Bridgestone Dueler A/T 697

Bridgestone Dueler A/T 697 (page 2 of 2)

• Off-Roading Frequency
  • Wet Weather Handling
  • Durability
  • Dry Weather Handling
Jason

JasonSouth Australia, 5113

Noisier then M/T tyres.

Unbearable noise on our vehicle. We replaced in under 12 months because noise was horrible.
Always had comments from passengers thinking they were cheap nasty tyres based on the noise.

This is coming from a larger 4wd owner and the MT tyres I run are quieter (BFG).

bought bridgestone again but went HT and although better they are still noisy compared to a cooper CS4 we've also used

CarNissan X-trail

Out of round and shaking car at 90/kmh

Bought 4 Duellers 265 /70/16 on 07/2015. They made the car shake, after 8 wheel balances and 2 wheel alignment Bridgestone on 02/2016 replaced all 4 with supposedly good tyres, car still was shaking , did suspension replacement. 06 /2017. Have 2 written reports from different tyre shops saying tyres are faulty, taking Bridgestone to small claims tribunal.

Car2000 Nissan Patrol
Asha Mary Mathew

Asha Mary MathewAU

Careless service

After the wheel alignment they always taken 2 wheels nuts bush . When i asked they are saying 2 bush is enough to hold wheel cup and they thrown in to the bin. Bush is not costly but it shows quality of service. Bridgestone giving franchise to all service sation without minimum standard.

CarHonda

Paul M

Paul Mtraveller

Waste of money

After using the 693's for years I decided to try the 697's on my 2010 Ranger, am at 24000 k's now and I'll be lucky to get to 30000, after averaging 60-70000 with the others I certainly will not bother with the 697's again which is a shame because they handled quite well and have been very quiet the whole time

Car2010 PK Ranger
Bits and Bobs

Bits and Bobs

Lethal in the wet

After a year or so the 697s compound hardened and lost grip on bitumen under dew, light or heavy rain regardless of front or rear wheels, light or heavy load. 40klm 4 wheel skids, loss of directional control on roundabouts at low speed. I replaced them with 70% remaining tread.

Car2011 Holden Colorado
Joem

JoemHamilton, NZ

poor wet performance

I had very bad driving experience on wet road, fish tailing, cant controll, every one in the car get scared. I had Goodyear Efficient grip SUV tires earlier and they were much better to drive. Never again buy Dueler 697. Not worried about noice if they perform well for a safe drive.

Car2010 MMC Pajero
Dunk

DunkGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

like driving on ice

what a woefull tyre horrid in the wet below par off road they scallop even though l am running recomended pressure 40psi by bridgestone rotating every 5000kms have only done 20,000 kms they are 3/4 worn Bridgestone my advice to you dont waste your money they only make brillant passenger car tyres and Truck tyres but as for 4x4 forget it they are absolute rubbish NEVER AGAIN.

CarNW Pajero 2012

Worst tyre I have ever encounted

Went with the 697's after doing some homework but after 40 thou k's and after doing a rotation every 5,000 k at a small cost of $35 to $40 which now added the price of another tyre they will be flat out doing another 10 thou. I can say I am disgusted and would not buy another 697, I'm going back to BF's, far better tyre and cheaper, I paid $305 for the 697's, bad call.

CarAmarok
Money Wasted

Money Wastedsomewhere in the world of regret

Noisy & Terrible on all surfaces

CarToyota

pnx

pnx

Soft comfy and grips really well BUT...

As it wears down it is NOISY AS HELL! if we talk about grips in wet and dry it is pretty good. Very soft rubber makes the ride more comfy too.

But he noise it generates as it wears down is down right HORRIBLE!!!

Greg. F

Greg. FSouth East Queensland, QLD

Tyres out of round

Purchased a set of 267/75/16 LT 697s drove out of Bridgestone tyre dealer the steering was going all over the place took it back for another wheel balance after that it was no different they eventually replaced two tyres .they said everything was right . Drove away again down highway around 90ks it started to shake again . So they replaced the other tyres so there is obviously a problem with some 697s

Sandy

SandyCamira

Noise unbearable and worrying

I am so glad to have read the review above, with regard to the noise. The noise has been driving me mad also. I have gone through the same thoughts and actions as the reviewer on 7 January 2015. My anxiety levels whilst on a long trip, without support during towns, was very worrisome. Though I only need two new tyres, I will change all now (to a new brand), just to relieve the anxiety associated with the noise.

Ken Y

Ken YBunbury

To noisy

I have Dueler HL 235/60 R17 102H 683. The noise is worse than a collapse bearing. Never again. The dealer is not interested and the mechanic says no bearing problems. Done 18000k but have to go

andrew

andrewGoulburn Valley, VIC

7000,ks aint worth a pinch

Put a new set on for a trip along the plenty highway,7000 ks later the tyre had a10 cm long crack in the shoulder.bridgestone rejected any claim .very disappointed.bridgestone claim the tyre is made to take on the great outdoors.its better suited to driving driving on fairyfloss.don,t believe bridgestone,s hype

No warrenty service

MichaelSouth East Queensland, QLD

I was expecting a bit more from this tyre 205 70 15

CarHONDA CR-V 2000 SPORT

Senoma

SenomaCentral Queensland, QLD

Worst A/T's I have had..

They look good and seem to grip well but the ride is harsh and the noise they make is atrocious... I thought I had wheel bearing problems on the wifes Rav, took it to a Mechanic and he said it was the tyres!. These 697's had only done 15k? I changed them and the difference was amazing, like a new car. Problem is I had earlier put a set on my Amarok and now they have the same horrible noises. I am getting rid of them today, anyone want 265/65R17's with only 12,000klms on them? $50 each and they're yours.
Looks
Noisy, harsh wears quickly

terrible wear

I have done 35000 kms will be lucky to get 45000 out of them. Not to bad offroad but for the price I expect more k's. My old man had the same problem new tyres after about 48000.
I had the previous a/t's and they were great, this new model have been huge disappointment, won't be buying again. And yes I always had them rotated and balance with wheel alignment.
not to bad off road.
wear way to fast for the price.

CarPrado

worst tire I've had

I've had these on my dual cab for 18mths done 32, 000km. Worst tires, terrible off road, collects mud, looses traction on gravel/dirt. Wet road any speed over 30km going around bends looses traction. Need new tires already considering ive only been off road 3 times.
Will not buy again don't feel safe.

Basic off road ability was lacking, tread wear too quick on road

JJ_Potter
JJ_Potter

I agree, these things are horrible in the wet. I'm able to lose traction on all 4 wheels without even trying.

Gulfstream