Bridgestone Dueler A/T 697

Bridgestone Dueler A/T 697 (page 2 of 2)

• Off-Roading Frequency
  • Wet Weather Handling
  • Durability
  • Dry Weather Handling
Ben Byrne

Ben ByrnePerth

Great idea we needed something like this

I have used these tires on my car and always will as they have never let me down and recommend changing them all four...

Shnu

ShnuSydney

Good

The journey feels smooth but the price was bit high when compared to other retailers.Custimer service was good.the tyres are durable so far.the retailer was close to out home and that was the reason we chose to go with Bridgestone.they also had a offer advertised but when we actually went there the offer was only for few tyres.

CarToyota Corolla
Creeky

Creeky

Is good.

The tyres impact the performance of my vehicle that gives me & my family as well as anyone else travelling in my vehicle a great sense of safety as well as a very comfortable ride. I would recommend anyone to this product as it is worth every single dollar. So buy.

CarCar

Bretto

Brettoperth

SO Safe

Great grip and very quiet road noise and wouldn't recommend any other tyre, particularly good in the wet slippery conditions of winter time, price is expensive but they are they contact between the car and the road and a good tyre like this is paramount for saving your life and others too.

CarLand Rover
Nick N.

Nick N.Sydney

Good tyres

On my second set of these, have had no issues so far. Did not notice any difference in road noise when I changed from the Bridgestone HTs to the ATs. Do a bit of driving out bush in Central Australia on rocky and sandy tracks and they have been fine, have not really had them in mud so can't comment on that.

Car2014 Mitsubishi Challenger

Display NameBrisbane

Have done 70,000km no worries

I got these tyres based on the recommendation of a friend who runs them on his work 4x4 utes. I just worked out this week i have done at least 70,000 km on them, without a hassle. I could probably get another 10k or so out of them, but they are a work vehicle, and safety first! They have been really good, a little noisier than my last set, (apparently this gets worse with age) but all in all have been a solid performer. I'll probably buy another set in a few weeks.

Off road they go good, but in full on mud (not by choice, but thats where i ended up on a work trip), as you would expect they are not real good. But, considering how much mud was there, they went pretty good.

Car2013 DMAX
Display Name

Ended up doing nearly 90,000 on them as work didn't want to pay for new ones. Honestly, i wouldn't recommend going past 70,000 as they seemed to not be "round".

Just got another set.

Display Name

Second set has done probably 50,000 now. Very happy with them on and off road.

Good wear.

Have had the BT50 since new, replaced the rubbish factory tyres at 49k and fitted 245/70 16 A/T's and now looking at fitting another set after travelling 90k on this set. They have gotten progressively noisier but have had worse. I have done two Cape trips, runs along Bribie and driving around country properties chasing game. Only went to these for cost over Coopers, had set of Coopers on 94 Hilux & had no troubles with them either, just $Aust. I had the wheels aligned a couple of times early on and rotate every 10k and keep pressure @36psi and the wear indicators are still below the treads.

Car2010 BT50 freestyle cab
Steve

SteveBathurst

Great all purpose tyre

Gives my Hilux that important extra bit of grip off road while still being a relatively quiet and capable on road tyre. Tyre life has been good considering small amounts of reasonably tough off road use in rocky conditions and a lot of highway and suburban driving. Overall, I'm very happy with this purchase.

Car2011 Hilux Dual Cab.
Dregs

DregsWA

Little disappointed

I found they are a good tyre for mixed use but only getting 50k out of them is a little disappointing as the bf goodridge I had got 90k and that was a heavier car (land cruiser)
My driving is about 60/40 on road / off-road , off-road being OFFroad not just a dirt track .
I would get them again but with a lot less expectations about wear life .

CarHilux

Frank from Oz

Frank from OzAU

On my second set of these Tyres

Car2008 Nissan R51 Pathfinder

Good to average.

Covered 60 000km over 3 years in a Landcruiser 200. Travel mostly on road. Expected better mileage with this tyres now due for replacement. One puncture (screw), even wear, good grip on gravel, good on road, average grip on wet roads, became noisy after 40 000km. Would I buy again? likely but will consider others.

CarToyota landcruiser 200
Terrific Tom

Terrific TomSouth East Queensland, QLD

Good Tyre

Done 50000 km out west and down south from Qld SE. Tyres are 50% worn and now starting to be giggle headed and a bit noisy. I am going to replace the steer tyres with new 697's and keep the ones I take off for drive tyres. This wear is with a caravan and a variety of conditions. I do recommend these tyres for the moderate user. Severe 4 x 4 work would be better with a more aggressive tread. Good grip, low noise whilst newer, fair off roaders.

Car2007 Triton VR
Andy Lauder

Andy Lauder

Not bad for the money $265 ea 265 65 17 LT

Fitted this yesterday morning did approx 700km today, Cairns through the tablelands in the rain and down a few wet clay roads and accross to Normanton.
Really good on the wet bitumen roads & fine on the gravel roads.
They weren't too bad on the wet clay for an AT they seem to perform pretty well all round.
My first choice was the MT but they had none in stock.
So far they are quiet and smooth.
hopefully they will last and continue to perform well.

80 series 4x4

80 series 4x4Adelaide

I'm on my second set of 265/75/16LT's

I even have them on my camper. I find that they were very well. They seem to match the capabilities of our 80 series Landcruiser. Great for off roading and hwy, having said that, they not very good for mud but you can tell that by the tread.
Never had a puncher and the side walls are tough. Had these tyres as low as 6 psi in deep soft sand without any drama.
I find them great but I do drive to conditions and I'm in no hurry to get anywhere.

Graeme

Graeme

It must depend on the car

Buzz

Buzz

LT285/65 R17 - Good tyre only let down by noise

sean.flanigan.7545

sean.flanigan.7545Perth, Western Australia

Way better than tread pattern suggests

Bridgestone AT 697

I am having the 265/75/16 fitted at present will keep posted on how they go.
Having fitted on Troopy which had BF Goodrich, I had good run with tyres but were getting past used by date, were over 8 years old.
Heading to the cape in 7 weeks time so will be put to the test.

you gotta be happy with 8 years out of a set of tyres !

Hogrambikes

Tyres still looking good and preforming well, just came back from the Easter run nth qld tracks best tyre i have owned friends run same tyre with no problems .

Trampel

TrampelSouth East Queensland, QLD

So far so good

Steve.M

Steve.MSOUTH BRISBANE

Dueler A/T697

Just put a set of D697's on my Mazda BT50 dual cab after 2 sets of BFG AT's. New 697 has 3mm deeper tread than old 694 and a 8ply rating in my size 255/70/16. It also runs heavier side walls which should help at low psi off road.
Big difference to the BFG on road in wet as the old tyres even from new were scary and the Bridgestone just grips with confidence. Only limited off road so far but good in wet dirt/clay on building sites so far for an all terrain(Not Mud Terrain).

Will take time to see about life expectancy but the previous model was good for high mileage so I hope these are as well.
Great grip in wet.

christopher c
christopher c
John
John

am looking to buy dueler D697 275/70.r16 for my 100 series will be towing caravan has any one got an oppion on these tyres will be doing some off road travelling J.W.

See all Bridgestone Dueler A/T 697 reviews