Brian Brothers Electrical

Brian Brothers Electrical

See the Best Electricians in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Good Work

Brian Brothers did work on our factory unit at Milperra. They came out inspected and provided us with a reasonable quote. Did the work every one happy. We highly recommend them. Thank you

Amazingggg service!

Very friendly and reliable . Hard to find tradies like this these days. The team came out on time and gave me a good honest upfront quote. The job was done within that same day, the boys rewired my whole house and installed a new fuse box for me. They took there time and the job they had done was amazing!
Really happy with the service they gave, would highly recommend to anyone!

Great, quick and efficient!

I called Brian Brothers as my power points where not working. They were here in less than an hour. The boys were great they found the problem straight away and fixed it. They were polite professional and very efficient. I’m very happy and would definitely recommend them and use them again.

Fast, Easy & Reliable!

I called Brian Brothers Electrical to help with a few things around the house as we had just recently moved in. They changed our stove top, installed a bathroom fan, fixed some flickering downlights and removed a chandelier. They showed up on time & were really polite. Worked fast and were very tidy taking all their mess with them. I was also really satisfied with the price I paid. Have recommended to all family and friends.

Very reliable

Called brain brothers due to no power and an electrician was at my door within the hour. Very surprising considering it was after hours. The electrician was very professional and was advised the cost and an explanation of the problem that needed to be fixed. Will be using this company again.

Great experience

Had a few quotes from other electricians
On a switchboard upgrade
They came through cheapest but I went with them as the technician that came out was very professional and thorough with explaining the job he seemed very knowledgeable he even cleaned up his mess , overall great experience and would definitely use them again

biggest joke

brian brothers are the biggest joke in the electrical field. they charge you call out fee ( which in most circumstances are adequate) but they tell you that it will be removed if you go with the services which is fair. What they don’t tell you is that they charge you almost an arm and a leg for inspecting your home , which is ridiculous basically they are charging you for showing up and charging u for doing what they are expected to do with the call out fee ????
Plus they lie to you to up sell their products, don’t actually fix the problem and are very rude altogether.
What you are supposed to be paying 1000 dollars will be 3.5K lol i’m never getting them again, not to mention they speak on the phone with their boss who encourages them to continue being the way they are, also underpaying their staff!
This company should be investigated, very poor service don’t recommend

do not trust

phoned this company when we had problem with LG split air conditioner they came out got told needed gas payed $565 told us no leak 3 hrs later had same problem phoned them up they came out told us no gas again would have to spend another $400 to check where the leak was plus $500 for gas we said no called in another company to check they looked at it said no gas told us best to buy a new one as the unit was to old which Brian Brothers should have told us so being pensioners out of pocket $565 so do not use them

A rip off company.

Called Brian Brothers Electrical with expectations of a fair price to sort our electrical box. The quote was $3200 with a 15% discount which we rejected and paid $55 call out. We had no power to our house. Called another electrician who came from Campbelltown. We had electricity in 10 mins. Beware of this company.

If I could give a lower score, I would - shame on them!

Do not use these people - ever. Shameless gougers. I was quoted a $65 call-out fee and was told that the electrician would quote the job when he was here, to which I agreed. Turned up 3 hrs late. The job was simply to disconnect our dead electric cooktop, cap off the cable and check the circuit as it was tripping the switch for the separate oven and microwave. I knew that the job would take 20-30mins, max. I was quoted the callout fee of $65 + $95 for a "Switchboard inspection" + $350 to disconnect dead appliance and cap off cable - ie. $510!!!!! I said that this was exorbitant for a 20-minute job, that I was not stupid and said I would pay the callout fee and be done with it. Guy said no, it would take much longer than that, parts needed bla, bla, bla. I said I would absolutely not pay that. He then called his boss and they came back with an offer of $295+gst. Interesting how cost could suddenly reduce by more than $200. As I needed to have at least some working cooking appliances, I agreed, knowing that this was still an outrageous price for the work, but it was the end of the day, so not much choice if I wanted to feed my family. Job took exactly 15mins, with exactly no parts needed (as suspected). Absolutely disgusted. These people have no integrity whatsoever.

Amazing work !

I used brian brothers & I highly recommend this company to everyone!

I had a problem with my powers and they came right away and fixed the problem in no time! Very professional & reasonable pricing..

Brian Brother WILL overcharge you for any service they provide.

I strongly urge anyone needing an electrician NOT to use Brian Brothers Electrical.

Brian Brothers Electrical overcharged my husband to install a new electrical junction box. Brian Brothers Electrical was called out to deal with a short circuit in our new home, we had just moved to. While dealing with the short circuit easily the electrician then went on to scare my husband into believing the junction box was very unsafe and could catch fire at any time and needed to be replaced as soon as possible. My husband agreed to let Brian Brothers Electrical replace the junction box then and there. The charge was $3500. Later we found out from another electrician the work should not have cost any more than $1000. Please do not use these electricians because they will scare you and then overcharge by three hundred percent.

Absolutely Appalling

After calling Brian Brother in response to a letterbox drop, I requested an installation of two double powerpoints. I waited a week for them to come, the two workers turned up about 3 hours late and quoted me $750......thats right, $750 for 2 powerpoints. I paid their rip off call out fee of $55 to get them out of my house but quite frankly I should not have had to pay that as who in their right mind would pay such an inflated and unreasonable price. When I questioned the price I was told that I would be lucky to get the job done any cheaper - clearly they are delusional. I put the job on hipages the same night, got a reply within 15 minutes and the electrician came at 7.30 the next morning, did a sensational job and charged me $200 - go figure! You should be ashamed of yourselves Brian Brothers.

Find someone else

The electrician had poor customer rapport. Despite this being a very simple job we believe one fitting was mounted incorrectly by the apprentice. The $50 discount on any job as per website was questioned and no senior discount was given.

stay away

had a rat stuck in our kitchen exhaust fan they came out and did nothing saying no rat in there which there was my wife was home at the time when i got home and when i turned the exhaust fan on it chopped the rat up to pieces these guys then had a hide to charge us $360 for half an hour work i wish i had checked on reviews before. Update Brian brothers gave me a partial refund which i'm thankful for

Unprofessional "electricians" . Warning Dodgy practices.

Ripped off. I paid over $1000 for a job, the lights that were fitted only lasted a few weeks. We ended up finding out the lights were not the problem but the transformer which only needed to be replaced. Instead they replaced it with a used transformer. We ended up getting a professional electrician who replaced the transformer with a new one for a quarter of the cost. They also fitted ceiling lights which only lasted a few weeks. Very unprofessional. Please do not waste your time or money with these "electricians". Go to a professional company instead.

What a rip off!

When I phoned I was told there was a $35 call out charge if I did not go ahead with the job. I did go ahead because I was in a bind. The fan and remote had stopped working in my study. They said that there was no point in trying to repair it. They would disconnect the fan and very kindly break it up to put in the bin. I was given a choice of either a light fitting to take a bare bulb at $280 or a cheap looking white appliance for $350 or thereabouts. I chose the bare bulb which they pointed out was an LED and very long lasting. I couldn’t wait to see the back of them. I am a pensioner. My three sons do not have DIY skills. I was not given a receipt and was too upset to think of asking for one.

Ripped off

I was told the call out fee would be waived if we went ahead with the job. We accepted the price for the job but were still charged the call out fee.
When I realised we were charged for the call out I called their office to get a refund. I was told "only a manager could process refunds" but the manager was never around. For over a week I called every day, but I kept getting the same story about the manager being too busy or not around.
So in the end it wasn't worth the stress calling them everyday, clearly I was never going to get the refund.

Although the Electrician was a nice guy, the job took maybe 2 minutes, maximum 5 minutes. The fee was approx $190 for 2 minutes + approx $60 call out fee. In summary - I was ripped off.
Would not recommend.

Terrible experience and completely dissatisfied

We engaged Brian Brothers Electrical on 10 Dec 2018 for a fuse trip off. Two electricians turned up on time, and said that they need a complete faulty check to the house which is only 12 months old. The cost was $385, and that would identify the issue. After about 30 mins, they said that fuse trip off was caused by a faulty pump of the recycle water tank. They took the pump away and said that they would come back for a quote on a new pump. I asked if same issue will happen again and was told and assured that everything should be OK. First, they has not come back with a quote on installing a new pump for the recycle tank. Second, the same issue (same fuse trip) happened again on 24 and 28 Dec, and each time it took longer for the fuel to be pulled back (with my limited electrical knowledge, it is not a good sign). We called them today (29 Dec) and was told someone would call us back in 2 hours. After few hours, we had to keep calling and finally talked to a guy called [name removed] on the mobile phone. He was rude and impatient on the phone and reiterated this time was a separate incident. There was no warranty on the work done on 10 Dec, and we had to pay for $260 call out fee and for another checking to the fuse. And if the problem cannot be located, it cannot be fixed. I found that was ridiculous and would not trust to engage their service again. Never again.

Deceptive Pricing

When I contacted this firm late in the afternoon I was told there would be a $60 call out fee and a quote would be provided for the work. If I decided to go ahead with the work the $60 would be refunded. Around 5.00 pm I received a call to say someone would be there in an hour. About 6.30 pm two electricians turned up. I asked for a quote - my hot water system was not working properly and recently had safety switches installed. I was then told there was a $295 inspection fee. I was given a quote of $495 which is after the $60 was refunded to me. They identified a 40 amp was installed instead of a 20 amp. It was only after the electricians turned up was I told there would be an inspection fee. One of the electricians said it could take them all day to find the fault. It was a hot water system and no power was coming from the switchboard - how could that take all day to locate. I paid the fee in full and the invoice stated it was an emergency call out. I was never told I this job would be an emergency call out. This could easily had been carried out the following day. The invoice did not state each item individually and cost - everything was lump together.