Bridgestone Dueler A/T 697

Bridgestone Dueler A/T 697 (page 4 of 6)

• Off-Roading Frequency
  • Wet Weather Handling
  • Durability
  • Dry Weather Handling

Jason

JasonSouth Australia, 5113

Noisier then M/T tyres.

Unbearable noise on our vehicle. We replaced in under 12 months because noise was horrible.
Always had comments from passengers thinking they were cheap nasty tyres based on the noise.

This is coming from a larger 4wd owner and the MT tyres I run are quieter (BFG).

bought bridgestone again but went HT and although better they are still noisy compared to a cooper CS4 we've also used

CarNissan X-trail

Out of round and shaking car at 90/kmh

Bought 4 Duellers 265 /70/16 on 07/2015. They made the car shake, after 8 wheel balances and 2 wheel alignment Bridgestone on 02/2016 replaced all 4 with supposedly good tyres, car still was shaking , did suspension replacement. 06 /2017. Have 2 written reports from different tyre shops saying tyres are faulty, taking Bridgestone to small claims tribunal.

Car2000 Nissan Patrol
Asha Mary Mathew

Asha Mary MathewAU

Careless service

After the wheel alignment they always taken 2 wheels nuts bush . When i asked they are saying 2 bush is enough to hold wheel cup and they thrown in to the bin. Bush is not costly but it shows quality of service. Bridgestone giving franchise to all service sation without minimum standard.

CarHonda

scott

scottalice springs

perfect for central australia rough roads on my prado

Have taken these tyres on Gibb river road to broome from Alice springs and back along the tanami track to alice springs and finke gorge track. They are tough and reliable and quiet. Very hard wearing and even after 10 000 km. Look like new.
Got mine for under $280 each and am super pleased with them on the prado. Now to take them along the plenty highway to cairns.

Cartoyota prado 2000 v6.
FocusFan

FocusFanSydney, NSW

Great Value tyre

CarNIssan Pathfinder 2009 R51Ti
Dan C

Dan CNowra

Outlast and outclass the rest

CarToyota Hilux
Mike

MikeMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Great tyres for the price

Bought a set of 245/65x17 AT to fit my MN Triton in July 2016. I have just completed 10000 kms and have been extremely happy with the handling and ride. I have been on various surfaces and have found the tyres quite capable. Majority of the travel has been towing a 2500kg caravan and the wear has been minimal. I have completed the 2 free maintenance checks and have had the tyres rotated as required.

Car2012 MN Triton Dual cab GLX-r
Numb Thumbs

Numb ThumbsMelbourne

An excellent touring tyre

I am now on my third set of these tyres on my 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee - LT265/60R18. I am averaging 50,000 kms from a set - and I change my tyres early, not late.
I do a lot of outback touring type driving - for example Melbourne/Cairns/Savannah Way/Lawn Hill/Borrooloola/Katherine/Kakadu/Kununurra/Gibb River Road/Cape Levique/Halls Creek/Tanami Road/Alice Springs/Chambers Pillar/Oodnadatta Track/Melbourne, 17000 kms in 12 weeks.
These tyres do a great job and have proven very strong and reliable. I keep coming back to them.

Car2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo with air suspension

Really good

Had these on my Amarok for 100,000km now and still going, I do a lot of highway driving sometimes with a trailer and these tyres performed perfectly on road, very quiet up until 50,000-60,000. Done a bit of off-roaring and I found the grip to work very well on rock,gravel and sand and no chunking.

Car2013 Amarok

limbert

limbertAU

A/T 697 - Incredibly good milage for a 4 x 4 tyre

I fitted the A/T 697 (LT245/70R16) Dueler's to the ute in 2012. Most of their life has been on bitumen and about 40,000K towing a 1850kg caravan.
They have performed faultlessly, presently up to 90,000km, probably about 4mm above the tread wear markers, I reckon I could get 100,000km if I pushed it but I have decided to replace them shortly - (with the same type!!)
If you are looking for a "high mileage" 4 x 4 tyre, I would highly recommend them. I have never achieved anywhere near that type of mileage from any other brand of 4 x 4 tyre in the past.

Car2010 Mazda BT-50 twin cab ute

Dueller AT 697 LT on Nissan navara V6

Tyres are 4 years old, done 70k kms now need replacing
The navara came out of the show room with road tyres which I immediately changed for the 697 LTs in size 265 65 R17 used 70% on road and rest off road. Off road included Qld telegraph track, Byfield national park outback NSW etc etc
The tyres performed well generally but difficult in extreme conditions as climbing rutted sand dunes, managed heavy mud around subsiding lakes
Pretty good tyres with low noise on the road, needs care on loose gravel.
Overall as a general purpose tyre I have rated it as excellent and looking to replace with same

CarNavara V6 STX 550
Paul M

Paul Mtraveller

Waste of money

After using the 693's for years I decided to try the 697's on my 2010 Ranger, am at 24000 k's now and I'll be lucky to get to 30000, after averaging 60-70000 with the others I certainly will not bother with the 697's again which is a shame because they handled quite well and have been very quiet the whole time

Car2010 PK Ranger
Willshell

WillshellBrisbane

Awesome, long lasting.

These tyres are great. They are great for road driving, while being extremely grippy for the off road stuff. I can honestly say I've never been stuck using these tyres, and I'm often going on the beach etc They drive well on the road & are very safe in the wet - even when there is nothing in the back end of the ute, I've always got plenty of traction. Quality rubber!

CarNissan Navara
Steeleydan7

Steeleydan7

Good reliable tyre good value compared with the C brand.

CarLandcruiser Wagon, F250 4WD Ranger, Nissan X trail.

Very good tyres

Desert Dueller A/T 697 Lt 16inch on Triton MN performed faultlessly 90 000 km combined driving bitumen , dirt road mud, sand on a few trips on Cape York Kakadu Snowies etc.
and still reasonable tread on them. Not single puncture, performed in wet weather without any problem and in deeper mud were ok too

CarMitsubishi Triton MN 2010

Find out how Bridgestone Dueler A/T 697 compares to other 4WD Tyres

excellent tyre if used properly

Car2000 pajero
h.s

h.sQueensland, Australia

A Great All-rounder and reasonably priced! Make sure you buy the LT version

Car2012 Triton GLX-R
Joem

JoemHamilton, NZ

poor wet performance

I had very bad driving experience on wet road, fish tailing, cant controll, every one in the car get scared. I had Goodyear Efficient grip SUV tires earlier and they were much better to drive. Never again buy Dueler 697. Not worried about noice if they perform well for a safe drive.

Car2010 MMC Pajero
Pat B

Pat BNorth Queensland, QLD

Dueler LT 265 65 17.

CarMitsubishi Challenger
Thomas

ThomasGoulburn Valley, VIC

Excellent quality tyre

i had these fitted to my brand new Holden Colorado 7 to get away from the standard highway tread they come with, we've done 1870klms since they've been fitted on combination of highway and off-road environment, I have encountered any tyre noise that others on here speak of nor and bad slippage on the highway work, they make no more noise then the Bridgestone dueller HT that we removed, they perform great on loose gravel and sand, not so great in the mud though but at the end of the day there not mud terrain tyres. I'm starting to think that all the problems others have experienced are more vehicle specific than tyre specific as I can't fault them.

Car2015 Holden Colorado 7 LTZ