Bridgestone Dueler A/T 697

37 questions from our users

Alan

Alanasked

Hello,
I have a 2019 Isuzu DMax with 18x7 inch rims can I legally put on a dualer A/T 697 on my vehicle

Gregg

Greggasked

Looking to replace Adventuro tryes on a caravan with Bridgestone 697's LT. What do people recommend...yes or no ?

Andrew G Remenyi

Andrew G Remenyiasked

How do the Bridgestone Dueller A/T 697 compare with BFG A/T K02 (RWL)?

Mark R.

Mark R.asked

What is the difference between the D697 AT and the D697 AT
XL ?

JohnG
JohnG

Given that you've listed the same model twice I'm going to say they're exactly the same. What did you really intend to ask?

Graeme
Graeme

One of them is rated 110T, has no LT identification, and is made in Malaysia. The other one has LT construction, load rating of 114S, and is more expensive

betty

bettyasked

what is the tire traction, thread wear and temperature grades?

Pete Haworth

Pete Haworthasked

Do they make these in size
265/50/20

Keith W.asked

In the R17, what profiles/sizes are available

John. O
John. O

No idea sorry i am not a tyre reseller.

Louise

Louiseasked

Will they fit my Mitsubushi Triton 4wd 2006

Bernard B.

Bernard B.asked

What should be my tire pressure?

Ian S
Ian S

Hi Bernard B.
I have had 2 sets of the Bridgestone A/T 697 and have always had my tyre rotations done at bridgestone tyre shops in different locations on my travels and all of the tyre shops have told me to run on 40 psi even when empty , I have a 2003 gu patrol with a tare weigh of around 2480 kg, I found the patrol always seem to have a harsh ride, when the tyres became very slippery in the wet I dropped the pressure to 35 - 36 psi to help with traction, that didn't really help with traction but I did notice the ride felt a little more comfortable. I have now fitted a new set of Toyo open country A/T to the patrol and the recommend tyre pressure is 34 to 36 psi and I can honestly say these tyres are comfortable as they also have more flex in the walls.

David

Davidasked

I recently had fitted and balanced 4 new Desert Dueler A/T 697 265/17 tyres to our Toyota 150 Prado. The car now shakes from 80kph thru to 110kph. The old tyres were the identical type but never made the car shake. Why do the new tyres cause the car to shake?

Dean
Dean

TBH, I wish I knew so they could be fixed on my 4wd too. My opinion is there is a manufacturing fault but Bridgestone do not care enough to admit it. I had several sets on my Triton (trying to fix the problem) and was told the last set now on the vehicle were specifically tested and were 'in spec'. I'm so annoyed everytime I drive over 100kmh the whole car shakes. In spec BS.

Grb

Grbasked

Is it good on snow? And snow/mud terrains?

ABe

ABeasked

Is Dueller AT 697 suitable for Toyota RAV 4?

Snowy
Snowy

I am sure there will be a size in the AT697 to suit a Rav4. 225/65/17 I think is the standard size you are after. Need to look at your tyre sticker that shows size, load and speed ratings for your vehicle.

Andyroo

Andyrooasked

I had a full set of AT 697s put on the Pajero about 12 months ago, but now find significant road noise has developed. Is this normal?

Andrew from Perth WA

JimSutt
JimSutt

Hi Andyroo, I have had these tyres on my Pajero for 3.5 years now, done thousands of Kms in the outback towing a 1600 Kg Camper, had two punctures, one was a screw the other a nail, no real punctures while traveling . They are a little noisy, but the Paj diesel is pretty noisy anyhow so cant really hear them .. handle bitumen well and very good on dirt. Have done some hard core off road and they were great kept up with others with mud tyres ... So far 46,000 Km and they are pretty worn and will replaced soon .. Cheers Jim

EAN

EANasked

I have a 2013 Colorado and have had two sets of Bridgestone Dueller H/T 840. 75,000ks each set.
Would I be better off with A/T 697?

Anne

Anneasked

Hi, I have a Toyota Prado Landcruiser 2013 with Dueler A/T light truck 697 245/70R17. What are the recommended tyre pressures for on road driving.The door plate from Toyota recommends 29psi front and back Also need the presures for off road terrain eg sand and corrugations. I have fitted about an extra 90 kg to the boot for general driving but have no idea of fully loaded weight. Thanks in anticipation Anne

Martin
Martin

I have 697’s also. Your Prada would originally come with a lighter tyre and consequently a higher speed rating tyre. The door plate would have been for those types. Although Light truck tires have a higher load capacity they have a lower speed rating in comparison to a P tyre. To travel at the same speed on the bituminous it is recommended they be run at 40 -42 psi. If you intend to drive at slower speeds such as on gravel roads you will need to reduce pressure. In the case of LT tryes speed plays an important part in determining tyre pressure. I constantly drive on a 110km/hr freeway and run mine @ 40/42.

Max

Maxasked

Hi I have a Mitsubishi ASX with 4 wheel drive capability. Are Bridgestone A/T 697 tyres suitable for icy Road conditions?

The King
The King

Absolutely not!

Virk

Virkasked

Ply rating?

henry

henryasked

are these tyres suitable for on road caravans weight 2500 tons max?
are the tyres 10ply rated?
are the tyres subject to causing van sway?

Robert

Robertasked

Hi, I run 697 LT 245/65R17. What is the correct tire pressure?

Ausborn
Ausborn

There should be a sticker on the driver's side door frame telling you what pressures to run for your vehicle.

Fisherman
Fisherman

I have LT 265/65x 17 on Prado 40 psi all round have now done 78,000 kms also rotate every 10,000 kms including spare