price I am very happy with it and planning on buying another basically immediately. It is significantly more powerful than most hand mixers, I often find myself frustrated with peoples mixers at other houses. It easily stands up to all kinds of baking and mixing. Even came with dough hooks!
Powerful for a hand mixer. Can do most kitchen tasks
Nothing.

disappointment frustration

I purchased Breville Wizz Electronic Mixer [BEM200} just 3 years ago and it has broken down. I am unable to find anyone to even look at this appliance for which I paid over $200. The usage is NOT heavy and I am extremely angry! Is this all part of a throw away society. WM.
Worked well when it did work

Haylot

Not sure this review is in the right place. This is a hand held mixer, the RRP is $45 and you can usually get it cheaper again that that.

reviewer 2013

reviewer 2013Auckland

Really good mixer

I read the reviews on here before I bought my mixer, and am very happy with my purchase. It is powerful and feels solidly built. It mixes extremely well- the cake I made with it turned out about 1/3 higher than usual- I didn't realise a mixer could make such a difference! The only annoying quirk it has is the pulse setting- it is very easy to turn the control past "off" and onto pulse by accident.
Powerful, solid, inexpensive
Pulse button in an awkward place

Fred55

Fred55AU

Lite and robust

After using this mixer I found it to be a lot easier to handle than most other mixers I have owned the grip is more comfortable and an overall good product.In the short term I have had no issues with the operation of the mixer and it came with extra dough hook attachments.
Value for money ,quiet in operation and easy to uce.

StephR

StephRAU

Beats ok, but poor design.

Pumpy

PumpyNSW, 2795

LittleBirdy

LittleBirdyVictoria, 3204

This is a basic cooking staple for your kitchen! This Whizz Mix will last forever, mine has, no problems yet. It stores so easily. It's one of the mixers that are so affordable and they work really well. An electrical mixer is much easier to use than to beat it with a wooden spoon, that's just frustrating and it takes a million time longer!
Everything about it is wonderful! My cakes are fabulous, and it's so easy to cream, mix, beat, whatever!
It can be a bit hard to clean up, but I think every other mixer is too.